Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I like Wolverine, but Percy is a real turn-off.
    Pretty much this. Kind of expecting this event to be the final resolution of the plant people storyline and another one page cameo of Mikhail Rasputin at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Pretty much this. Kind of expecting this event to be the final resolution of the plant people storyline and another one page cameo of Mikhail Rasputin at the end.
    perfect burn. lol I spilled my drink!

Man, I cannot stand Wanda. And Magneto has bored me to tears for years. Just thought I’d share that here. Probably better for the Trial of Magneto thread, though. But since we’re talking about characters and events we don’t care about, I figured I’d chime in on that front too so I don’t feel left out.

BANNED

In the past Percy has remained a step back when it comes to including other mutants. He is mostly into stuff of Wolverine. That being sounds its funny how people are presuming so much critical about his appearance in his own book just so happens to be a event of its own. Not to mention without Wolverine we will not delving the success that HoX/PoX brought that time.
    Either way its not like she is Emma or Mags or even Charles who can get center attention all they want with events. Seriously why do people even care.
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-01-2021 at 06:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Man, I cannot stand Wanda. And Magneto has bored me to tears for years. Just thought I’d share that here. Probably better for the Trial of Magneto thread, though. But since we’re talking about characters and events we don’t care about, I figured I’d chime in on that front too so I don’t feel left out.
    Tell me about that. I couldn't help chuckling over this thing when it was announced. Done over and over tons of times where number of deaths of Wolverine can't be compared(although I did like the action of the first issue)
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-01-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Apparently there are only seven basic stories in the world, endlessly repeated. I read that somewhere.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If this is just an over hyped Wolverine book and Marvel will be publishing other X-Men content along with it, then I am perfectly happy to ignore it. Marvel makes a lot of books I don't want to read, making one more would really not be a problem. However, if this is the only X-Men content that will be available for two months, and is necessary to at least follow along with because it sets up the new status quo moving forward, then yes I am going to complain about that. Because I have no interest in this character or this writer.

I didn’t see anything implying the other books are ending and this is the only X output for January. But if that’s the case, then I’d understand the bitching about it a lot more.

Mighty Member

Big Magneto fan here but you're right about him taking up so much story time. Every recent event seems to be about Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, Cyclops, Jean, Emma and I guess Kate. Makes sense to bitch about all these characters being overused.

I didn’t see anything implying the other books are ending and this is the only X output for January. But if that’s the case, then I’d understand the bitching about it a lot more.
    Of course the books are gonna end. I also doubt Marvel will have the restraint to not release multiple new numbers ones during this story. Unless they want to insult Hickman who wanted to do the same thing (slowly release books) but was denied. I don't think it's this particular book event that is upsetting people, but the fact that it points that the post-Hickman era will be cliched and only feature the same white 7 (the ones mentioned above) all stars of the books.

I'd be excited about this event if it was Hickman's goodbye, but Percy just sucks.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 09-01-2021 at 09:04 AM.

So you think they’re going to end and not publish anything X-related besides this in January? I bet even if the other books end some of them will reboot in January as well. Doubtful this will be the only X content published that month. If it is, though, that does kind of suck… even though I’m very excited for this series.

Mighty Member

So you think they’re going to end and not publish anything X-related besides this in January? I bet even if the other books end some of them will reboot in January as well. Doubtful this will be the only X content published that month. If it is, though, that does kind of suck… even though I’m very excited for this series.
    Nope. I'm saying Marvel has a history of not being patient enough to NOT rush out a bunch of new numbers ones at once (like they did with HOX/POX). In Hickman's interview he said he didn't want to rush out all the new books like Marauders and New Mutants at once, but Marvel editorial forced his hand. So yeah I'm willing to bet money that other Books will be coming out at the time.

Extraordinary Member

It kind of worked with (Uncanny) X-Men Disassembled, but Age of X-Man itself did not seem to catch on, and it worked with House of X/Power of X, so it would not surprise me that Marvel would cancel everything and just publish the one big weekly book and then follow it up with a roll out of new books, or we might get something where the new books are rolled out during the course of the weekly book as you suggest but maybe they will all be staggered every two weeks or so similar to what Hickman mentioned wanting to do with X-Men (Dawn of X) originally.

BANNED

Only time would say from December solicitations about halting the x-line. Its not like they did same thing with Inferno though

Incredible Member

Watch them do a bait and switch and like right before the issue comes out reveal the real title is X Lives and X Deaths of Moira

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Watch them do a bait and switch and like right before the issue comes out reveal the real title is X Lives and X Deaths of Moira
    Can I have both as a massive overarching 40 issue story in the vain of HoX/PoX?…Please?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.