Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Yeah, Barry was only pulling in 30/31k the last several months prior to the pandemic so there's a slight bump up if anything.

But given they kept the numbering, Adams being an unknown writer, and a lot of people not even knowing Wally took over, I don't see why anyone expected a huge initial jump. I also doubt there's a real big difference between Wally and Barry when it comes to who is the bigger draw with the comic fandom.
    Yeah, the sales are pretty steady, and I agree, had they relaunched with a new #1, they'd probably be higher. It's doing well enough to avoid cancellation at least. Not every book's going to sell as much as Batman!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the sales are pretty steady, and I agree, had they relaunched with a new #1, they'd probably be higher.
    And then on the other hand, how many long time readers are sick of seeing "Awesome New #1 Issue!" (MUST BUY MULTIPLE COPIES WITH A BAZILLION VARIANT COVERS!!!) for the seventh-to-tenth (or more?) time?

There is nothing wrong with the number. You were corrected about this in the WW thread, and yet you keep holding to your horse. These numbers are normal, it sells well digitally and it gets great reviews. If DC wanted it to be a big seller, they would have relaunched with a more known creative team. The book is performing above their expectations if you ask me.

Extraordinary Member

Never mind. 10char

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the number. You were corrected about this in the WW thread, and yet you keep holding to your horse. These numbers are normal, it sells well digitally and it gets great reviews. If DC wanted it to be a big seller, they would have relaunched with a more known creative team. The book is performing above their expectations if you ask me.
    Tell that to the fans who buy Leah's X-Factor run where they have lost their minds when the run got cancel pre-mature.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Tell that to the fans who buy Leah's X-Factor run where they have lost their minds when the run got cancel pre-mature.
    It's not the same situation.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

OH, Christ.

Look, 34k is fine. It's more than fine, it's both good and "usual Flash sales" by today's standards. Which is good, because historically, whoever is in the cowl has made very little difference sales-wise. This just means business as usual.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    DC think that everybody, except Bat-Family and The Joker is no longer good seller anymore, you're too late with this statement. Action Comics (the only Clark ongoing currently) and Green Lantern sell on the same level with The Flash, Wonder Woman sells even worse. So what?
    And those numbers aren't that bad as you think, stop panicking, it's starting to be really annoying.
    I agree with the general gist of what you say, but Superman has technically as many books as Flash and Green Lantern together in the last top 200, and most surprisingly Wonder Woman even more than both together, especially by counting Wondergirl.

I'm not buying the book for the same reason I'm not buying Green Lantern: the $4.99 cover price. $5 for a monthly book is just too much. I'd love to support a Flash book starring Wally, but not at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I'm not buying the book for the same reason I'm not buying Green Lantern: the $4.99 cover price. $5 for a monthly book is just too much. I'd love to support a Flash book starring Wally, but not at that price.
    When did they raise the cover price to $4.99?

I thought The Flash was still a $3.99 title for the regular cover, but if you buy the variant card-stock cover then it's $4.99.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When did they raise the cover price to $4.99?

I thought The Flash was still a $3.99 title for the regular cover, but if you buy the variant card-stock cover then it's $4.99.
    I've only seen the $4.99 copies at my lcs. I'll have to ask about that then and see if there's a less expensive option.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I've only seen the $4.99 copies at my lcs. I'll have to ask about that then and see if there's a less expensive option.
    It's possible your LCS is running out of the standard $3.99 covers quickly...?

That's been the case at several shops in my area - if you don't have the standard version of a given title on your pull list, you're stuck with the $4.99 cardstock variant.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

#774 has a price point of $4.99 for the standard cover and $5.99 for the card stock variant.
    I'm not sure if it has a higher page count, (I think it does) but I agree it's getting expensive being a fan of the medium these days.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

large-5440238.jpg

This one is confusing as the cover states $4.99, but the solicitation reads $3.99.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

So Wally West is back as Flash again? I didn't even know that.

Last time I heard of him was the awful Heroes in Crisis.