Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Broken character feat that are silly but you like anyway.

So what are you favorites.

Mighty Member

Everything Vampire Hunter D does.

BANNED

Karma Abyss talking to her son and raising her voice by a *bit,* and punches a hole in the moon with her flame breath.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Wakim and the Steel General duking it out in Creatures of Light and Darkness is one of the trippiest fights I've ever read, and possibly the best example of 'fighting back and forth in Time', with actual times worked out, people setting up defenses in the past and the future, time being rewritten due to alterations, Wakim and the General killing each other in dozens of different timelines that get eliminated due to alterations in the past, seemingly hundreds of each person fighting each other, time itself starting to break down, etc.

Amusingly, it's not even close to the craziest stuff in the book, but it's a pretty fun scene.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-30-2021 at 04:57 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

image_2021-08-30_210120.jpg
    image_2021-08-30_210421.jpg

When you materialize a construct larger than the observable universe on nothing but sheer willpower and belief.
    Last edited by Twickster; 08-30-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Bullseye killing someone by flicking a toothpick. Like it not only made it that far but apparently had enough force to penetrate the glass window.

It's pretty much that point it's utter bullshit because that is just not peak human ability as the narrative claims Bullseye to be. It's blatant hax even kinda too ridiculous as admittedly peak humans in comics were way above peak humans in real life.

...Yet, it's honestly too amusing for me to really dislike.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Bullseye killing someone by flicking a toothpick. Like it not only made it that far but apparently had enough force to penetrate the glass window.

It's pretty much that point it's utter bullshit because that is just not peak human ability as the narrative claims Bullseye to be. It's blatant hax even kinda too ridiculous as admittedly peak humans in comics were way above peak humans in real life.

...Yet, it's honestly too amusing for me to really dislike.
    Dude throws air fresheners - the cardboard kind that hang in cars - such that they stab deeply into car doors. That's some extreme magic.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

A feat that I really like from Magi: Labyrinth of Magic is one that is used to show what an insanely good magician Aladdin has become off-screen during a timeskip.

Aladdin takes on Arba the disembodied spirit of an immortal, swordsmaster/super-magician from the previous iteration of the universe who is currently possessing the body of the Princess Hakuei. Despite crushing her every offensive attack with ease, Arba refuses to leave Hakuei's body, in essence forcing a stalemate. She can't beat Aladdin but he can't get her out of Hakuei's body.

Aladdin then grabs her and does Alchemical Magic on her, apparently causing her to collapse. Local incredibly top tier magician Yunan who has been observing the fight is like:

Yunan: "Alchemical Magic? That turns one substance into another,"

Aladdin: "Yeah, I figured since Arba is only able to possess people of a specific bloodline; if I atomically deconstructed Hakuei's body and then rebuilt it Arba wouldn't be able to possess her any more because she no longer has any of the atomic structure associated with her bloodline,"

Yunan: "Wait, but Alchemical Magic requires one magical formula to be used per change and that was done in an instant and would have been ludicrously complex,"

Aladdin: "Yeah, it was literally over 1,022,000 individual spell formulae used at once. No biggie!" ^_^

Yunan: O_o

I suppose this is more about the quality of the traps, but Jim the Vampire falling into a pit. At his superspeed he should have just glided over the water like Flash or Sonic would, and yet he sank.

It's not a low showing for Jim, it's a broken-high showing for the house.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I give the feat a lot of crap, but Tenshinhan holding off Stage 2 Cell instead of just getting ignored and blitz splattered/devoured in passing is still pretty damn badass.

Oh, and while I can think of a reasonably plausible explanation for it, Trunks managing to slice Fused Zamasu in half by the power of getting really mad still has no actual explanation of how someone that is weaker than Goku or Vegeta is able to do that to someone that is at least in the same ballpark as Vegetto.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dude throws air fresheners - the cardboard kind that hang in cars - such that they stab deeply into car doors. That's some extreme magic.
    ....Yeah, peak human my ass. I know he does get adamantium fused to his damaged spine that kinda raises his attributes somehow but I doubt super strength is one of them.

Extraordinary Member

One of my favorites, from a Web novel called Heretical Edge.

Main protagonist Flick is a student at a magical school, and alongside another student has accidently been pulled to another dimension by an alien device. She subsequently teams up with the aliens, and they begin to pull in allies from back home to help fight a certain threat. They first bring in the other students Sister, but they have to wait till Flick's room mate goes on her morning jog to retrieve her, because the school's defenses will stop it from working on the regular grounds.

So they're talking, and Flick notices a female figure on the viewing screen that the aliens are using to find people, and says "Hey, you found her!"

To which the aliens say "we haven't done anything yet."

At which point the figure, who is the head mistress of the magic school, promptly reaches through the screen, and then step out into the alien dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ....Yeah, peak human my ass. I know he does get adamantium fused to his damaged spine that kinda raises his attributes somehow but I doubt super strength is one of them.
    To be fair, he’s not alone. I seem to remember Ultimate Hawkeye pulling his own fingernails off and killing some guys by flicking them.

Or did I dream that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I give the feat a lot of crap, but Tenshinhan holding off Stage 2 Cell instead of just getting ignored and blitz splattered/devoured in passing is still pretty damn badass.

Oh, and while I can think of a reasonably plausible explanation for it, Trunks managing to slice Fused Zamasu in half by the power of getting really mad still has no actual explanation of how someone that is weaker than Goku or Vegeta is able to do that to someone that is at least in the same ballpark as Vegetto.
    Oooh, if we're going this route, basically the dead Z-Fighters vs. the Ginyu Force is filler non-sense but really one of the few times that they get to shine (especially as a team), so I'll take it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    To be fair, he’s not alone. I seem to remember Ultimate Hawkeye pulling his own fingernails off and killing some guys by flicking them.

Or did I dream that?
    I think he might have spit one of them through a guy's neck, too. But it has been a while since I read the Ultimates.