Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    if Jean already has immeasurable basically infinite power telepathic doesn't that mean the pheonix can't amplify her telepathic powers only draw out its potential? Because I keep think about it and an omega level mutant getting amped doesn't make sense as like how do you amp the immeasurable? Immeasurable plus immeasurable is still immeasurable
    A most excellent question you posed! I will have to ponder on this a bit....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    A most excellent question you posed! I will have to ponder on this a bit....
    I have been in enough mathematics discussions to know that a poorly worded question can lead people to believe the incorrect and impossible answer must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Some Omegas seem to have a slower start, as if their abilities need time to grow into their potential.

In my headcannon, what Scott's DNA add to Jean's and make their children so ridiculously powerful is that it shortens this period. They manifest already at an intense power level (pretty much like the nature of his power), sometimes to their detriment like in Nate's case.

I think Jean limits herself a lot because, from the start, she understood her powers can easily detached from her humanity. But the Omega potential was always there.

Very well stated my friend!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They did not send Fabian because they do not like him.

Omegas can get amped.
    This is also a fact in that we saw Hope amp several omegas during planet size so while what they may be able to do is undefiniable the scale is obviously not.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I have been in enough mathematics discussions to know that a poorly worded question can lead people to believe the incorrect and impossible answer must be true.
    This is quite true!

I have seen situations where a person does just that thing you mention.

For example here, I pose the question: Jean has unlimited mental powers but are they at a cosmic level? The Phoenix Force is a Cosmic Entity and Jean as Phoenix had her powers at a cosmic level.

BANNED

They did not send Fabian because they do not like him.

Omegas can get amped.
    How do you amp an omega

BANNED

So what is the question that should be asked then

How do you amp an omega
    Planet sized explained it. Scale. I can't remember his name right now but the Arrako mutant had a living ecosystem in him, that was his ability and if he bled it would have maybe been a few drops but Hope with the help of Jamie was able to amplify that one drop of blood or few drops into an entire ocean. So while Hope didn't amp the power itself she was able to amplify it's scope and create harmony with Jamie in a way that he could make it bigger. Just like with vulcan i don't think hope amped him but rather was able to half the time by assisting him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is quite true!

I have seen situations where a person does just that thing you mention.

For example here, I pose the question: Jean has unlimited mental powers but are they at a cosmic level? The Phoenix Force is a Cosmic Entity and Jean as Phoenix had her powers at a cosmic level.
    Unlimited is unlimited if there is any limit to it then it's not unlimited ....I believe that This is an English thing immeasurable and infinity according to the dictionary are one and the same yet many people think immeasurable kinda is somehow less because it is thrown around more often. Jean has immeasurable telepathy we all know this, the question I am asking is that is it even possible to add onto her telepathy by external means or rather draw out the deeper depths that she hasn't explored yet. Immeasurable power and cosmic power are not exactly mutually exclusive, as cosmic beings are beings with basically immeasurable or incalculable power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Planet sized explained it. Scale. I can't remember his name right now but the Arrako mutant had a living ecosystem in him, that was his ability and if he bled it would have maybe been a few drops but Hope with the help of Jamie was able to amplify that one drop of blood or few drops into an entire ocean. So while Hope didn't amp the power itself she was able to amplify it's scope and create harmony with Jamie in a way that he could make it bigger. Just like with vulcan i don't think hope amped him but rather was able to half the time by assisting him.
    So she drew out his potential? So instead of his current output made him go deeper to access more? I think of magneto and the fact that his breakworld bullet feat and his celestial body feat were difficult not because of power limits but his body's limit. He couldn't access further without destroying his body sake with ororo who summed the power of millions of suns, planets and possibly black holes yet never alluded to a power limit more of a body limit.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 08-28-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

How do you amp an omega
    Magneto, Iceman, Kid Omega, just to name a few off the top of my head, have all been amped.
    So what is the question that should be asked then
    The definition already kind of relies on itself being true, that is observing these powers as being used in some way that deems them the highest must mean they cannot be surpassed by some other being capable of manifesting that power even though there is no way to prove that. So it simply classifies what is known.

I guess the question is does the definition account for being amped? Can another telepath be amped to surpass Jean? Can another telepath be amped to surpass Jean if Jean is amped in the same manner? Or, are there certain Omega mutants who are at a power level where they cannot be amped? Can Omegas even reach their limit without being amped?
    Last edited by cranger; 08-28-2021 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

Magneto, Iceman, Kid Omega, just to name a few off the top of my head, have all been amped.

The definition already kind of relies on itself being true, that is observing these powers as being used in some way that deems them the highest must mean they cannot be surpassed by some other being capable of manifesting that power even though there is no way to prove that. So it simply classifies what is known.

I guess the question is does the definition account for being amped? Can another telepath be amped to surpass Jean? Can another telepath be amped to surpass Jean if Jean is amped in the same manner? Or, are there certain Omega mutants who are at a power level where they cannot be amped? Can Omegas even reach their limit without being amped?
    Iceman was never amped by the death seed, magneto's status as an omega has always been on the rocks and kid omega took kick to become an omega apparently, same with Gabriel who absorbed all the mutant energy from M day to become practically beyond omega (a concept which is dumb in of itself),
    Also since you are a mathematician then please help me with this what is infinity plus one equal to.

Astonishing Member

These are super hero comics.

Everyone can be furthered amped, it just depends on how much the writer can convince the readers to accepted as something they should accpet as possible and continue to accept afterwards.

BANNED

This is why I said this problem is an English one not a mathematical one. The truth is this, omegas have immeasurable potential in their powerset in scope and capability, the wording on the list using undefinable is what seemed to confuse people, it left a form of ambiguity where people think that an omega can be surpassed if they are eclipsed by another mutant in that power. But the text book synonym for undefinable is insurmountable meaning cannot be overcome in any way, it is impossible. That is why jean and Quentin are both omega telepaths because both have insurmountable telepathic abilities and the difference between jean and Quentin is that jean has more experience and skill and is one of the best telepaths in the world but Quentin is just average many telepaths beat him in telepathy but the immeasurable potential is still there. He has no limits he just hasn't honed his abilities to the level where he is on par with jean Emma and xavier.
    I don't think an omega can ever reach the true limit of their power it's like saying what is the number just before infinity no amount of amping would get them there, at the same time I think some are at a point where amping them would not add to anything if you saw mars; storm, jean, iceman, magneto, elixr and lactuca did not need to be amped by hope. Jaime didn't need amps tooo. The rest did to a certain extent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    These are super hero comics.

Everyone can be furthered amped, it just depends on how much the writer can convince the readers to accepted as something they should accpet as possible and continue to accept afterwards.
    I know a writer can do what they want to do I am trying to have a deliberation in the matter as it exist in the hypothetical.