Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If anybody, Julian would have made sure to have a full request over his hands put in. It caused him continuous turmoil and he didn't really come to terms until around the wolverine and the x-men era so i'm sure most knew it caused him issues. Karima on the other hand had had her leg for a while and became a symbol for disabled at certain points something Julian character was never attached to in that way and his personality doesn't really support if he had a choice. So it depends on the character and the writer. Seems like a small thing. Most of the time i don't even notice Karmia leg but i always noticed Julian hands so maybe it's subliminal.
    A pissed-off Magneto probably has more to do with Julian's lack of hands than anything else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    People are free to headcanon. If you want to headcanon and can find satisfaction in your answers, that's great. But personally I don't find it believable the way things are now. Headcanon can only go so far and is only so satisfying. Writers need to actually put in work and give the character more to work with when things are lacking. If they did think about it, why did they not go through with it? If they ultimately chose not to, why did they?

I don't see Karma going "I want to keep my disability that doesn't help me, and might actually hinder me at times. I know I've only had it for a short time, but I prefer this robot leg to the real leg I've had all my life." I could see it, but I want the writing to show it.

Sigh. This issue pretty much has been dealt with in Astonishing X-Men 52. Kitty and Xi'an had a conversation about starting to feel old because of the things they had experienced in their lives and Xi'an asked Kitty did she ever wonder what her life would've been like if she hadn't joined the X-men.

Read the issue and maybe you'll understand why Xi'an would decide to keep the leg. Doubt it though.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 09-02-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Sigh. This issue pretty much has been dealt with in Astonishing X-Men 52. Kitty and Xi'an had a conversation about starting to feel old because of the things they had experienced in their lives and Xi'an asked Kitty did she ever wonder what her life would've been like if she hadn't joined the X-men.

Read the issue and maybe you'll understand why Xi'an would decide to keep the leg. Doubt it though.
    I read it and the whole arc just now. What was I supposed to take from it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I read it and the whole arc just now. What was I supposed to take from it?
    Like I said. You wouldn't understand it.

Very helpful, thank you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    karma's robot leg comes with a 5g internet connection, a multi platform charging station for digital devices and a mug warmer for coffee.

Karma's leg doesn't give her any added capability, it's an injury from her war battle that should have been restored when she was resurrected.

It's high time that the writers give her a power boost and get back her unique power signature to distinguish her from other Asians.

Eeh, I thought this was rather anti-climatic. They kill Gabby but then keep it a secret from anyone it would matter to. Where was the berserker war path of the Wolverines. They just ignored where all the emotional weight would be, and then just brought here back like it ain’t no thing. Now I think the no death is interesting, but when they use it like this it ruins it. There still should be an emotional weight to death. It shouldn’t just be like crashing a car and getting a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Karma's leg doesn't give her any added capability, it's an injury from her war battle that should have been restored when she was resurrected.

It's high time that the writers give her a power boost and get back her unique power signature to distinguish her from other Asians.

Karma's power signature is unique and she uses it often. She isnt easily confused her with other Asians

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Karma's power signature is unique and she uses it often. She isnt easily confused her with other Asians
    You have to wonder about some of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There is a huge story waiting to be told (that probably never will) about 'mutant self-loathing' and people like Jay Guthrie, who don't *want* to be mutants, and whether or not they should have the right to 'transition' back to being humans, like they were for the first dozen or so years of their lives.

Plus a whole lotta story about the other Guthries (who aren't Sam). What's Paige up to? What's Melody's actual power ('flight *aura*' sounds more interesting than just 'flight', can she extend it to others and do the Peter Pan thing where all her friends can fly with her?)? What's Jeb's power (not-burny blue lightning-fire, apparently, but that could have been a telepathic effect or a light-illusion, for all I know, not some sort of cold electrical plasma!)? Do the other five kids have powers? Will Elizabeth ever become Amazon, a size-changer like in the Age of Apocalypse? Will the mysterious tenth sibling ever even get a *name?*

Does Lucinda Guthrie (their mom) have the mutant power to support and raise and feed 10 kids as a single parent without going totally mental or suffering a complete mental and physical collapse? Does she get any sort of financial support from Xavier, Paige, Sam, etc.?

Was their 'dead father' secretly Nathaniel Essex, in one of his many guises?
    Mrs Guthrie has a muterus… a mutant uterus.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Spectacular Member

The moment one breathes, and sees the world with their own eyes, feels the breeze on their own skin ... they become their own person and their own soul.
    This whole discussion is useless.
    Maddie was her own being the moment she "started", independent of the ~origin~ of the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If by "healing" you mean, "Let himself get manipulated by a radical religious fanatic, murderer, and terrorist, who used all the information he gave him to blow up a bus with a bunch of his friends on board, attack the school killing MORE of his friends, and oh yeah, ALLOWED the same fanatic cut off his wings — his most visible mark of his mutation — and then kill HIM, too."

But Jay was TOTALLY healing all the way to the end.

Also, Jay has a healing factor tied to his wings....somehow. So they'd have to cut them off first.

Which makes his resurrection no less problematic. And makes the whole process even MORE suspect and questionable if they rewired his brain to take away his suicidal self-hatred in the process.
    But is this like saying a gay teen who hates himself and tries to go through conversion therapy and maybe kills himself/gets killed doesn’t deserve a chance to be back with their loving family and work through their issues? We’ve all (I’m sure) hates an aspect of ourselves and take time to grow to love them, if we get a chance to give people that journey, surely is good and not problematic?

Was going through my marvel encyclopedia and apparently Hope actually does have telekinetic and telepathic powers of her own. The telepathy makes a lio of sense given the connection the five had to her.
    IMG_20210907_064411.jpg
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-07-2021 at 03:53 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/