Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

reading this it seems Hickman has had enough with mutant related stories as if he had a negative experience while in his current role. I wonder what that is all about?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thought this was a super interesting take on how he wanted to launch the X-line:

“A big thing that I really regret not getting to try was how we wanted to execute the launch of the entire X-Line. My initial idea was to use the X-Men title as a springboard for the other books. So, X-Men #1 would have been about the Hellfire Trading Company and then we would have launched Marauders two weeks later. Then two weeks after Marauders #1, and because of the complications introduced in that story, X-Men #2 would have been about the need for a mutant CIA, and then we would have launched X-Force #1 two weeks after that…”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    reading this it seems Hickman has had enough with mutant related stories as if he had a negative experience while in his current role. I wonder what that is all about?
    Honestly, I didn't get that at all. At least not towards mutants and their stories. He seemed fairly excited to talk about that aspect still. It does seem he is a bit fed up with some fan reactions (Hence his line about giving credit to the right people).

It was interesting to read about the original plan for X-Men at launch. I sorta wonder if that would've been the better way to go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Honestly, I didn't get that at all. At least not towards mutants and their stories. He seemed fairly excited to talk about that aspect still. It does seem he is a bit fed up with some fan reactions (Hence his line about giving credit to the right people).

It was interesting to read about the original plan for X-Men at launch. I sorta wonder if that would've been the better way to go.
    I can understand why Marvel wouldn't go for it strictly from a business aspect. Conceptually however I would have liked to see it all play out like this.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post

"It’s probably too early to talk about my next thing. Especially in any way that would answer your question in a satisfying manner, but it’s definitely not X-related. In fact, unless I come back into the office to do something later on, I’ll intentionally steer clear of doing ‘mutant stuff.’"

For him to be "intentionally" avoiding involving himself with mutant stories seems that he didn't quite have a great experience as an Xmen writer.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    "It’s probably too early to talk about my next thing. Especially in any way that would answer your question in a satisfying manner, but it’s definitely not X-related. In fact, unless I come back into the office to do something later on, I’ll intentionally steer clear of doing ‘mutant stuff.’"

For him to be "intentionally" avoiding involving himself with mutant stories seems that he didn't quite have a great experience as an Xmen writer.
    You might want to read his next sentence as well.

"At best it would feel like commentary, and at worst something like that would probably read as me ‘writing over’ everyone. And that, obviously, doesn’t interest me at all."

Yeah, he quantified it.

Very curious to see what he has in store for Emma during this event. Also the way he wanted to launch the xline seems great in idea but i do wonder if it would’ve been successful in practice tbh
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I absolutely love how opposed he is to solicitations, previews, etc etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Very curious to see what he has in store for Emma during this event. Also the way he wanted to launch the xline seems great in idea but i do wonder if it would’ve been successful in practice tbh
    I think it would have been successful especially coming off of the HoX/PoX hype but I can definitely see Marvel pulling their hair out over the idea of money being left on the table. And in hindsight considering there was a whole pandemic a year later that halted comic book production I'm kind of happy things played out the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I absolutely love how opposed he is to solicitations, previews, etc etc.
    I would actually despise them too if i were a creator, the practically spoil so much of stories but like at the same time as someone who isnt a creator im so glad we have them because they help me decide what books to get
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

i'm still annoyed Hickman's gone. I really wish the writers who didn't want to move along with Hickman's plans were replaced with writers who'd follow what the showrunner wanted to do. Hickman's the draw, not Tini Howard or Leah Williams or any of them.

More Destiny vs Moira X or a flashback to 'Burn her. Slowly.'?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

preview images from Inferno #1

Be kind, it's FREE

Be kind, it's FREE