Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ewing and Wells would be perfect for me.

I'm hoping for something with a rotating crew and cast, similar to how the Manifest Destiny or Nation X mini-series gave us a number of self-contained stories.

Fantastic Member

should get confirmantion maybe even with tommorow's huge marvel comics press event but cassara is the lead artist on this weekly series starting in either last week of dec or january................figure its percy, ewing, and duggan and probably id say vita after leah went nuclear and tini jumped ship to substack

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Never gonna happen but Grant Morrison........even if it is only for a mini series.
    Thank goodness it’ll never happen. He made his mark on the franchise. It made a big permanent mark that’s still felt to this day. It gave the brand an infusion of NEW that it needed, much like the Krakoa era. But I don’t want to see him writing new X-Men material unless he does an X-Men Legacy issue or two that takes place during his era.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I would say Al Ewing. But he does not seem enough interested in the X-Men. S.W.O.R.D. I loved the first issues of Sword but it feels like it wants to be something else than X-Men.
    Why do you think that? He has showed respect to the history an personality of characters like Peepers, Frenzy, Wiz Kid. Way better than other X-Office writers. He is featuring the S.W.O.R.D team on GOTG and am sure he will do the same with Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Thank goodness it’ll never happen. He made his mark on the franchise. It made a big permanent mark that’s still felt to this day. It gave the brand an infusion of NEW that it needed, much like the Krakoa era. But I don’t want to see him writing new X-Men material unless he does an X-Men Legacy issue or two that takes place during his era.
    I think it would be ok if they had a standalone idea for one really killer new arc. I doubt they'd come back for another big run, thought. Their run is too iconic to taint with the possibility of a lesser follow-up.
    Imagine if Claremont never returned to the X-men. He'd be remembered even more fondly than he already is.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Rotate Ewing, Duggan, Spurrier, and Wells.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Rotate Ewing, Duggan, Spurrier, and Wells.
    Definitely this.
    With art by Pepe Larraz, Russell Dauterman, Valerio Schiti, and Joshua Cassara.

Why? They're easily the best writers and artists on the X-books right now... and it's a SIN that Dauterman isn't drawing a regular title! Focus on them so I can throw money at Marvel.
    Last edited by nx01a; 08-30-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Definitely this.
    With art by Pepe Larraz, Russell Dauterman, Valerio Schiti, and Joshua Cassara.

Why? They're easily the best writers and artists on the X-books right now... and it's a SIN that Dauterman isn't drawing a regular title! Focus on them so I can throw money at Marvel.
    Also include R.B. Silva please
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Al Ewing as Head of X
    Zeb wells
    Vita Ayala
    Leah Williams
    Ben Percy
    Duggan
    in no particular order.
    The rest is whatever they put out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Al Ewing is the only one I trust to weave enough plot threads together into a coherent story and still jam enough solid action and character beats into each issue.

Anyone else involved in writing should just be relegated to handing Al a basic plot a la old school Marvel method, but they won't be getting anything back to script over.

Fantastic Member

keep Ewing and Wells.

move Percy to a different title.

bring back Defilippis and Weir for a New X-Men Academy book. Krakoa can have a school.

Silva, Larraz, Schitti on art for the main books.

oooh can we get another book written by Carey and drawn by Bachalo again?

banish Howard and Duggan to the shadow realm. they shouldn't have 1 book let alone two.

BANNED

I think a balance of Ewing's and Percy's sensibilities would do me right. They'd do an epic story with the right amount of scope, character, and visceral/astronomical audacity. Team them with RB and Josh Cassara. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    keep Ewing and Wells.

move Percy to a different title.

bring back Defilippis and Weir for a New X-Men Academy book. Krakoa can have a school.

Silva, Larraz, Schitti on art for the main books.

oooh can we get another book written by Carey and drawn by Bachalo again?

banish Howard and Duggan to the shadow realm. they shouldn't have 1 book let alone two.
    Ayo not the shadow realm

I’ve given up on group outing for the New X-Men and just pray that they end up on team rosters now.

i like the current team of writers.

Xcept the Excalibur one. I dont know who is more hurted. Betsy or the entire excalibur team