Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I have never experienced JoJo, but I am now somewhat intrigued.
    Oh, it's fantastically special. Continuity? Screw that. Pulling out new powers as needed? Check and check and check. Randomly running into exactly the worst OR best person or situation literally every 60 seconds? You know it. Names that all come from 70's rock groups? Oh indeed. Beating the freak of the week despite getting asses thoroughly kicked for the first 90% of each and every encounter? Well, duh. Losing literal gallons of blood in every fight? Of course.

And despite or perhaps because all of that, it's glorious.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Karas as a setting has way more intense speed feats than you would assume the premise probably needs, but I love it
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Oh, it's fantastically special. Continuity? Screw that. Pulling out new powers as needed? Check and check and check. Randomly running into exactly the worst OR best person or situation literally every 60 seconds? You know it. Names that all come from 70's rock groups? Oh indeed. Beating the freak of the week despite getting asses thoroughly kicked for the first 90% of each and every encounter? Well, duh. Losing literal gallons of blood in every fight? Of course.

And despite or perhaps because all of that, it's glorious.
    Not just 70s rock groups. There's also tarot cards (part 3 Stands) food (Part 5), fashion designers (Part 6), and more modern bands/singers (Stands in various parts).

It also has quite possibly the most gloriously bad name for anything: Limp Bizkit turned into Flaccid Pancake (part 6). Though having Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap turn into Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price (Part 7) is good too.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I have never experienced JoJo, but I am now somewhat intrigued.
    Everyone involved in this video is part of the Italian Mafia, and it came out of nowhere.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Being fair, the planet getting murdered was at least in part due to Bronze and his 'doubling, doubling again, doubling again' thing. ^_^ Edit: which is, now that I think about it, pretty ridiculous on its own.

But yes, Temporal Fugue is kind of 'The Time Martial Art that other time martial arts want to be when they grow up'.
    Now I want to see Karate Kid use it! Also, I'm shocked wre're this far in and there's no mention of Val til now
    Last edited by Tanrage; 09-10-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just to comment on this - need to throw in the fact that The Prince uses his teleportation in combat not just to move around but to bring people to places where the natural laws of such a place - again 'postulate infinity and everything is possible' - are such that effectively magic **** happens to support whatever he wants.

Basically, it functions as 'reality warping via teleportation and a universe where anything is possible'.

Like, 'Oh, you raise your hand against me and I grab your wrist with fingers that burn. You raise another hand against me, I grab your wrist with fingers that freeze. Oh, you raise 100 other hands against me - hands you didn't have before, but we're in a reality-warping place subject to my whims, because I teleported us HERE - and they all turn into snakes and fight each other. Why? Because this is the place to where I brought us, you peon.'

Does it make sense?

No. Not at all. But that's what it is.

The Prince Who Was A Toad is trippier than Temporal Fugue.
    I always thought of the Prince as a lost Amber Royal, or even better yet a Pattern Ghost from Corwin's laying down the second Pattern.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    I always thought of the Prince as a lost Amber Royal, or even better yet a Pattern Ghost from Corwin's laying down the second Pattern.
    There are similarities, indeed!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Incredible Member

Pretty much anything Batman does these days is just crazy.

Mighty Member

Sylar from Heroes was just an overall broken character. The broken feat that turned him into a broken character was turning his ability to understand how things work into an ability to duplicate the powers of other supers. Even so, he was probably the best character on Heroes (Horn Rimmed Glasses, Hiro, and Matt Parkman being the other options). Hiro pretty much willing himself to have control over time and space is another ridiculously broken feat.

Anos, the main character of Misfit of Demon King Academy is on D's level in terms of raw ridiculousness. But the one feat that always stood out is how he was able to brutalize a fairly high-ranked demon with nothing but the vibrations of his heartbeat.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

The crazy thing isn't this feat, or any of his others, but that he does what he does at this level despite not practicing/training since middle school (because he- and the other members of his middle school team- were so much better than everyone else that other teams would effectively stop trying, which made him stop trying so he wouldn't eclipse other people even more).
    This signature intentionally left blank.

And then Wesker was Neo.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

And then Wesker was Neo.
    Wesker clearly moved into the path of the bullets several times just so he could show Chris and Jill that he could dodge them. That's actually kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Wesker clearly moved into the path of the bullets several times just so he could show Chris and Jill that he could dodge them. That's actually kinda funny.
    Dude became a colossal show-off in 5.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Just found this and thought it was fun.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator