Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Can an omega mutant be amped?

if Jean already has immeasurable basically infinite power telepathic doesn't that mean the pheonix can't amplify her telepathic powers only draw out its potential? Because I keep think about it and an omega level mutant getting amped doesn't make sense as like how do you amp the immeasurable? Immeasurable plus immeasurable is still immeasurable

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean has only been given OL status at the start of this new Era (and post rejecting the PF)
    One can assume that under Claremont and Simonson and even Morrison she wasn't OL...so the PF would be able to "amp" her powers and enable her OL potential...operative word, potential.

Based off of the many, many scans of her feats in the Jean App thread...she clearly wasn't at "immeasurable" OL strength in the earlies pre Phoenix and DP.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    if Jean already has immeasurable basically infinite power telepathic doesn't that mean the pheonix can't amplify her telepathic powers only draw out its potential? Because I keep think about it and an omega level mutant getting amped doesn't make sense as like how do you amp the immeasurable? Immeasurable plus immeasurable is still immeasurable
    I've always thought that the Phoenix didn't add to Jean's power, just to her awareness. If Jean was allowed to be an Omega Level telekinetic too, then it would really be the case.

Her telepathy already seems to be able to reach beyond the mind (the spirit/soul/essence whatever you want to call it). With total control over matter, you can teleport and resurrect and do stuff like that. All you need then is the ability to transcend time, but chrono-skimming is already a step in that direction and her daughter can do that. Jean could probably do it too if she dared trying.

An interesting question is this: can a mutant like Fabian Cortez boost Jean's telepathy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    An interesting question is this: can a mutant like Fabian Cortez boost Jean's telepathy?
    Interesting and my personal guess would be no, my reasoning is since there is no upper limit, Cortez would be boosting without a ceiling limit, in effect it's like carrying water with a seive.His boosting will just drain his own power without technically doing much. Anyway that is my pseudo-scientific stab at it, writers may differ.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Can an OL be amped...probably.
    Would they ever need to be amped...not likely.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean has only been given OL status at the start of this new Era (and post rejecting the PF)
    One can assume that under Claremont and Simonson and even Morrison she wasn't OL...so the PF would be able to "amp" her powers and enable her OL potential...operative word, potential.

Based off of the many, many scans of her feats in the Jean App thread...she clearly wasn't at "immeasurable" OL strength in the earlies pre Phoenix and DP.
    That is true under claremont the pheonix was definitely an amp but what would you say about now... Like if currently jean gets possesed or any omega for that matter since all of them have omega level abilities which are psionic in nature would it be an amp or something else.

BANNED

Ohhh that is very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Interesting and my personal guess would be no, my reasoning is since there is no upper limit, Cortez would be boosting without a ceiling limit, in effect it's like carrying water with a seive.His boosting will just drain his own power without technically doing much. Anyway that is my pseudo-scientific stab at it, writers may differ.
    That makes sense to me. But I wonder if boosting her power would force her to realise all telepathy's power-subsets that she hasn't tried developing yet. Like awakening dormant abilities because suddenly those become activated/amplified, you know?

BANNED

I've always thought that the Phoenix didn't add to Jean's power, just to her awareness. If Jean was allowed to be an Omega Level telekinetic too, then it would really be the case.

Her telepathy already seems to be able to reach beyond the mind (the spirit/soul/essence whatever you want to call it). With total control over matter, you can teleport and resurrect and do stuff like that. All you need then is the ability to transcend time, but chrono-skimming is already a step in that direction and her daughter can do that. Jean could probably do it too if she dared trying.
    That makes sense because when I think of bobby and the deathseed it seemed like he was amped but mystique debunked that an simply stated he was becoming more aware of his capabilities.

In my head canon this has been pretty much confirmed. Jean has been said at her ultimate state to rival the power of phoenix so it makes sense phoenix just made it "easier" for her to do certain things, sort of like the old up, up. left, left, down down, cheat inputs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Naah but like that makes sooo much sense and puts into context why hope was the one sent to amp the omegas on mars and not Fabian because she can actually do something to their power output.

That makes sense because when I think of bobby and the deathseed it seemed like he was amped but mystique debunked that an simply stated he was becoming more aware of his capabilities.
    Some Omegas seem to have a slower start, as if their abilities need time to grow into their potential.

In my headcannon, what Scott's DNA add to Jean's and make their children so ridiculously powerful is that it shortens this period. They manifest already at an intense power level (pretty much like the nature of his power), sometimes to their detriment like in Nate's case.

I think Jean limits herself a lot because, from the start, she understood her powers can easily detached from her humanity. But the Omega potential was always there.

Extraordinary Member

They did not send Fabian because they do not like him.

Omegas can get amped.

Not really sure tbh. I'm guessing it depends on the type of power and the physical limitations of the user
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡