Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I don’t like being negative but what about the meandering plot of X-Force made the X-Office think that Percy should be the one to pick up Hickman’s plots and usher in the next era of X-books?!? I’d feel better if there was at least another X-writer or two co-plotting with him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t like being negative but what about the meandering plot of X-Force made the X-Office think that Percy should be the one to pick up Hickman’s plots and usher in the next era of X-books?!? I’d feel better if there was at least another X-writer or two co-plotting with him.
    My guess would be, that since he is allready writing Wolverine, who's books are seemingly not selling worse than previous Wolverine titles and who they are using as staging ground for the next "phase" of the "X-men running a super duper nation" status quo via his involvement in Life 6 and 9 of Moira, they decided to just extend Percy's gig to writing the launch title for this new phase too.

Astonishing Member

Because logan is the safest xmen to launch a event with

BANNED

Well the x-office gave tini and duggan the same license to do their and their respective books i. e Excalibur or maruaders weren't good either.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Well the x-office gave tini and duggan the same license to do their and their respective books i. e Excalibur or maruaders weren't good either.
    Every writer in the line had issues on XoS and the Hellfire Gala, it wasn't written exclusively by Howard or Duggan. Also even though I agree that neither of their series are very good, Howard and Duggan at least have interesting ideas, though the execution is usually not good. The closest thing Percy has had to an interesting idea is a Krakoan CIA, which he never even bothered to properly flesh out, his books are very by the numbers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Eh I like Marauders it's got a better track record than Excalibur at least, once you realize that it's basically a book about Emma and Kate and Duggan isn't interested in writing the others it becomes a lot more enjoyable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Agreed 100%.

Every writer in the line had issues on XoS and the Hellfire Gala, it wasn't written exclusively by Howard or Duggan. Also even though I agree that neither of their series are very good, Howard and Duggan at least have interesting ideas, though the execution is usually not good. The closest thing Percy has had to an interesting idea is a Krakoan CIA, which he never even bothered to properly flesh out, his books are very by the numbers.
    X-Force was pretty good for the first ten issues. It had strong moments for characters. It became drag of same plotline stories. But it has some interesting concepts of teleflornics which are as powerful as sentinels. Then there is also Percys Wolverine. as well which didn't started out in a good way but he did took Logan in different direction with new ideas .Duggan only handled two or three characters. It was boring because you can just say that it became all about putting Emma or Kate at the end of the pedestal. My point is that given the opportunity to do outside just their x-books they have done better than what they were doing in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    yup thats all literally he said not worth a listen lol
    Lol, I scrolled through that whole podcast looking for that info and it was basically the sign off. Percy-"Okay thanks for having me on fellas, oh btw X Lives of Wolverine is the weekly series Hickman teased, click."
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The high points of Percy's run were much higher than anyone else from the relaunch outside of Hickman. The first 10 or so issues of X-Force in particular were getting consistent praise as being one of the best books in the line and that included Hickman's X-Men and New Mutants. Recently I'd agree that his plots have dragged on way too long, but he still isn't putting out anything as bad as X-Factor was (imo) and he's been solid on the solo Wolverine title the whole time.

Part of me thinks he's dragging out his stories since the rest of the writing team wanted to "stay in phase 1" per Hickman. I'm wondering if Percy planned out his stories to coincide with Hickman's original structure and when the team decided to stay on Krakoa he had to adapt. I know it's a different format, but Percy's podcasts about Logan didn't suffer from the same issues of being drawn out too long and he wrapped up the Xavier assassination arc pretty efficiently as well. That or maybe the wanted to give every writer a chance at a mini series/one shot.

Duggan=Planet Size
    Williams=Trial of Magneto
    Howard=X-Corp
    Percy=X Lives of Wolverine
    Ayala=Children of the Atom

Edit: I messed up some of the writers and titles
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    The high points of Percy's run were much higher than anyone else from the relaunch outside of Hickman. The first 10 or so issues of X-Force in particular were getting consistent praise as being one of the best books in the line and that included Hickman's X-Men and New Mutants. Recently I'd agree that his plots have dragged on way too long, but he still isn't putting out anything as bad as X-Factor was (imo) and he's been solid on the solo Wolverine title the whole time.

Part of me thinks he's dragging out his stories since the rest of the writing team wanted to "stay in phase 1" per Hickman. I'm wondering if Percy planned out his stories to coincide with Hickman's original structure and when the team decided to stay on Krakoa he had to adapt. I know it's a different format, but Percy's podcasts about Logan didn't suffer from the same issues of being drawn out too long and he wrapped up the Xavier assassination arc pretty efficiently as well. That or maybe the wanted to give every writer a chance at a mini series/one shot.

Duggan=Planet Size
    Williams=Trial of Magneto
    Howard=Children of the Atom
    Percy=X Lives of Wolverine
    Completely agree!! When Percy is on he's on. And his Wolverine has been pretty consistent so I'm sure this event is in good hands. Just wish it wasn't about Wolverine I'm still a bit burnt out on him.

Marauders is okay for me but Duggan blew me away with Planet-Size and X-Men. So I'm hoping for something similar from Percy because as others mentioned, when he's on point he's really on point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Completely agree!! When Percy is on he's on. And his Wolverine has been pretty consistent so I'm sure this event is in good hands. Just wish it wasn't about Wolverine I'm still a bit burnt out on him.
    I’ve loved his Wolverine. His X-Force, however, has meandered too much and gotten too bogged down with the Terra Verde and resulting plant-people threat plot line. Wrap it up and move on. It’s really not that interesting. Looks like he’s moving on to Russia and Mikhail, the Peacock man, etc. So that’s good.

I’m betting I’ll like his X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine a lot. Love Cassara’s artwork, so that’s a huge draw for me personally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’ve loved his Wolverine. His X-Force, however, has meandered too much and gotten too bogged down with the Terra Verde and resulting plant-people threat plot line. Wrap it up and move on. It’s really not that interesting. Looks like he’s moving on to Russia and Mikhail, the Peacock man, etc. So that’s good.

I’m betting I’ll like his X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine a lot. Love Cassara’s artwork, so that’s a huge draw for me personally.
    Hopefully we get some Jean/Wolverine interactions I love the fact that Percy ships the two. And yeah I've no doubt Percy is gonna bring his A game to these two titles especially since it's following up with the Inferno fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hopefully we get some Jean/Wolverine interactions I love the fact that Percy ships the two. And yeah I've no doubt Percy is gonna bring his A game to these two titles especially since it's following up with the Inferno fallout.
    Agreed. Have preferred Logan with Jean and Scott with Emma for about two decades now. There’s just more chemistry in those pairings IMO. I know there are the Jott shippers out there who strongly disagree, but that’s just my feelings on the matter. The whole Hickman polyamory angle throws a nice monkeywrench into the whole debate, however, by making it moot. As you can see Logan with Jean in one comic, and then her with Scott in another, and in both instances they’re acting like a couple. Same with Emma and Scott for that matter. Plus Logan can still sleep with whoever outside of the X-men too. Or within the X-men for that matter (e.g., Domino). I know some people hate that too, but I find it kind of funny as it’s very meta in a way.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Have preferred Logan with Jean and Scott with Emma for about two decades now. There’s just more chemistry in those pairings IMO. I know there are the Jott shippers out there who strongly disagree, but that’s just my feelings on the matter. The whole Hickman polyamory angle throws a nice monkeywrench into the whole debate, however, by making it moot. As you can see Logan with Jean in one comic, and then her with Scott in another, and in both instances they’re acting like a couple. Same with Emma and Scott for that matter. Plus Logan can still sleep with whoever outside of the X-men too. Or within the X-men for that matter (e.g., Domino). I know some people hate that too, but I find it kind of funny as it’s very meta in a way.
    Wanders into thread... whistling, innocently.
    001EC475-CD32-481B-BD68-B19F6239825A.jpg