Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Oooh, if we're going this route, basically the dead Z-Fighters vs. the Ginyu Force is filler non-sense but really one of the few times that they get to shine (especially as a team), so I'll take it.
    To add onto this, in anime filler land, Yamcha is pretty beastly

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    To add onto this, in anime filler land, Yamcha is pretty beastly

And just for context, these guys that Yamcha defeated are supposed to be in the same league as Pikkon, who curbstomped Super Perfect Cell like he owned him money.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be Slade VS. JLA from Identity Crisis (2004):

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-31-2021 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Here's a relatively low end example. In her own (too shortlived) solo comic Mary Jane Watson manages to hold off six of Spider-man's enemies from crashing and ruining the final shoot of a movie she's in. There's some cleverness displayed on her part, and she uses a few robots. But it also includes her doing stuff like walking off the Vulture dropping her into some crates and messing up Rhino's charge by sticking out her leg and tripping him with it.

I love Mary Jane but that's a lot of complete nonsense. But I still kinda love seeing her do it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully, this counts. But, my choice would be Slade VS. JLA from Identity Crisis (2004):

I think that I'm legally obliged to post the end of that fight whenever it's brought up...

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Here's a relatively low end example. In her own (too shortlived) solo comic Mary Jane Watson manages to hold off six of Spider-man's enemies from crashing and ruining the final shoot of a movie she's in. There's some cleverness displayed on her part, and she uses a few robots. But it also includes her doing stuff like walking off the Vulture dropping her into some crates and messing up Rhino's charge by sticking out her leg and tripping him with it.

I love Mary Jane but that's a lot of complete nonsense. But I still kinda love seeing her do it.
    In the same vein as that, back in the 80's, Doc Samson separates Banner from Hulk. This goes about as well as one would expect, and Hulk rampages. The rampaging Hulk, shortly after laying waste to Iron Man, Wonder Man, Hercules and Namor at the same time, faces off with a small old Japanese woman scientist - who has just called Hulk out by yelling at him. Hulk charges her. She akidos Hulk to the ground by, er, tripping the thousand pound charging monster. The woman was nobody in particular, she never appeared before or after, she was basically written in there to give the Avengers time to attack in mass and KO Hulk.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I think that I'm legally obliged to post the end of that fight whenever it's brought up...

Man, I just love when they imply that a Flash and a Lantern and a... Arrow have the same effect on a person. So realistic.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

"The League teaches you how to fight... like a a group of girls from a harem anime comically vying for the attention of the male protagonist."

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...This will never not be stupidly awesome and ridiculous.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    To be fair, he’s not alone. I seem to remember Ultimate Hawkeye pulling his own fingernails off and killing some guys by flicking them.

Or did I dream that?
    As I recall he basically flicked his finger nails into the open mouths of a bunch of dudes and caused them to choke. Which is a ludicrous aim feat but doesn't involve Bullseye level propulsion nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    As I recall he basically flicked his finger nails into the open mouths of a bunch of dudes and caused them to choke. Which is a ludicrous aim feat but doesn't involve Bullseye level propulsion nonsense.
    This image looks like the guy is grabbing his throat like it’s been shot, and the threat of the next one being between the scientist guy’s eyes kind of implies he’s using them like bullets.

A577F4B2-BEB2-4855-910E-ED750AE0B979.jpg

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This image looks like the guy is grabbing his throat like it’s been shot, and the threat of the next one being between the scientist guy’s eyes kind of implies he’s using them like bullets.

A577F4B2-BEB2-4855-910E-ED750AE0B979.jpg
    To me it looks like he's grabbing his throat like he's choking. Nor is there any blood, and that comic was plenty violent. Generally if someone gets shot in the throat I expect them to collapse bleeding, not stand there trying to dislodge it. And the threat to the cowardly scientist could have been a bluff.

But mileage may vary. It is a ludicrous fest either way, I just don't see it as being up there with Bullseye's best.

Oh, I agree with that. It’s not Bullseye’s Greatest Hits material.

But it’s probably Bullseye ‘Difficult Second Album Track #6’ territory.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    In the same vein as that, back in the 80's, Doc Samson separates Banner from Hulk. This goes about as well as one would expect, and Hulk rampages. The rampaging Hulk, shortly after laying waste to Iron Man, Wonder Man, Hercules and Namor at the same time, faces off with a small old Japanese woman scientist - who has just called Hulk out by yelling at him. Hulk charges her. She akidos Hulk to the ground by, er, tripping the thousand pound charging monster. The woman was nobody in particular, she never appeared before or after, she was basically written in there to give the Avengers time to attack in mass and KO Hulk.
    I just had to look this up.

Wow you weren't kidding, boy got tossed, lmao

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That’s amazing.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM