Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Bitch, it had better.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    DC Rebirth died because the creatives at DC went back to the bad habits from the New 52 era.

- Bendis destroyed Superman, Supersons and LSH
    - Tom King destroyed Batman and the Titans
    - The writers who took over Hal's book just tried to rehash Johns

As long as the X-Office doesn't do the stupid crap they did during the Inhumans push we'll be good.

It's sad to see Hickman leave but it's pretty obvious that he didn't have full control in the end and that what he had planned wasn't lining up with what the higher-ups did.
    All of which are good points; while the Rebirth analogy might not be perfect, don't you think it's more likely that Krakoa beers off course without Hickman?

Also, it's a little silly that Hickman was brought on for a specific purpose only to do such a good job that TPTB decide to stall, causing Hickman to bow out. That's not a good sign to me.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    All of which are good points; while the Rebirth analogy might not be perfect, don't you think it's more likely that Krakoa beers off course without Hickman?

Also, it's a little silly that Hickman was brought on for a specific purpose only to do such a good job that TPTB decide to stall, causing Hickman to bow out. That's not a good sign to me.
    All I'll say is with Hickman gone, don't expect a satisfying conclusion like we got for F4 and Avengers with Secret Wars.
    "Cable was right!"

All I'll say is with Hickman gone, don't expect a satisfying conclusion like we got for F4 and Avengers with Secret Wars.
    Maybe it would be fortunate if we only have a botched finish.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The day that I see the tagline “MORE HATED AND FEARED THAN EVER,” will be the day that I probably step away from X-comics. The endless misery cycle is not it.
    But muh status quo

Mighty Member

We DC fans suffer the worst yet to come. ** Cough** Metals, **Cough** Death Metals** Cough** Batmanverse**. And that not only that.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    We DC fans suffer the worst yet to come. ** Cough** Metals, **Cough** Death Metals** Cough** Batmanverse**. And that not only that.
    I thought Metal was an okay idea executed just fine, but yeah, things haven't been good since and overall it seems that isn't gonna change soon. How the X-Men shake out will largely depend on how far Marvel moves away from Hickman's original plans and whether or not they refocus on characterization.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The weird thing is that the best selling runs of the past decade were all positive and optimistic in tone - Gillen, Bendis, Hickman. Duggan said his first 12 issues will have some wins, too. Hopefully, it’ll be like the Extinction team. Krakoa is incredibly empowering as a concept. A couple of writers who aren’t wired that way don’t get it, but the rest have at least tried.
    I do love that this era has been all about building up and adding to the mythos, new concepts, new set-pieces, new characters, and not tearing it down and making it smaller and meaner and uglier (through terrible ideas like the Decimation). Growth is good, cutting back sends the wrong message, to horribly misquote both The Secret of My Success and Wall Street.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do love that this era has been all about building up and adding to the mythos, new concepts, new set-pieces, new characters, and not tearing it down and making it smaller and meaner and uglier (through terrible ideas like the Decimation). Growth is good, cutting back sends the wrong message, to horribly misquote both The Secret of My Success and Wall Street.
    This summarise the problem of the DC Comics as a whole. We went from the focus of DC Universe to stuck with Batfamily and any batbooks related.

It's not the same thing. Rebirth was a complete reboot of the dc universe while simultaneously trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Hox/Pox was just a new X-men story, the last 60+ years of X-men history is still canon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    It's not the same thing. Rebirth was a complete reboot of the dc universe while simultaneously trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Hox/Pox was just a new X-men story, the last 60+ years of X-men history is still canon.
    Rebirth was not a reboot. Are you thinking of New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Rebirth was not a reboot. Are you thinking of New 52?
    Rebirth was absolutely a reboot, it's why it was called rebirth. Rebirth was a reboot of n52, its a reboot of a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Rebirth was absolutely a reboot, it's why it was called rebirth. Rebirth was a reboot of n52, its a reboot of a reboot.
    Soft reboot, there's a difference. New 52 continuity wasn't outright tossed out, even if a lot of it was recontextualized. DC just can't help themselves, making simple things needlessly complicated.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Soft reboot, there's a difference. New 52 continuity wasn't outright tossed out, even if a lot of it was recontextualized. DC just can't help themselves, making simple things needlessly complicated.
    Well, N52’s Wonder Woman continuity was largely tossed out. For the best.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, N52’s Wonder Woman continuity was largely tossed out. For the best.
    But not out of existence or timeline or whatever. Otherwise, we are in agreement.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.