Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    All this talk of clones and nobody mentions poor Joseph who was a nice guy until Astra got her hands on him and made him evil eventually leading to Kwannon beheading him. Dude can’t catch a break after his original heroic sacrifice.
    Magneto's on the QC and one of the leaders of Krakoa. I doubt he would have allowed Joseph's resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm still waiting on an explanation for why Icarus allowed himself to be resurrected AT ALL considering his whole thing was self-hatred and wanting to die because of his girlfriend.
    A dead person cant consent to being resurrected. He didnt allow anything

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A dead person cant consent to being resurrected. He didnt allow anything
    His family can on his behalf, and since they knew he probably wouldn't want to be rez'ed refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Perhaps they did think about it.

We head-canon nearly everything we don't like about the current era but characters possibly wanting to be resurrected with a disability or "faults" is somehow incomprehensible.
    People are free to headcanon. If you want to headcanon and can find satisfaction in your answers, that's great. But personally I don't find it believable the way things are now. Headcanon can only go so far and is only so satisfying. Writers need to actually put in work and give the character more to work with when things are lacking. If they did think about it, why did they not go through with it? If they ultimately chose not to, why did they?

I don't see Karma going "I want to keep my disability that doesn't help me, and might actually hinder me at times. I know I've only had it for a short time, but I prefer this robot leg to the real leg I've had all my life." I could see it, but I want the writing to show it.

His family can on his behalf, and since they knew he probably wouldn't want to be rez'ed refused.
    I think it's reasonable for his family to want him resurrected. Even though he has a lot of issues and was unhappy in his life, who wouldn't want to give their beloved sibling a second chance at life and a chance to recover from his trauma? Especially since he's really young, and was making some progress towards recovery before he died. If he doesn't want to be resurrected, he's free to say something before jumping off a cliff without spreading his wings.

We do need some follow-up on Jay's story, though. There's a whole mess of issues that could stand to be addressed, and not just his dead gf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    People are free to headcanon. If you want to headcanon and can find satisfaction in your answers, that's great. But personally I don't find it believable the way things are now. Headcanon can only go so far and is only so satisfying. Writers need to actually put in work and give the character more to work with when things are lacking. If they did think about it, why did they not go through with it? If they ultimately chose not to, why did they?

I don't see Karma going "I want to keep my disability that doesn't help me, and might actually hinder me at times. I know I've only had it for a short time, but I prefer this robot leg to the real leg I've had all my life." I could see it, but I want the writing to show it.
    karma's robot leg comes with a 5g internet connection, a multi platform charging station for digital devices and a mug warmer for coffee.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    karma's robot leg comes with a 5g internet connection, a multi platform charging station for digital devices and a mug warmer for coffee.
    Throw in a 20 year warranty & access to the Her app, and I'm sold.

His family likely are the ones that pushed for it

BANNED

I think it's reasonable for his family to want him resurrected. Even though he has a lot of issues and was unhappy in his life, who wouldn't want to give their beloved sibling a second chance at life and a chance to recover from his trauma? Especially since he's really young, and was making some progress towards recovery before he died. If he doesn't want to be resurrected, he's free to say something before jumping off a cliff without spreading his wings.

We do need some follow-up on Jay's story, though. There's a whole mess of issues that could stand to be addressed, and not just his dead gf.
    If by "healing" you mean, "Let himself get manipulated by a radical religious fanatic, murderer, and terrorist, who used all the information he gave him to blow up a bus with a bunch of his friends on board, attack the school killing MORE of his friends, and oh yeah, ALLOWED the same fanatic cut off his wings — his most visible mark of his mutation — and then kill HIM, too."

But Jay was TOTALLY healing all the way to the end.

Also, Jay has a healing factor tied to his wings....somehow. So they'd have to cut them off first.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    His family likely are the ones that pushed for it
    Which makes his resurrection no less problematic. And makes the whole process even MORE suspect and questionable if they rewired his brain to take away his suicidal self-hatred in the process.

Which makes his resurrection no less problematic. And makes the whole process even MORE suspect and questionable if they rewired his brain to take away his suicidal self-hatred in the process.
    I dont see the problem here. He didnt commit suicide; he was murdered. His depression at the time happened due to lack of therapy and lack of support. He presumably has that now and they knew what to pay attention for. I dont see why he should be expected to be in the same mental state he was back when he died considering the world is different. He died at the height of deciMation when many of his friends were killed, which he felt responsible for; most of them are back now.

If by "healing" you mean, "Let himself get manipulated by a radical religious fanatic, murderer, and terrorist, who used all the information he gave him to blow up a bus with a bunch of his friends on board, attack the school killing MORE of his friends, and oh yeah, ALLOWED the same fanatic cut off his wings — his most visible mark of his mutation — and then kill HIM, too."

But Jay was TOTALLY healing all the way to the end.

Also, Jay has a healing factor tied to his wings....somehow. So they'd have to cut them off first.

Sorry, I didn't mean his progress was right before he died, but in general. He was at least making friends, socializing, and seemed to be doing better in New Mutants/X-Men, than when the wounds were fresh. There were still issues below the surface (which helped Stryker manipulate him as you said), likely still had suicidal tendencies, and he definitely ended up with MORE issues in the end, but steps were being taken. I'd say the biggest obstacle was that he didn't get proper support and help, even though his friends did care about him. At least he can get the support he needs now.

But yeah, he has a whole mess of issues that need to be addressed.

Astonishing Member

(...) Hellion got resurrected with his hands back. Leah Williams said on Twitter that he didn't go through the Crucible for his hands, because other people needed to be resurrected first. Xavier was resurrected in a body that lacked his disability, though he did have a similar body before he was assassinated. And considering people have tried to get body edits, or even someone else's body, I find it doubtful that people would just not think about it. (...)
    Once again i have to wonder why he would have even need to go through the crucible to get his hands back? Same for Martha and being a floating brain, being depowerd and all other kind of pyhsical disabilities or problems some characters would still have.

They have terraformed Mars and stole a metal from the center of creation, but apparently giving someone his hands back is so beyond their abilities, that it requires full blown death and respawning to fix.
    Artifical limbs (biological and cybernetic) are dime a dozen even for settings where humanity has barely managed to leave earth, because the principles necessary are so well understood (even if our current technologies and control over biology makes it a subject of fiction). Yet here it seems to be an impossible task for people who can make the laws of physics a massive joke.

Why is the be all end all solution to every problem here in this super nation to get killed and have your memories downloaded into an artifical made clone body?

This is basicly the Kenny situation from the series South Park, where in the episode Coon vs. Coon and Friends said character has grown so much used to dying and waking up again in his bed again, that he considers it easier to just shoot himself than to walk home.

I have plenty of willing suspension of disbelief, but this situation feels like the writers tried to be clever by establishing this revival process, but at the same time constantly give us dumb reason for characters requiring or making use of it, considering all the other options which should not only be possible, but have been shown existing in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    But why is it mechanical and not made from Krakoa bio-tech like everything else mutants use now? Isn't classic mechanic technology so primitively "human" and supposed to be outdated?

Isn't that like someone wearing clothes made of environmentaly friendly produced purely organic fabric and then always using plastic bags for groceries?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    All this talk of clones and nobody mentions poor Joseph who was a nice guy until Astra got her hands on him and made him evil eventually leading to Kwannon beheading him. Dude can’t catch a break after his original heroic sacrifice.
    He is from the late 90's, which Xavier decided to just erase from everyone's memories, for apparently feeling too awkward about it, with everyone only being able to remember anyone from that time when they show up infront of them.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-02-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Once again i have to wonder why he would have even need to go through the crucible to get his hands back? Same for Martha and being a floating brain, being depowerd and all other kind of pyhsical disabilities or problems some characters would still have.

They have terraformed Mars and stole a metal from the center of creation, but apparently giving someone his hands back is so beyond their abilities, that it requires full blown death and respawning to fix.
    Artifical limbs (biological and cybernetic) are dime a dozen even for settings where humanity has barely managed to leave earth, because the principles necessary are so well understood (even if our current technologies and control over biology makes it a subject of fiction). Yet here it seems to be an impossible task for people who can make the laws of physics a massive joke.

Why is the be all end all solution to every problem here in this super nation to get killed and have your memories downloaded into an artifical made clone body?
    You know, Hellion has been asking this ever since he lost his hands, long before Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

You know, Hellion has been asking this ever since he lost his hands, long before Krakoa.
    That only makes it worse. Though at least before i could understand it as being handwaved with the X-men being in constant crisis situations, splintered, under attack, etc. that they never had the time to properly fix everyone's scaring and damage.

But now that they have the wonder island, more money than they can ever spend, everyone on the same boat and doing some major "crazy" power or tech stunts, it really makes no sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That only makes it worse. Though at least before i could understand it as being handwaved with the X-men being in constant crisis situations, splintered, under attack, etc. that they never had the time to properly fix everyone's scaring and damage.

But now that they have the wonder island, more money than they can ever spend, everyone on the same boat and doing some major "crazy" power or tech stunts, it really makes no sense.
    Hell, how many X-Men have received highly-advanced prosthetics that basically function just like their original limbs other than not being biological. For Hellion it's like, "Here, but they're basically limp puppets you have to use your powers on to make them work."

Now that you mention it, Hellion got a raw deal with his prosthetics. Hellion. The guy everyone seems to @#$% on, even when he's doing the right thing or has good points. Either Wolverine was pulling some strings to see his daughter's (ex-)boyfriend suffer, or Julian's straight-up cursed by some supernatural entity.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Did anyone catch the last panel of Way of X? https://twitter.com/Gawdzilla1989/st...746304/photo/1

Looks like someone got his wish.
    My flag is bacon.