Thread: Web shooters

Default Web shooters

Question is the web shooters weigh based in a way. Cause when Peter throws a punch why don’t they go off. I like to say when he close his fist the button for shooters aren’t press. But that seems unlikely is there an explanation for it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I don't remember when it was first mentioned but there were some '80s comics that said the mechanism was triggered by a double finger tap.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I don't remember when it was first mentioned but there were some '80s comics that said the mechanism was triggered by a double finger tap.
    Not just a tap with his middle and ring fingers, but a tap with a specific amount of pressure so that he wouldn't accidentally activate it by making a fist or grabbing something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Here you go. It goes back to the Ditko days

https://youtu.be/biW73o5VmSQ

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not just a tap with his middle and ring fingers, but a tap with a specific amount of pressure so that he wouldn't accidentally activate it by making a fist or grabbing something.
    On the other hand(s), I believe Ben Reilly's web-shooters were activated by a certain turn of the wrist.

-Pav, who is thinking back to The Jackal Files...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    On the other hand(s), I believe Ben Reilly's web-shooters were activated by a certain turn of the wrist.

-Pav, who is thinking back to The Jackal Files...
    Yep, electronic sensors in his web-shooters, even if he had to wear the cuffs on the outside of his suit because they were too large to hide under his gloves, that read his wrist movements to determine how to fire the webs.

Astonishing Member

In the 90s animated series, when Spidey was talking to a sick girl, he explained that his webshooters work in a way that it needs the right pressure to avoid shooting them when he grabs something or makes a fist to punch. Nowadays, I believe it works in a similar way to a computer's mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    In the 90s animated series, when Spidey was talking to a sick girl, he explained that his webshooters work in a way that it needs the right pressure to avoid shooting them when he grabs something or makes a fist to punch. Nowadays, I believe it works in a similar way to a computer's mouse.
    Having just watched that episode myself, I definitely remember. A quick double-tap.

Extraordinary Member

Not only that he could use different types of presses in strength and duration for different effects of the webbing

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not only that he could use different types of presses in strength and duration for different effects of the webbing
    And tweak the nozzle as well so the web fired somewhat differently, at least if going by the 90s animated series.

Extraordinary Member

And tweak the nozzle as well so the web fired somewhat differently, at least if going by the 90s animated series.
    I remember that