Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default X Lives and X Deaths of Wolverine

From Bleeding Cool:

Wolverine has been through the wringer over the course of his life, but the writer of his current ongoing series Ben Percy is planning on amping up the stakes in two interlocking limited series titled X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine.

Similiar format-wise to the twin House of X and Powers of X, these two series will, according to Marvel, will show "what happens to Wolverine when… His Pasts Meets His Future."

That's their capitalization, but could be referring to all the various alt-reality versions of Wolverine operating across the Marvel Multiverse including the aged Days of Future Past Logan.

Percy will be joined on this by his X-Force partner Joshua Cassara, along with Federico Vicentini.

X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine are both scheduled to debut in January 2022.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

"His Pasts Meets His Future."

The return of Weapon X period, his time with Alpha Flight, his horseman Death period, and/or Old Man Logan?

Let the speculation begin!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Crisis on Infinite Wolverines. Into the Logan-Verse.

Can't spell X-Men without Wolverine .

Need some preview art. I’m pretty hyped for this.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So are these X's actual X's or 10's?

Amazing Member

Is this the weekly series that's after Inferno and that's supposed to relaunch all the X-titles? Sound pretty underwhelming in terms of being the prelude to the relaunch.

I'm fine with going over every life Logan has had during Moira's 10 cycles, and Percy is way better writing Wolverine than X-Force so we might get some good stuff, but as an overarching stuff? Sounds pretty meh.

I haven't been reading Wolverine regularly but the few times I purchased for tie-in's (XoS, HG) I liked the issues better than Percy's recent X-Force stuff.

Maybe Moira dies in Inferno but there's a glitch with her reset button and time/space gets all screwy, and Wolverine has to fix it. I'm interested in learning more.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This was something I posted in the ‘Upcoming X-Books Art Teases’ thread that I am reposting here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could be quite uninteresting if it was just another round of Logan colliding with yet another unrevealed part of his Weapon X history. But reading the official synopsis, I think this might be closely related to Inferno.

The Marvel website’s synopsis for 10 Lives of Wolverine / 10 Deaths of Wolverine:
    House of X and Powers of X ushered in the First Krakoan Age of the X-Men. Now, Marvel Comics’ X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine will test ‘the best there is at what he does’ before any mutant can survive to the Second Krakoan Age. Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, and Federico Vicentini tell two interlocked tales about what happens to Wolverine when…His Pasts Meet His Future.
    Notice that it says pasts (plural) and that this will come between the First and Second Krakoan Ages.

Just my speculation here, but I think that these two mini-series are a reinvention of the Moira X ongoing book that was supposed to come out some time ago but ran into production trouble. I think it got handed to Percy and reworked into an event with a heavy Wolverine focus in order to help out in the sales department.

Rich Johnston of Bleeding Cool had a similar idea:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...erine-in-2022/

We know Logan and Moira are the only two mutants in the entire world with the blood type E. Not even Logan’s children inherited that blood type. There is a very slim possibility that Logan’s powers are either related to or similar to Moira’s.
    We also know that Moira and Logan had arranged for him to kill her when things went horribly wrong in at least two of her past lives (life 6 and life 9). It is possible that Moira and Logan knew each other in her other lives and had similar arrangements. There is a lot of her history we still don’t know yet.

If we look closely at the new timeline of upcoming comics, XLoW / XDoW begins in the first week of January 2022. The December solicits are not out yet, but if we follow the previous trends, Inferno 4 will drop on the last week of December 2021. It will probably mark the end of the ‘Reign of X’ era.

My theory is that during Inferno, Destiny will be resurrected, Sabertooth will be freed and the truth of Moira’s past lives as well as her ‘mutants always lose’ belief is revealed to the Krakoans. This, together with the other secrets (Psylocke, Colossus, Bishop), will probably break the trust of the Krakoan public.
    After Inferno 4, we jump straight into the past with XLoW / XDoW, which chronicles the 10 lives of Moira from the point of view of Wolverine, adding more context to Inferno and why Moira does the things she does. bishop66 mentioned in another thread that they heard that this was a 10-issue event. If that’s true, that means 5 issues of Lives and 5 issues of Death, HOX/POX style, ending in March.

Then, we come back to the present in March with a new, ‘refocused’ line of books under a ’(insert word) of X’ banner. This will probably be the beginning of the Second Krakoan Age, where Krakoa will still stand strong but the unity of the previous age has eroded a bit due to the Inferno revelations. Some mutants (probably Mystique, Destiny, Moira?, Sabertooth, Sinister, Beast?) will be on the run, the X-Men will distance themselves slightly from Professor X and Magneto, there will be political turmoil within the fractured Quiet Council, and so on. Could be an exciting status-quo.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong, and this is more of a Crisis of Wolverines type deal, but I think that this is a strong possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    This was something I posted in the ‘Upcoming X-Books Art Teases’ thread that I am reposting here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could be quite uninteresting if it was just another round of Logan colliding with yet another unrevealed part of his Weapon X history. But reading the official synopsis, I think this might be closely related to Inferno.

The Marvel website’s synopsis for 10 Lives of Wolverine / 10 Deaths of Wolverine:
    House of X and Powers of X ushered in the First Krakoan Age of the X-Men. Now, Marvel Comics’ X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine will test ‘the best there is at what he does’ before any mutant can survive to the Second Krakoan Age. Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, and Federico Vicentini tell two interlocked tales about what happens to Wolverine when…His Pasts Meet His Future.
    Notice that it says pasts (plural) and that this will come between the First and Second Krakoan Ages.

Just my speculation here, but I think that these two mini-series are a reinvention of the Moira X ongoing book that was supposed to come out some time ago but ran into production trouble. I think it got handed to Percy and reworked into an event with a heavy Wolverine focus in order to help out in the sales department.

Rich Johnston of Bleeding Cool had a similar idea:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...erine-in-2022/

We know Logan and Moira are the only two mutants in the entire world with the blood type E. Not even Logan’s children inherited that blood type. There is a very slim possibility that Logan’s powers are either related to or similar to Moira’s.
    We also know that Moira and Logan had arranged for him to kill her when things went horribly wrong in at least two of her past lives (life 6 and life 9). It is possible that Moira and Logan knew each other in her other lives and had similar arrangements. There is a lot of her history we still don’t know yet.

If we look closely at the new timeline of upcoming comics, XLoW / XDoW begins in the first week of January 2022. The December solicits are not out yet, but if we follow the previous trends, Inferno 4 will drop on the last week of December 2021. It will probably mark the end of the ‘Reign of X’ era.

My theory is that during Inferno, Destiny will be resurrected, Sabertooth will be freed and the truth of Moira’s past lives as well as her ‘mutants always lose’ belief is revealed to the Krakoans. This, together with the other secrets (Psylocke, Colossus, Bishop), will probably break the trust of the Krakoan public.
    After Inferno 4, we jump straight into the past with XLoW / XDoW, which chronicles the 10 lives of Moira from the point of view of Wolverine, adding more context to Inferno and why Moira does the things she does. bishop66 mentioned in another thread that they heard that this was a 10-issue event. If that’s true, that means 5 issues of Lives and 5 issues of Death, HOX/POX style, ending in March.

Then, we come back to the present in March with a new, ‘refocused’ line of books under a ’(insert word) of X’ banner. This will probably be the beginning of the Second Krakoan Age, where Krakoa will still stand strong but the unity of the previous age has eroded a bit due to the Inferno revelations. Some mutants (probably Mystique, Destiny, Moira?, Sabertooth, Sinister, Beast?) will be on the run, the X-Men will distance themselves slightly from Professor X and Magneto, there will be political turmoil within the fractured Quiet Council, and so on. Could be an exciting status-quo.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong, and this is more of a Crisis of Wolverines type deal, but I think that this is a strong possibility.
    I like it. Solid theory.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So are these X's actual X's or 10's?
    That's what I was thinking. The 10 number has been used in this era a lot. But what could 10 deaths and 10 lives mean. Hmmm.

Has anyone kept a tally on how many times Logan has "died". Or how many Logan variants there are currently in 616?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Crisis on Infinite Wolverines. Into the Logan-Verse.
    If Spider-Man can do it . . . hmm, come to think of it, there was a comic where Wolverine variants were playing baseball against Spider-Man variants, so maybe . . . that's not so farfetched.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

There are a million other mutants they could have played with but they choose the most generic.

I mean Hickman chose Moira.

Or what about a weekly series dealing with the Cancer verse and Vulcan, or the Shiar, or the Brood, or the....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That's what I was thinking. The 10 number has been used in this era a lot. But what could 10 deaths and 10 lives mean. Hmmm.

Has anyone kept a tally on how many times Logan has "died". Or how many Logan variants there are currently in 616?
    I suspect it's more about how his individual versions died in Moira's ten lifes.

Which might actualy reveal that she is not infact rebooting the universe as she thought, but instead left a universe altered by her actions behind each time, which would explain how these different incarnations of Wolverine might start to make contact with his mainline version.

Especialy Life 6 (X3) and Life 9 (X2) Wolverine would be of importance because they personaly killed Moira to "reset" her, but if that wasn't the case they would have seen what happend after she was kicked back to the start. Like seeing Earth consumed by the Phallanx in X3 or seeing what happened to the remaining 10k mutants spread across the galaxy in X2.

However Wolverine of Life 1 Could also some vital informations, because Moira seemingly never even knew mutants existed in that universe, which is still quite suspicious considering how otherwise mutants always seem to be a big deal in the lifes in which Moira tried to take control.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-31-2021 at 03:33 PM.