Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best feats for the power of love/friendship/courage

ITT

The best, often most outrageous, examples of a character overcoming seemingly impossible odds through the power of friendship/love/heart of the cards, and so on?

Without specifics, Star Sapphire (and her Corps, of course) and Ma-Ti are literally powered by love.

More specifically, WandaVision's whole premise of reality warping comes from love (yes, yes, grief, but "What is grief but love persevering?"). Nothing she did from Age of Ultron to Endgame indicated reality warping. Prior to this Wanda was "merely" a powerful telekinetic/mild telepath.

Interstellar probably counts, too. Cooper figures out what to do in the very-deadly black hole because of his love for his daughter.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-27-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Saint Seiya is extremely big on the bonds shared among their friends, to the point it can increase their power and(depending on the plot)perform miracles, allowing them to perform an act that is usually well beyond their normal capabilities.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Would the Genki Dama count? Because Goku first went Ultra Instinct by absorbing it while his power was practically at zero.

Sailor Moon had that in abundance if I remember correctly. Mostly in the form of sacrificing themselves to make Sailor Moon more powerful, or combining their powers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fairy Tail is rather infamous for it. Just about every fight comes down to "power of friendship!"

Everything the Care Bears and Care Bear Cousins ever did. So specifically the most powerful Care Bear Stare and Cousin Call.

Also MLP. I mean the modern show was literally called Friendship is Magic.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

*Gestures at the entirety of Gurren Lagaan with one hand*

*Gestures at the entirety of GaoGaiGar with the other*

The whole super robot mecha revival pretty much runs on this sort of thing. In the case of GaoGaiGar and Gurren Lagaan, literally. The main robots are powered by courage and mutual self belief respectively.

Ooh, Rory in Doctor Who. Being turned into an immortal Auton is one thing but isolation for a few thousand years would drive anyone mad. However, he kept his focus, guarded the Pandorica that held/healed Amy, and even moved the likely-multi-ton box, all by himself, thanks to the power of love.

Are we quantifying this by the power of friendship and courage becoming some quantifiable power that physically affects the setting, or personality traits?

Because I'm trying to calculate who would win, a country's state of the art military with the advanced, ancient technology of a floating island, or a kid with a grenade launcher, a gang of air pirates, and a boss grandma leading the charge.

Get in the ornithopter, Sheeta, we're gonna save the world.
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-28-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Are we quantifying this by the power of friendship and courage becoming some quantifiable power that physically affects the setting, or personality traits?

Because I'm trying to calculate who would win, a country's state of the art military with the advanced, ancient technology of a floating island, or a kid with a grenade launcher, a gang of air pirates, and a boss grandma leading the charge.

Get in the ornithopter, Sheeta, we're gonna save the world.
    goddamn I love this film so much

one of my favourite films, not just out of the Ghibli canon but just generally.

it's so good.

man... should I watch Laputa again for the... I'm definitely in the teens at least by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    goddamn I love this film so much

one of my favourite films, not just out of the Ghibli canon but just generally.

it's so good.

man... should I watch Laputa again for the... I'm definitely in the teens at least by this point.
    Update, I'm now watching Laputa again.

I heard the main theme hit and almost burst into tears.

I fucking love this film.

Kingdom Hearts, full stop. To the point where it's even written in the lore that emotional bonds give you actual power.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

BANNED

No contest

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Update, I'm now watching Laputa again.

I heard the main theme hit and almost burst into tears.

I fucking love this film.
    In truth, tis awesome.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate