Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I'm one of only Six People Who has enjoyed Percy's time on X-Force And Wolverine. I'm excited for where this goes.
    For what it's worth, I've been quite enjoying X-Force, though I'm behind on it (and most of my comics) due to other distractions. (I haven't read his "Wolverine," but I'm not especially an X-fan and just jumped into this iteration because I'm a Hickman fan.) I wasn't aware that it's widely disliked and can't see why, but I don't pay much attention anymore to fan chatter. The demo that talks a lot online about their opinions and the more general audience are not necessarily the same thing, though they're often mistaken for such.
    Last edited by Yohei72; 08-31-2021 at 12:32 PM.

I hope that Reckoning does so well that they offer Dan ten more years on FF.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope that Reckoning does so well that they offer Dan ten more years on FF.
    May I ask why?

How the f*ck is Jason Aaron failing his way to success? His is living proof that literally anyone can succeed in the comic book industry. And now he's going to taint the a great story by stealing it's title for his bullshit. I fear for the fans of any character this jackass gets his hooks into. It's a shame, the concept is a good one (albeit a used one), but I know the execution will be terrible. Jason Aaron loves his plagiarism (Desak, the Gatherers, now the Exiles).
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    How the f*ck is Jason Aaron failing his way to success? His is living proof that literally anyone can succeed in the comic book industry.
    Case in point re. my last comment above.

Devils Reign sounds epic and I really can’t wait for it. Also looking forward to what they do with Moon Girls new comic, and thank god She-Hulk is going back to normal.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    For what it's worth, I've been quite enjoying X-Force, though I'm behind on it (and most of my comics) due to other distractions. (I haven't read his "Wolverine," but I'm not especially an X-fan and just jumped into this iteration because I'm a Hickman fan.) I wasn't aware that it's widely disliked and can't see why, but I don't pay much attention anymore to fan chatter. The demo that talks a lot online about their opinions and the more general audience are not necessarily the same thing, though they're often mistaken for such.
    I'm kind of the same way. I'm haven't read a ton of X-Men stuff, but I love Hickman so I gave HoX a shot and loved it. I've been reading like 5-6 of the titles since including X-Force and Wolverine and I'm enjoying both. I lurk the X-men board here enough to know a lot of people don't like either book.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is all I've seen so far...... Marvel Comics’ Avengers Forever pulls together archeologist Tony Stark, AKA the Invincible Ant-Man, and Avengers from across the multiverse to bring order to timelines where ‘hope’ is a four letter word. Jason Aaron and Aaron Kuder present an all-new series that will redefine the Avengers as…the Multiverse’s Mightiest Heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tony Stark as Ant-Man.
    Thanks.

So Stark is Ant-Man, Pym becomes the Hulk, Bruce becomes Iron Man, Janet becomes Thor and Odinson becomes the God of Wasps ... or something like that? Stranger things have happened, I guess.

All jokes aside, it's not an entirely terrible idea, as long as these alternate reality Avengers aren't limited to characters that were created before 1980. I mean, Kamala Khan as Sentry, Monica Rambeau as the Scarlet Witch and Adam Brashear as The Forgotten One could be interesting twists.

Fantastic Member

So is Timeless kind of like Point One and Marvel Now? I was thinking this was a series, but could it just be a one shot? I didn't read the description close enough originally, but re-reading now it seems like they are using Kang to foreshadow upcoming storylines, kind of like they did the Watcher in Point One and I think Loki was the main focus in Marvel Now?

Extraordinary Member

What's with Cebulski and using the titles of old stories for no reason? "Trial of Magneto" isn't about the trial of Magneto, "Avengers Forever" has nothing to do with "Avengers Forever," etc. I suppose he has some research showing that it helps sales, but I don't see how.

Moon Girl and She-Hulk are the only things worth something.

I have some hope for Devil's Reign but yeesh, Avengers Forever and F4 Reckoning War, also 2 Wolverine books, why?

Shocked we aren't getting a new Cap book or Wanda/Strange, I assume that's in the cards but first, their death event bullcrap.

I hate the Cebulski era just catering to the old audience.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I used to think I was part of the "old audience" but there's absolutely nothing here that I will buy. Marvel once again doing everything in their power to ensure that I never have to reach for my wallet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Moon Girl and She-Hulk are the only things worth something.

I have some hope for Devil's Reign but yeesh, Avengers Forever and F4 Reckoning War, also 2 Wolverine books, why?

Shocked we aren't getting a new Cap book or Wanda/Strange, I assume that's in the cards but first, their death event bullcrap.

Think of the 2 Wolverine books as House of X / Powers of X. They'll run weekly similar to those books, though we haven't heard if all of the other X-books will be put on hold. I don't think they will. Too much money to leave on the table.

I think its funny that you said CB is catering to the old audience. There was a thread on another board where someone was complaining that these announcements were for the MCU audience / non-comic reader crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    Think of the 2 Wolverine books as House of X / Powers of X. They'll run weekly similar to those books, though we haven't heard if all of the other X-books will be put on hold. I don't think they will. Too much money to leave on the table.

I think its funny that you said CB is catering to the old audience. There was a thread on another board where someone was complaining that these announcements were for the MCU audience / non-comic reader crowd.
    Moon Girl for old audiences? She-hulk is a bit of a oldie for comics fans but she id getting a disney+ tv show and he is going to be popular

Yeah, Cebulski is definitely catering to the MCU crowd.
    I could see why editors would think Aaron's dumb Avengers would be appealing to those unfamiliar with the team's better runs or characterizations. ("Look! They have a female Hulk kissing Thor!! And Black Panther is cosplaying as that bird from the X-men movies!")
    ... Which is hilarious when you consider that most comments on Marvel's Instagrams are from people who thought these announcements were for movies or shows and were disappointed to find out they were "only" comics.
    Casual MCU fans don't give a crap about comics and Marvel's inability to grow their audience even when their characters are universally known only proves it.