Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocketeer II

Default Rocketeer II

Looks like this is a go. Like Willow, Rocketeer was an ambitious flop, but Disney+ is giving it a second chance.

https://www.cbr.com/disneys-rocketee...david-oyelowo/

I think it'd be actually cool for most of the original cast to return as supporting characters or cameos, if possible. Would be interesting to see Terry O Quinn as the later years of Howard Hughes (Who invented the jetpack in the original movie)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I still want to see Cliff Secord as the Rocketeer but a Tuskegee airman as the Rocketeer sounds pretty cool.

If they manage to capture the feel and tone and just plain magic of the first one (unlikely, can never capture lightning in a bottle twice) this should be highly entertaining. I absolutely loved the original.

This makes me sooo happy. I loved the Rocketeer. One of my favorite movies even to this day
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If they manage to capture the feel and tone and just plain magic of the first one (unlikely, can never capture lightning in a bottle twice) this should be highly entertaining. I absolutely loved the original.
    Same here .

The story sounds interesting .
    It's not Steven's Rocketeer, but could work. Needs great flying-action scenes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still want to see Cliff Secord as the Rocketeer but a Tuskegee airman as the Rocketeer sounds pretty cool.
    Agreed. I'd like a guest star from the original cast, but having a Tuskegee airman in the role adds a sense of respect and dignity to the character.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

David did play an Airman in "Red Tails". Although not a historical one.

Wait...if the hero is a former Tuskegee airman, then this is post-war? So we're not getting Nazis as the villains? Not sure who can replace them.

I mean, the KKK for example was as evil, but dumb rednecks, which is who the KKK were/are, isn't exactly great movie foes - I don't even like Deliverance. Maybe the Soviets?
    Last edited by Vakanai; 08-30-2021 at 07:12 PM.

My god, a Tuskegee airmen flying to THIS score would make me bawl with all the feels:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    My god, a Tuskegee airmen flying to THIS score would make me bawl with all the feels:

Must be cause I'm white, but while this score and Rockteer would get an emotional response from me easy, it being a Tuskegee airman doesn't resonate or bring anything else for me that any other pilot would. But again, white. Considering how few poc heroes there's been in media, I imagine it has to have resonance for others that it just never will for me, and that's a pretty great thing. Hopefully in a few decades we'll get to the point were it's become so common place it no longer feels like such a needed win, but sadly we're not there yet. Hopefully this movie helps push us along to that time though.

Wait ... Rocketeer was a flop!?

I rented that sucker so much, we broke the tape and the VRC just gave me a new copy to keep!

I still have all the old-school red & blue 3d comics (sans covers!) when those came out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think a lot of James Horner's music was played in several movie trailers. He did have a tendency to reuse many of his own themes at times as well (His ALIENS score used a lot of slightly altered music from his Star Trek stuff, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wait ... Rocketeer was a flop!?

I rented that sucker so much, we broke the tape and the VRC just gave me a new copy to keep!

I still have all the old-school red & blue 3d comics (sans covers!) when those came out.
    It did make a minor profit by about 10 million, but not enough to really be considered a hit back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    David did play an Airman in "Red Tails". Although not a historical one.
    Red Tails/Rocketeer multiverse confirmed!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium