Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: DC Fandome 2021

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Fair enough and to each their own - I really dig this style. Also really dig the style MAWS is going to have too. Just so bright and slick, I love it.
    MAWS looks incredible and it's my most anticipated DC project coming down the pipeline.

I'd be more excited about Batman: The Caped Crusader, but Timm has really soured my opinion of his work of late with his more recent works. Take me back five years ago, I probably would be fine with this since it was focusing squarely on Batman, but now I dunno. I'm tentatively excited there, but I'd be much more interested in a Wonder Woman Animated Series.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    oh man Colin Ferell is just unrecognizable. Makeup and acting wise, bravo.
    Did not recognize him until I saw reactions vids of him being mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

His accent reminds me a lot of Danny Devito's Penguin.
    The animation, eh kinda mixed on it. But the voice casting, I like.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    MAWS looks incredible and it's my most anticipated DC project coming down the pipeline.

I'd be more excited about Batman: The Caped Crusader, but Timm has really soured my opinion of his work of late with his more recent works. Take me back five years ago, I probably would be fine with this since it was focusing squarely on Batman, but now I dunno. I'm tentatively excited there, but I'd be much more interested in a Wonder Woman Animated Series.
    I don't know - it's kind of hard for me to get excited over a show or a movie until I've seen some kind of visual from it, and even now all we've really got still I think is that same poster when the show was announced. Think all the stuff they showed during the interview was just old stuff from BTAS and the Strange Days short.

Timm talking about making TCC “without restrictions” fills me with equal parts terror and interest. What crack ship will he unleash this time? Thankfully no other heroes exist so at least he won’t be touching Supes
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Timm talking about making TCC “without restrictions” fills me with equal parts terror and interest. What crack ship will he unleash this time? Thankfully no other heroes exist so at least he won’t be touching Supes
    What, you're not looking forward to the calendar in the Batcave where Bruce is counting down until Barbara is of legal age?

There's a lot of people involved here and I hope they reign in Timm's worse tendencies. In the right team, Bruce Timm did create the best animated incarnation of Batman other than The Brave and the Bold, which was James Tucker's baby, and he's present.

The Caped Crusader could be really special, but I'm just wary of it. That said, we're of the minority opinion. I get weird looks at my LCS whenever I say I don't like the DCAU Wonder Woman. To a lot of people, the DCAU is the bible.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Spectacular Member

What are the problems with DCAU Wonder Woman exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm not into the look (I like anime, just not this particular style), and I'm worried that Cheetah is going to come across kind of poorly, but yeah she's a good fit for Selina. I'll watch it when it's on HBO Max.
    I think it's cool that Cheetah is the main villain, and Greg Weisman is writing it so I don't expect her to come off badly, even if it's weird that it's in a Catwoman animated film of all things.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    An artist getting exactly what he wants is not always a good idea. Sounds like it's going to be a whole series of what he did with the Batman: Strange Days short.
    Hopefully Tucker and Reeves can be equivalent to Dini or Burnett as far as helping shepherd the show. It definitely seems like Tucker has a creative hand in things.
    Wonder if it's going to be the same Greek Gods from the WW movie or are they just going to do their own thing. If the Greek Goddesses are somehow brought back will it play into WW3?
    I wonder if they'll mention Diana at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The animation, eh kinda mixed on it. But the voice casting, I like.
    I'm hoping the editing in the trailer made it come off choppier than it is. I also hope the lip sync isn't bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It's still supposedly going to air on CN so I have to think there are some restrictions.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

my adventures with superman and caped crusader not coming out till 2023 bumms me out, this wait is gonna be painful.

His accent reminds me a lot of Danny Devito's Penguin.
    The artstyle is off in places but the VA is great, excited for this.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

DC Kids Fandome News:

- Batman: The Caped Crusader cartoon coming 2023.
    That’s for kids? They way Timm seemed to talk about it made it seem like this show will be more violent and adult compared to BTAS.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    That’s for kids? They way Timm seemed to talk about it made it seem like this show will be more violent and adult compared to BTAS.
    Don’t think it will be Y-7. Maybe they’ll have a censored version for CN?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Overall it was pretty good but the last one seemed like the year of big announcements and this one seemed like the year of updates. I’m sure covid played a hand in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Overall it was pretty good but the last one seemed like the year of big announcements and this one seemed like the year of updates. I’m sure covid played a hand in that.
    It literally delayed every project... so yah it was a factor

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    What are the problems with DCAU Wonder Woman exactly?
    It's easier to say what problems that depiction doesn't have: the voice acting, Steve Trevor and Circe. Everything else is either bad or unremarkable.