Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Regardless of who was in charge, my point still stands.
    But your original point was that Doomsday Clock and Metal were so bad that bringing back Didio would improve things...

So does it not invalidate your point if he actually was in charge of those??

Regardless of who was in charge, my point still stands.
    Not really. If you think Didio should come back because you dislike stuff like Metal and Doomsday Clock, when Doomsday Clock and Metal were Didio projects, it doesn't. Unless you're trying to make a point that is in contrary to what you're actually saying.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not really. If you think Didio should come back because you dislike stuff like Metal and Doomsday Clock, when Doomsday Clock and Metal were Didio projects, it doesn't. Unless you're trying to make a point that is in contrary to what you're actually saying.
    It doesn’t matter to me if Didio was behind Doomsday Clock and Metal or not.

I found DDC pointless and I could elaborate on the utter nihilism of Metal.

Frankly, Rebirth showed promise, but after three months it fell apart.

Fact is, I don’t care if Didio DOES come back to do whatever he wants or not as long as SOMEBODY does something better than the current ennui at DC.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

. . . Fact is, I don’t care if Didio DOES come back to do whatever he wants or not as long as SOMEBODY does something better than the current ennui at DC.
    But the question is are the people currently in charge totally clueless about a future direction or is DC just treading water until the rumored BIG EVENT in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But the question is are the people currently in charge totally clueless about a future direction or is DC just treading water until the rumored BIG EVENT in 2022?
    How do you mean treading water? Infinite Frontier seems to have loads of good books... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    How do you mean treading water? Infinite Frontier seems to have loads of good books... no?
    He only reads Scooby Doo. He just complains about the books he doesn’t read. Always.

Fact is, I don’t care if Didio DOES come back to do whatever he wants or not as long as SOMEBODY does something better than the current ennui at DC.
    But if the the examples you gave of your current issues with DC were Didio projects then, yes, you do care if he comes back, as him coming back would produce more of what you dislike.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

That’s rather childish.
    Me simply voicing my opinion is childish? lol.

You say "childish", I say "protecting the interests of DC fans."

Extraordinary Member

DC's currently publishing the best output it has in years, dude.

Technically true since we have more good books than we did during Rebirth, but that was the low point of DC Universe so it ain't saying much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Just because you say that something is anti-crisis it doesn't mean that it actually is.
    Okay, now you've just lost me.

In reverse order,
    * NO, Infinite Frontier does not have "loads of good books" from my viewpoint, partly because any interest I may have had in some Bat-titles has been derailed by the "Fear State" bloated crossover "event", and other books lost any potential interest I might have had with either writers I don't care for (like BENDIS!) or just overall directions that haven't grabbed my interest.

and

* I mentioned "treading water" because some people seemed to express the feeling that DC isn't really doing all that much beyond publishing a gazillion Bat-titles and some other mini-series from time to time, so I was asking in a general way whether people feel that DC has a definitive future direction planned for the ENTIRE line (now that they're supposedly abandoned the 5G overhaul) or if maybe DC is just limiting any long-term thinking/direction until they get to that rumored 2022 "EVENT" which may (or may not) set the future tone / direction for the DC universe (comics-wise).

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    He only reads Scooby Doo. He just complains about the books he doesn’t read. Always.
    No, I don't read "Scooby-Doo".

Please, if you're going to try and be dismissive, you need to get your facts straight.

Besides, that tired and repeated response to anything I post really makes you sound less than mature and more like a kid in the early grades of elementary school.

In reverse order,
    * NO, Infinite Frontier does not have "loads of good books" from my viewpoint, partly because any interest I may have had in some Bat-titles has been derailed by the "Fear State" bloated crossover "event", and other books lost any potential interest I might have had with either writers I don't care for (like BENDIS!) or just overall directions that haven't grabbed my interest.

and

* I mentioned "treading water" because some people seemed to express the feeling that DC isn't really doing all that much beyond publishing a gazillion Bat-titles and some other mini-series from time to time, so I was asking in a general way whether people feel that DC has a definitive future direction planned for the ENTIRE line (now that they're supposedly abandoned the 5G overhaul) or if maybe DC is just limiting any long-term thinking/direction until they get to that rumored 2022 "EVENT" which may (or may not) set the future tone / direction for the DC universe (comics-wise).

No, I don't read "Scooby-Doo".

Please, if you're going to try and be dismissive, you need to get your facts straight.

Besides, that tired and repeated response to anything I post really makes you sound less than mature and more like a kid in the early grades of elementary school.
    Between the ongoing and minis 4 and 6 issues. There seems to be loads of great stuff. I feel like I havent even scratched the surface of what this Infinite Frontier era offers and Ive bought a lot...

Who is to say there wont be more new minis.

My favorite of the new series is Crush & Lobo and Blue and Gold. Teen Titans Academy shaping up to be fun.

Between the ongoing and minis 4 and 6 issues. There seems to be loads of great stuff. I feel like I havent even scratched the surface of what this Infinite Frontier era offers and Ive bought a lot...

Who is to say there wont be more new minis.

My favorite of the new series is Crush & Lobo and Blue and Gold. Teen Titans Academy shaping up to be fun.
    I also don't know how long ago you started following superhero comics from DC, so some of this stuff may still "fresher" to you.

Me, I originally started reading DC comics on a regular basis back in 1972, though there have been periods (years) when I wasn't regularly reading/ buying them.
    I'm just at a point where I don't care any longer about some of this stuff and DC is usually not giving me the stuff I would care about.

I also don't know how long ago you started following superhero comics from DC, so some of this stuff may still "fresher" to you.

Me, I originally started reading DC comics on a regular basis back in 1972, though there have been periods (years) when I wasn't regularly reading/ buying them.
    I'm just at a point where I don't care any longer about some of this stuff and DC is usually not giving me the stuff I would care about.
    Yah I read as a child from 1991 to 1998 casually.

Then started again as an adult 2016.

I read a lot now though. Easily 100 trades a year or about 600 issues.

I collect from as old as 70s to current.

But true maybe your burnt out from it.

I also collect marvel and various independent so if I tire of something I can bounce around.

Over all in my life I'm very happy, very positive person. So I find a lot of enjoyment in life in general. Im not pessimistic about movies or tv or the political situation here in Canada or around the world. The pandemic didn't mess with me. So life is good and since a I started collecting in dc, Infinite Frontier has been one of the most exciting events so far to follow.