I'm ready.

January 2022.

Don't worry, we're bringing the drinks.

Oh, yeah, this just dropped...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm ready.

January 2022.

I actually really like Percy’s Jean (except that one time in Wolverine where she got fridged) so this is good news!

BANNED

Oh, yeah, this just dropped...

Looks cool

BANNED

Is this what I think it is?

The covers look great. I still can't get over the fact that the XLoW 1 cover looks like a Russell Dauterman ripoff but the actual artwork and colouring for it looks great.
    In fact, they look better than the usual Wolverine covers. Maybe Kubert and Martin had more time to do these since it is for an event.

The press release says that this is a 10-issue event so that means 5 issues for each miniseries.
    We know that it is a weekly series and that it starts on 5th January 2022, so the event will be ending on 9th March 2022.
    The 'Second Age of Krakoa', as the press release puts it, will presumably start mid-March with the new line-up of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    New cover, looks Phallanxy!
    This got me thinking. The circuitry on Logan could just be artistic license on the part of Kubert to make the cover more visually interesting, but what if it is actually an indicator of the Phalanx?
    The following is just speculation, so don't take it too seriously. But it is something to think about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a subplot in Inferno right now that involves Cypher, Warlock and Krakoa.
    I've speculated before that this subplot will lead to the (long-speculated) reveal that Krakoa's nervous system is infected (either intentionally or unintentionally by Cypher) with the techno-organic virus. Sinister Secret 54 practically spells this out for us.

Throughout the Krakoan era so far, Moira X has been living in her No-Place habitat and travelling using a No-Gate. Both of these are cut off from the collective Krakoan consciousness and so Moira has been invisible to Krakoa.
    If Moira is revealed to the Krakoan public at the end of Inferno, Krakoa will be aware of her presence. And if Krakoa is aware of her presence, the Local Titan will be aware of her presence through the T-O virus that is listening in on Krakoa.

We know from HOX/POX that the Titans will most likely not tolerate the presence of someone like Moira because of her power to destroy realities upon her death. We also know that Titans exist in 'atemporal space' (meaning outside the timeline).
    If the Titans learn about Moira at the end of Inferno, they could try to destroy her by inserting various Technarch agents or other obstacles at different points in her personal timeline.
    The Krakoans could learn about this through Warlock or something, and send Wolverine on his way through time travel to save Moira (or her ancestors) at ten different points in time.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Any guesses who is the shadowed female on the cover where we see Mystique in the distance?

Seems Logan is indeed infected bij the Technarch virus, or could it bethe return of the Phalanx, perhaps?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Any guesses who is the shadowed female on the cover where we see Mystique in the distance?
    According to Benjamin Percy, that is not a shadow, but rather a cover redaction that will be revealed much closer to the release date.
    The most likely answer to their identity is Moira, at some point in her past.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah it's definitely Moira.

Ok, these covers are getting me excited because we now see Jean and Raven. I've been lukewarm about this event so far but that Phalanx cover is turning up the temp for me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm ready.

January 2022.

Sweeeet… looking forward to this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ok, these covers are getting me excited because we now see Jean and Raven. I've been lukewarm about this event so far but that Phalanx cover is turning up the temp for me.
    That could be Phalanx Wolverine. He was there when ascension happened

BANNED

I'm ready.

January 2022.

Oh thank goodness.

Edit: Oh wait. There's like a 55% chance she's the death he has to prevent. Oh boy.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-08-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Just when I thought I couldn’t be less interested, Adam Kubert covers.

Okay, that’s mean, but this event is just so clearly not for me.