Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I kinda love that Jimmy, who has traditionally been shoved into the violent X-Force role, actually seems like he's the most dedicated to his teaching gig.

Also loved the 5 taking a stand and showing that they're more than just an instrument of the Council.

Otherwise pretty solid issue.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Could we see Evan in the future? Perhaps someone could convince the Five to once again go behind Charlie's back and rez a precog or two?
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

I cannot see this being worth a whole story to 'overturn' the council unless it will be followed up on in the next couple of months, or at least in Inferno itself. It is interesting to see the 5 once again taking the initiative on something.

Why is there so much hemming and hawing over resurrecting clones? Laura was resurrected after dying in the Vault wasn't she?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As I understand it the situation with Maddie isn't that she didn't have a soul while other clones do, but that she was literally a fragment of Jean's soul. That's a huge difference from clones like Gabby, Evan, and even Laura. That's why Maddie didn't qualify for a resurrection: It's not that she's genetically identical but has her own soul, but that she's genetically identical AND made from fragments of Jean's own psyche.
    If Madeyln is "merely" a rogue fragment of Jean's soul or psyche, doesn't this raises the question why it doesn't seem to have come back to Jean when she died on the Orchis base and was brought back via the Cerebro + clone body mechanic?

After all the implication we got across the titles is that Cerebro doesn't just transfer the memories of those who died, but actively seems to pull their soul back from the afterlife and puts it into the cloned body together with the old memories stored on Cerebro (another reason why Gabby might have remembered that Rhane was partialy responcible for her death).
    Unless that is a natural process when memories are transfered into another body, but that would be a whole other headache to contemplate looking at memory transfer across the Marvel comics.

No to forget the memories still in the brains of dead bodies, if they are restored via certain means like magic, reality warping or techno-organic restoration (necrosha).

However in either case, Madelyn's part of Jean's soul should have come back to her, if it was still defacto a part of her. However given that Madelyn's fragment of Jean's soul has evidently not returned to Jean and fused with her again when she was brought back with Cerebro or previously via things like the phoenix force, would indicate that it's no longer part of Jean but has become it's own indepdent part.

And as mentioned above, any clone develops their own soul the longer they exist by themself, meaning a fragment of a soul taking a life on it's own has the chance to become a full blown individual soul too.

The fact that Jean does not seem to suffer from having once lost part of her soul, but instead seems to have "healed" it away, just further indicates that Madeyln is not that universaly tied to Jean anymore either.

Even if we go by a more pseudo-scientific "psyche" we can come to the same conclusion.

This again points towards towards the posibility that the "no clone" rule as enforced in Hellions after the team had an encounter with Maddie, is not necessary because of the practical and sensible reasons i mentioned before, but merely politics since her return would be awkward to at least two council members at the time (with the more against member still being on it and heavily required).

The same reason could have applied to Evan during Apocalyps's stay on the council.

It's another ticking time bomb overall.

On a side note. 2 issues for Gabby to come back regardless of the rule. I was right on that, but believed they would bypass the 5 by using a different method of reviving her body instead. Did they show what they did to the old one? That one has never been answers from what i could see (unless Prodigy's body farm is now the defacto graveyard?).

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why is there so much hemming and hawing over resurrecting clones? Laura was resurrected after dying in the Vault wasn't she?
    In Laura's case it doesn't count because her DNA was significantly altered from Wolverine's when they fixed the damage in the DNA sample they used to create her. That makes her closer to an artifical daughter or fraternal twin sister of him.

She merely counts as clone because she was made from a cell sample of him, but she is not genetical identical therefor doesn't count for the rule.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-01-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

While the process to create Laura could be lumped under cloning she is not a duplicate of Wolverine. Unless the argument is that she did not need to be resurrected since Gabby (I do not remember if the other clones are alive) is alive, in which case that is interesting. If they both (all) die, which one gets resurrected?

Astonishing Member

Adamantium agenda has her clone status as ?. Because she has more of Sara's DNA in her her clone status is subject. If marvel elaborate on that I could give you a more direct answer. But as of now is both clone and not clone

Extraordinary Member

Rahne being so influenced by Farouk that she doesn't even remember leaving Gabby alone with him is a huge copout. She doesn't have to face the consequences of her actions because it was all Farouk. It renders every point she made about the idea of second chances irrelevant, and it shows that there are no greys or multiple sides. After everything they've been building up, Farouk is just a bad guy who needs to be beaten up.

Mighty Member

It seems that the Shadow king saga is only starting instead of ending.

When are we going to see the conclusion of Karma's brother story and Rahne's son story?

We still haven't seen the resurrection of Karma's brother and yet Gabby is jumping the queue?

Hasnt that already happened? Thats why the team celebrated w her in the last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be honest, I thought the rest of the arc's been clunky, slow and awkward. It felt like Vita Ayala focused on the wrong things and had a lot of pacing issues. But it sounds like it finally got its act together in a big way.
    While Ayala has been great with character moments, the plot is simply not interesting to me. Not a big fan of the cast either.

Makes me wonder how would Ayala fare writing the "big guns"... From the little we saw in CoA I think they would do fine.
    Last edited by ermac; 09-01-2021 at 01:25 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It seems that the Shadow king saga is only starting instead of ending.

When are we going to see the conclusion of Karma's brother story and Rahne's son story?

We still haven't seen the resurrection of Karma's brother and yet Gabby is jumping the queue?
    Gabby jumped the queue for a few reasons that I think we can assume. One of them is the fact that her sister is now one of the X-Men and that her father is one of the two heads of X-Force, while the other is that resurrecting Gabby helped get to the bottom of her murder and to establish the Shadow King as a threat on Krakoa. You can also say it's the Five flexing their muscles in showing that they CAN and WILL revive cloned mutants so long as they a. have their own backups and b. they have the DNA available for them.

It's important to note that Gabby had her scars when she was revived too. This isn't just a Laura body that Gabby was revived into. This is a Gabby body.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    While Ayala has been great with character moments, the plot is simply not interesting to me. Not a big fan of the cast either.

Makes me wonder how would Ayala fare writing the "big guns"... From the little we saw in CoA I think she would do fine.
    Vita Ayala is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 09-01-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's important to note that Gabby had her scars when she was revived too. This isn't just a Laura body that Gabby was revived into. This is a Gabby body.
    And the results of the resurrections continue to be nonsensical (TBH, she shouldn't have them because of her healing factor in the first place).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And the results of the resurrections continue to be nonsensical (TBH, she shouldn't have them because of her healing factor in the first place).
    I have no opinion about how/why Gabby has the scars because I'm unaware but the results of resurrections aren't nonsensical. Elixir is literally editing the DNA they have on file to their specifications. With the case of Gabby, clearly they recreated the scars.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I have no opinion about how/why Gabby has the scars because I'm unaware but the results of resurrections aren't nonsensical. Elixir is literally editing the DNA they have on file to their specifications. With the case of Gabby, clearly they recreated the scars.
    Gabby and Laura have the exact same DNA.