Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    His power is also obviously very useful in combat - he's got combat teleportation down to a ridiculously precise science combined with insane skill levels and god stats and uses them all to great effect in the one fight he enters into in the book.
    Just to comment on this - need to throw in the fact that The Prince uses his teleportation in combat not just to move around but to bring people to places where the natural laws of such a place - again 'postulate infinity and everything is possible' - are such that effectively magic **** happens to support whatever he wants.

Basically, it functions as 'reality warping via teleportation and a universe where anything is possible'.

Like, 'Oh, you raise your hand against me and I grab your wrist with fingers that burn. You raise another hand against me, I grab your wrist with fingers that freeze. Oh, you raise 100 other hands against me - hands you didn't have before, but we're in a reality-warping place subject to my whims, because I teleported us HERE - and they all turn into snakes and fight each other. Why? Because this is the place to where I brought us, you peon.'

Does it make sense?

No. Not at all. But that's what it is.

The Prince Who Was A Toad is trippier than Temporal Fugue.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-02-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Groove Adventure Rave is his best in my opinion. It's also a tight read (for a manga series) at only like 295 chapters.
    Oh, is THAT all? O_O

*scribbles notes*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, is THAT all? O_O

*scribbles notes*
    That was EXACTLY my thought. :-)
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

That was EXACTLY my thought. :-)
    Nik likes his looooong manga series.
    Why are we here?

Just to comment on this - need to throw in the fact that The Prince uses his teleportation in combat, not just to move around but to bring people to places where the natural laws of such a place - again 'postulate infinity and everything is possible' - are such that effectively magic **** happens to support whatever he wants.

Basically, it functions as 'reality warping via teleportation and a universe where anything is possible'.

Like, 'Oh, you raise your hand against me and I grab your wrist with fingers that burn. You raise another hand against me, I grab your wrist with fingers that freeze. Oh, you raise 100 other hands against me - hands you didn't have before, but we're in a reality-warping place subject to my whims, because I teleported us HERE - and they all turn into snakes and fight each other. Why? Because this is the place to where I brought us, you peon.'

Does it make sense?

No. Not at all. But that's what it is.

The Prince Who Was A Toad is trippier than Temporal Fugue.
    Yeah, it's most definitely "because me everything is going to go my way in combat."

And even with that he got deposed* AND couldn't face the Nameless at all. Couldn't kill it, either, when he had it captured and immobilized for thousands of years.

* Anubis and Osiris are relatively extreme on the douche-o-meter. Literally no tear was shed when they each bit it.**

** Well, probably untrue: several of the characters likely would have preferred to be the one sliding the knife into Anubis' throat.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I kind of understand: I hate getting to the end of a series. You engage over a period of time and then... nope, there isn't any left.

OTOH, looking at 1000 issues of a manga waiting to be read can be a wee bit daunting.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

haha

Comparatively Fairy Tail is like 545 chapters in its original run and is now at like 89 chapters in the 100 Year War sequel series.

Edens Zero is at 157 and counting and doesn't feel like it's even at it's halfway point yet.

For comparison Naruto was like 700 chapters and all that. Groove Adventure Rave is a pretty tight and focused.

Yeah, it's most definitely "because me everything is going to go my way in combat."

And even with that he got deposed* AND couldn't face the Nameless at all. Couldn't kill it, either, when he had it captured and immobilized for thousands of years.
    Truth. Granted, he got deposed because he was busy doing awful things to the Nameless and basically said 'Hm, they've taken my place while I'm busy trying to kill the Nameless....yeah, whatever, this is more important.'

Not because Anubis and Osiris actually beat him or anything.

* Anubis and Osiris are relatively extreme on the douche-o-meter. Literally no tear was shed when they each bit it.**

** Well, probably untrue: several of the characters likely would have preferred to be the one sliding the knife into Anubis' throat.
    I 100% concur with your thoughts on this matter. Rarely have two less-respectable villains existed in fiction.

I kind of understand: I hate getting to the end of a series. You engage over a period of time and then... nope, there isn't any left.

OTOH, looking at 1000 issues of a manga waiting to be read can be a wee bit daunting.
    I'm of similar mind, but for me, seeing 500 chapters is pretty daunting. ^_^

haha

Comparatively Fairy Tail is like 545 chapters in its original run and is now at like 89 chapters in the 100 Year War sequel series.
    Speak of the devil. O_o

Edens Zero is at 157 and counting and doesn't feel like it's even at it's halfway point yet.

For comparison Naruto was like 700 chapters and all that. Groove Adventure Rave is a pretty tight and focused.
    Yeesh. I mean, I like stuff like Hoshi no Samidare (66 chapters). All-Rounder Megura (175). Angel Densetsu (my favourite, still, and the absolute longest at over 250).

Teppu.

Okay, Teppu could have used more. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Speak of the devil. O_o

Yeesh. I mean, I like stuff like Hoshi no Samidare (66 chapters). All-Rounder Megura (175). Angel Densetsu (my favourite, still, and the absolute longest at over 250).

Teppu.

Okay, Teppu could have used more. ^_^
    Put me in for another fifty to a hundred chapters of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (205 Chapters). It's a great series that is blend of Inu Yasha (559 Chapters) and the first two arcs of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (157 Chapters) with a touch of Bleach (686 Chapters), but the ending felt extremely rushed and the main villain, Naraku Brando, could have used a few arcs to flesh him out.

Oh, and I would like to see Ranma 1/2 (407 Chapters) get an actual ending, but I have no idea how they would do resolve Ranma's romantic issues without it ending up with Japan sinking into the ocean.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-03-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Always found it hilarious how Regenerators in Heroes could bounce back from Nuclear Explosions but could be dropped by wood to the head.

On the subject of nukes, Kamen Riders 1 and 2 coming back later in V3 after being nuked in the second episode without any real explanation.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Oh, from Seven Deadly Sins: Escanor managing to get his sunlight-based powers to work at night for a very short period by concentrating on his memories of Merlin, because she is his sun. It's so dumb, but it's also so Escanor and Escanor is awesome.

Extraordinary Member

I will come out and say it. I like Spider-man vs. Firelord.

I know it makes no sense given the general presentation of their respective power levels, and I do respect the board rule and the reason for naming it after this particular fight.

But I do think that the comic it's in is an entertaining and well paced action story, with a classic "Spidey vs. an opponent he shouldn't have any chance against" setup and I've always been a fan of scenes where Spider-man just goes all out and pummeling an opponent while keeping away from them with his speed, agility and spider-sense. Yes, there are better ways that the story could've ended without changing anything prior to the final confrontation, but damnit it was cool to see Spider-man defeat one of Galactus' heralds.
    yes she then lost for literally no reason but let's not dwell on that
    Nik would then continue to dwell on it forever, as he had been doing since the chapters first came out many years ago

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Nik would then continue to dwell on it forever, as he had been doing since the chapters first came out many years ago
    My bitterness knows no bounds!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I just had to look this up.

Wow you weren't kidding, boy got tossed, lmao
    This....may have just become one of my favorite comic book moments of all time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

this is a broken feat but it's not really silly: Shigaraki nuking Deika city

and subsequently gaining control of the Meta Liberation Army.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."