Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
I do still think there's some folks taking that book the wrong way too. I've seen a few posters who seem more concerned with how it fits into the canon than with whether it's worth reading in the first place, and to me that just seems like the wrong way to look at it. We know that the book, if it's canon, is taking place in the near future. How it fits into the timeline is a question we won't be able to answer until we reach the point (roughly) where the story actually takes place. So until then, why are we worrying so much about the continuity and not just enjoying the ride?
This is where I'm at with that book. I don't really care how it fits into continuity for the time being. I'm sure they'll figure something out, but I don't need those answers right now, particularly if the end of the story could potentially be ruined by that explanation.

I mean, I'd rather read a fun Superman 4 issue story written by Grant Morrison with some wonky continuity than all the bland flavorless Superman stories written by Dan Jurgens that slotted in perfectly with the established history and/or meticulously tried to tidy up continuity.