Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Broken character feat that are silly but you like anyway.

So what are you favorites.

Mighty Member

Everything Vampire Hunter D does.

BANNED

Karma Abyss talking to her son and raising her voice by a *bit,* and punches a hole in the moon with her flame breath.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Wakim and the Steel General duking it out in Creatures of Light and Darkness is one of the trippiest fights I've ever read, and possibly the best example of 'fighting back and forth in Time', with actual times worked out, people setting up defenses in the past and the future, time being rewritten due to alterations, Wakim and the General killing each other in dozens of different timelines that get eliminated due to alterations in the past, seemingly hundreds of each person fighting each other, time itself starting to break down, etc.

Amusingly, it's not even close to the craziest stuff in the book, but it's a pretty fun scene.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-30-2021 at 04:57 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

image_2021-08-30_210120.jpg
    image_2021-08-30_210421.jpg

When you materialize a construct larger than the observable universe on nothing but sheer willpower and belief.
    Last edited by Twickster; 08-30-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Bullseye killing someone by flicking a toothpick. Like it not only made it that far but apparently had enough force to penetrate the glass window.

It's pretty much that point it's utter bullshit because that is just not peak human ability as the narrative claims Bullseye to be. It's blatant hax even kinda too ridiculous as admittedly peak humans in comics were way above peak humans in real life.

...Yet, it's honestly too amusing for me to really dislike.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Wakim and the Steel General duking it out in Creatures of Light and Darkness is one of the trippiest fights I've ever read, and possibly the best example of 'fighting back and forth in Time', with actual times worked out, people setting up defenses in the past and the future, time being rewritten due to alterations, Wakim and the General killing each other in dozens of different timelines that get eliminated due to alterations in the past, seemingly hundreds of each person fighting each other, time itself starting to break down, etc.

Amusingly, it's not even close to the craziest stuff in the book, but it's a pretty fun scene.
    You forgot "planet they are standing on (Blis) is getting razed as collateral damage" as well. :-)

Temporal Fugue is soooooo hax.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You forgot "planet they are standing on (Blis) is getting razed as collateral damage" as well. :-)

Temporal Fugue is soooooo hax.
    Being fair, the planet getting murdered was at least in part due to Bronze and his 'doubling, doubling again, doubling again' thing. ^_^ Edit: which is, now that I think about it, pretty ridiculous on its own.

But yes, Temporal Fugue is kind of 'The Time Martial Art that other time martial arts want to be when they grow up'.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-02-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Everything Vampire Hunter D does.
    I'd have to echo this. That stuff gets so hilariously broken compared to the baseline of that universe that sometimes when D is put in a "how will he get out of this" situation you can practically feel the "Psych!" leap off the page and slap you in the face.

Sometimes human onlookers will only be able to perceive what appears to be a conversation between D and an opponent when they are actually throwing blades at each other with superfast exchances; fast enough that vampire stakes hurled through the air catch on fire from air friction. The dude dodges lightning elementals while partially submerged in a river and entangled by a water beast. He's ridiculous.

I'll add Tenchi Masaki's feat of starting to tear an entire multiverse apart when his powers raged out of control, to the point that the space outside of creation was shaking. Only because the series never even tried to have any serious villains after that point. It was all resolving politics and the harem. With my favorite part of the politics being the declaration that Tenchi's house and its surrounding land is its own sovereign nation in the eyes of the interstellar community while Earth is still an undeveloped civilization, all because they want to be able to create laws preventing any one interstellar government from being able to claim sole alliance with the most powerful house in the multiverse.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Anything in almost every single JoJo fight. The series has what I would argue is genuinely terrible writing, but I still love it because it's also so genuinely earnest with its random bullshit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Anything in almost every single JoJo fight. The series has what I would argue is genuinely terrible writing, but I still love it because it's also so genuinely earnest with its random bullshit.
    Absolutely. It's so nonsense it's borderline insulting. But watching the 5 seasons of it have been some of the best anime I have ever watched. I can barely wait for 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I'd have to echo this. That stuff gets so hilariously broken compared to the baseline of that universe that sometimes when D is put in a "how will he get out of this" situation you can practically feel the "Psych!" leap off the page and slap you in the face.

Sometimes human onlookers will only be able to perceive what appears to be a conversation between D and an opponent when they are actually throwing blades at each other with superfast exchances; fast enough that vampire stakes hurled through the air catch on fire from air friction. The dude dodges lightning elementals while partially submerged in a river and entangled by a water beast. He's ridiculous.
    I wish it had gotten an anime series showing that stuff off. JoJo and the various OP isekai animes have shown there is demand for that sort of thing.

Basically everything Old Ancestor does in DTG.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    JoJo is a series of stories where the plot "Paraplegic jockey with the power to fire off his fingernails teams up with an Italian executioner, a Secret Service Nun, and a man who can turn into a dinosaur to stop the President of the United States from gathering the pieces of Jesus" is just accepted without question.

Of course, the original story was "British Gentleman fights his adopted brother-turned-vampire by punching him with the power of the sun".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    JoJo is a series of stories where the plot "Paraplegic jockey with the power to fire off his fingernails teams up with an Italian executioner, a Secret Service Nun, and a man who can turn into a dinosaur to stop the President of the United States from gathering the pieces of Jesus" is just accepted without question.

Of course, the original story was "British Gentleman fights his adopted brother-turned-vampire by punching him with the power of the sun".
    Don't forget that the Paraplegic Jockey and the (vastly bulkier) British Gentleman are technically the same person after the British Gentleman's Adopted-Brother-Turned-Vampire (who was an alternate version of The Man Who Can Turn Into A Dinosaur) had his Priest Boyfriend Who Steals Powers From Other People's Souls reset the universe in a mostly failed attempt to make it so that the British Gentleman's family never existed.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-09-2021 at 11:03 PM.