Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If it would indeed be about the 10 lives Moira lived, but then from Logan's point of view, at least there would be a big chance we get to see Cylobel, Cardinal and Rasputin. (Always found Cylobel the more interesting one, due to what happened to her during PoX) I seriously doubt the will launch two Wolverine series without the other X-Men and mutants in it.

Also, remember Moira's live number VI was not revealed at the time PoX/HoX. So we might finally get to know what happened then.

Think the might release this the same way as HoX/PoX, every week another issue while other titles being on hold or cancelled to start refreshed after the event.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    If it would indeed be about the 10 lives Moira lived, but then from Logan's point of view, at least there would be a big chance we get to see Cylobel, Cardinal and Rasputin. (Always found Cylobel the more interesting one, due to what happened to her during PoX) I seriously doubt the will launch two Wolverine series without the other X-Men and mutants in it.

Also, remember Moira's live number VI was not revealed at the time PoX/HoX. So we might finally get to know what happened then.

Think the might release this the same way as HoX/PoX, every week another issue while other titles being on hold or cancelled to start refreshed after the event.
    Life 6 is the one with the Phalanx in the distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

That could be cool. Maybe it’s some sort of Days of Future Past type thing where somehow Logan’s consciousness from this timeline is shifted into his body in each of the Moira X timelines/lives?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Life 6 is the one with the Phalanx in the distant future.
    Life 1. Everything normal and boring for Moira except having been very sick at a young age once. Strangely Mutants never became a public topic that she even heared of them(?!).
    Life 2. Moira has her first lifes memories. She can't get herself to repeat it again. Divorcing from her husband without having children. So after learning of Xavier and his thesis on mutants she tries to reach him but dies in a plane accident.
    Life 3. She studies science and meets Xavier, but decides he has a god complex and that mutants shouldn't exist. She joins or heads a research project to remove the X-gene, but her lab gets attacked by the Brotherhood of mutants under Mystique and Destiny. Destiny gives her a lecture and then has Pyro burn her alive (either willing to reboot her entire universe or actualy knowing Moira can't do that and just sending her to another timeline).
    Life 4. Moira decides to join force with Xavier and they lead the X-men but are eventualy killed by Sentinels in a Days of Future Past scenario (not even Nimrods, base big purple Mark IIs).
    Life 5. Moira joins force with Xavier again, but shows him her past lifes and they form a mutant nation. This once again gets destroyed by Sentinels somehow (again just Mark IIs).
    Life 6. No exact informations on what she did exactly in this timeline before the year 3000, but apperently Wolverine was her allie or lover and he kept her alive for all this time via infusing her with his own blood, those giving her his longlivity. Moira learns that the conflict between normal humans and mutant humans in this timeline, will eventualy resulted in both groups' extinction via the development of "Homo Novissima" (Post-Humans) who will replace normal humans entirely and beat mutants at the super powers game.
    Life 7. Moira tries to prevent the creation of Sentinels by killing every member of the Trask family (as if that will prevent anyone from creating androids as weapons against super powered people... say hello to the Spiderslayers), but eventualy gets killed herself by a Sentinel.
    Life 8. Moira joins force with Magneto and makes him more radical by telling him of the extermination of mutants in her past lifes. They get defeated by the combined force of super heros.
    Life 9. Moira joins force with Apocalypse, who together with his First Horsemen (and possibly Arrako) actualy defeats the heros opposing him, but that only drives the rest of humanity into the arms of the Sentinels as their only means of protection, allowing the AIs to enslave them and convincing the unpowered humans to heavily cybernertically augment themself religiously (extinction of humanity as organic beings).
    Life 10. Current timeline in the official main Marvel universe, plus this new set of retcons about Moira, Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse.

So yeah there is no secret unrevealed life. However there is if i recall right, the mystery of what exactly happend in Life 6, that Moira ended with Wolverine in the far future and how much she still affected the timeline.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-02-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Life 1. Everything normal and boring for Moira except having been very sick at a young age once. Strangely Mutants never became a public topic that she even heared of them(?!).
    I think that her powers got activated when she was sick and when doctor came to visit her. Also I think that this doctor was Essex. So maybe Sinister even activated her powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that her powers got activated when she was sick and when doctor came to visit her. Also I think that this doctor was Essex. So maybe Sinister even activated her powers.
    At this point entirely possible. Especialy given that she also seems to mysteriously have blood which is compatible with that of Wolverine.

Perhaps that's even her true mutant power. To adept another mutant's powers via blood transfusions, hence why no other Moira MacTaggert across the multiverse (and TV shows and movies) ever showed any sign of having world reseting or New Game + powers, because it requires such specific circumstances. (Only the Ultimate version was revealed as mutant and she got her powers via the drug Banshee).

Overall, it's allready strange how much Mister Sinister seems to know about the secrets going on, perhaps he gets informations from "another world"?

Though even if the doctor wasn't someone special his treatment of her could have caused the powers to activate too. With the sliding timeline she was born around the 70s or 80s currently, so perhaps the doctor gave her a medicine with unknown side effects.

This is not a good sign for the Hickman-break Era for this franchise. At best it is Marvel being their usual out-of-touch selves where they think their audience is stupid and will only be interested in a book if you toss (who they believe) to be the most popular person in the book. At worst you have a whole staff of people who wanted to use Hickman to re-vitalize their brand that was literally at rock bottom but hated all of his ideas so they're re-inserting their creatively bankrupt ones.

You (and others) sure are reading a lot into something that probably amounted to nothing more than a pitch from Percy for a Wolverine story that was big enough to make into an event. The drama in this place is hilarious… the “this is not a good sign for the franchise” and “this is what happens when Hickman leaves” posts are so funny. LOL. There will be other X-books next year. I promise.

BANNED

I will revisit House of X and Powers of X once more. I haven't reread that book since 2019 and I have got two reasons now to read this(Inferno and Lives and Deaths of Wolverine). Honestly I wish Hickman would wrote Logan rather than Percy. I don't know but his Percy's Logan has been stale and I havent had any interest in readin this book since Maverick's appearance. Hicks Wolverine while in less quantity is much better than most of the other x-writers except for Percy because he is the main writer.
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-02-2021 at 08:13 AM.

I’ve actually enjoyed his Wolverine solo book far more than X-Force, which needs to get off this plant people storyline with the quickness. Talk about a boring, generic threat. Logan fighting vampires, Omega Red, the Mercs (the Maverick storyline you mentioned), and now Arakki pirates and Solem in his solo book have been pretty enjoyable IMO.

But I agree that it’s been pretty standard fare with nothing too exciting happening. Just good solid Logan stories. My favorite stories involving the character have all altered his status quo somehow, however, and involved some level of change and growth (evolution) as he struggles through some $#!t. That’s what I’m hoping for in this X Lives of Wolverine / X Deaths of Wolverine event.

I'm not overly excited about this but I appreciate that they are taking a page out of the Hickman sensibilities.

I just hope Percy can pull it off.

X-Force and Wolverine have been super comfortable and basic.

I did like the first arc of X-Force but both titles have been just okay for the past 2-3 arcs.

Hope its successful and helps relaunch the new titles in a great way though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You (and others) sure are reading a lot into something that probably amounted to nothing more than a pitch from Percy for a Wolverine story that was big enough to make into an event. The drama in this place is hilarious… the “this is not a good sign for the franchise” and “this is what happens when Hickman leaves” posts are so funny. LOL. There will be other X-books next year. I promise.
    I agree with what you are saying other than I don't think this is just some story Percy came up with. When it was officially announced that Hickman was leaving, I believe he was the one who first mentioned a weekly series to refocus the line after the events of Inferno. While Percy is the writer, my guess is that the whole team, including Hickman, workshopped the story. I guess it was decided that Percy was the one who would take the lead on it since he's the one currently writing Wolverine.

BANNED

If thats true the I guess even if he may have not deserved it but its certainly important to see that he hasn't been given chances outside his books like other writers. His books were too self contained and that is why it was lacking juice.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

yup thats all literally he said not worth a listen lol