Summary:

Picking up right where the last issue left off, Yara runs off into the jungle in need of a breather. Joao follows her and the two share a passionate kiss.

Eros, meanwhile is getting attacked by a giant fire snake. Yara, not knowing who Eros is, decides to help him and runs deeper into the jungle. She is surrounded by all manner of creatures and one of them chooses to confront her, The Cuca (an alligator witch).

Yara attempts to leave the jungle, but Eros confronts Yara and stabs her with one of his love arrows. Yara falls in love with him and Eros tells her there is someone she needs to meet. Joao tells Yara to stay, but The Cuca says Yara's destiny is in the soil and she must remain to protect it. Yara leaves with Eros, but promises Joao she will come back.

Eros brings Yara to Olympus, and she is introduced to her new benefactress, the Greek Goddess Hera. (Also Yara is confirmed to be 21 years old, incase anyone wanted to know her exact age.)

-

Meanwhile, Cassie and Artemis are confronted by the two amazon's that attacked Yara on the plane. Yara and Artemis precede to take them out and come to a temporary truce, since they both needs to find Yara.

Tracking Yara's footsteps to the Iguazu Falls, the two are attacked by a mysterious woman welding a staff. After coming to blows, Artemis demands that she identify herself.

Review:

This issue went by very quickly, and was rather decompressed. I found Yara having no clue how to use the bolas to be rather funny and all of the creatures in this issue looked really cool. Also Eros totally cheated when he said "I never miss" and then walked up and stabbed Yara with the arrow.

But, I'm not super interested in Yara's "love at first sight" relationship with Joao. It's just kind-of there... I do like how Yara always seems determined to help people, even to the point that it sort-of backfired with Eros.

I found the banter between Cassie and Artemis to be very enjoyable. Artemis already admitting that the two are gonna fight again once they find Yara, but Cassie doesn't really seem to care.