Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Not really. While the physics aren't all-there IRL, Rain Boy's existence makes sense in-universe and has an explanation, and is relatively normal for the setting. We know why and how Martha became a brain in a jar. They play by the rules of the setting. We didn't get an explanation as to why Karma was resurrected without her leg, nor does it make sense for her to want to come back that way. Sometimes these things only make sense because of IRL reasons, like marketing or keeping a character recognizable.

That said, I can see why Laura and Wolverine would at least want to be brought back with them. And Cable #11 implied that they could have gotten rid of his virus, but chose not to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So you don't find it nonsensical that Wolverine and Laura can be brought back with the Adamantium in them? Nothing odd about Karma being brought back without a leg? OG Cable having the TO virus in his system? There is nothing odd with that at all?
    Laura and Logan are pretty easy to explain when you have Magneto on the team. It would be relatively trivial for him to simply reapply the adamantium. Especially for Laura, since it's only her claws. Hell, so long as her body is salvageable they can just grab the claws and implant them into the new (which is what they did when Kimura cut off her arm in X-Force).

I really enjoyed the issue today for the most part. I thought the dialogue was all over the place though. I loved the dialogue with the field trip team/brood encounter but thought the dialogue was too whiny for the Gabby/Shadow King story. Overall I’d say it was a really good issue and RR knocked it out of the park with the art.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Member

I'm still not in love with the story or the art or the new characters, but gosh, can I just geek out over these colors? Wow. Lush vibrant colors!

Other thoughts;

1) The 'resurrecting clones' tempest in a teapot seems silly. It seemed at the time patently obvious that Madelyne wasn't being resurrected because she was a big flaming ball of crazy who wanted to drag the entire world into hell, and that 'uh, we don't resurrect clones?' was an *excuse* they fended Havok off with, evidenced by them turning around and resurrecting the two dead Cuckoo clones, *and* Laura (and possibly others, was Kid Cable a clone?).

It's all clone-a-palooza up on Krakoa Isle, it's only Madelyne who gets the side-eye.

2) I vaguely recall something about a Kree backup plan to grow *another* 'King Egg' if they lost control of the first one, so that they could reclaim control of the Brood Queens. I imagine this could be what is happening now. A new 'Brood King' (probably a Kree one, from a sect that their Space King Teddy doesn't know about) is attempting to retake control, and it's gonna end with a big fight between this new Brood King and Broo, winner take all. (Game of Thrones, Brood edition!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-02-2021 at 04:14 AM.

Boring, very boring without more to add, luckily this week Hellions came out.

The redeemable thing is that they were finally coherent and are taking the clones as separate beings, and that's fine, it is very hypocritical on the part of the council when literally EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN THROUGH THE RESURECTION PROCEDURE are a vulgar clones.

Now go back to Maddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Between this and static shock Vita remains my happy safe place. I had no intentions of getting books today but had preordered this and it was a real treat and also prompted me to support Billy/Wiccan and of course Ewing. Great great reads.

Though my one criticism would be James felt off, a little too naive and like Johnny Bravo.

Attachment 113293
    I sincerely hope this gets addressed in other X-Books. I'm glad Gabby set the precedent. There's just no way the X-Books can be as great without her. Her cuteness factor is just too powerful. And I think it makes more sense to catalog clones as individuals rather than dupes. Gabby and Madelyne Pryor might be clones, but they're still individuals. And they deserve a place on Krakoa. I just hope this sets the stage for Madelyne to return. I actually think she'd get along well with the cast of New Mutants. They would probably be a better influence on her than anyone in Hellions, that's for sure.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Not really. While the physics aren't all-there IRL, Rain Boy's existence makes sense in-universe and has an explanation, and is relatively normal for the setting. We know why and how Martha became a brain in a jar. They play by the rules of the setting. We didn't get an explanation as to why Karma was resurrected without her leg, nor does it make sense for her to want to come back that way. Sometimes these things only make sense because of IRL reasons, like marketing or keeping a character recognizable.

That said, I can see why Laura and Wolverine would at least want to be brought back with them. And Cable #11 implied that they could have gotten rid of his virus, but chose not to.

Operative phrase...chose (not) to.
    Is it so very difficult to believe/headcanon that some characters would actually choose to be resurrected as they were prior to their deaths?
    Again...as (non)sensible as the Resurrection Protocols themselves.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I sincerely hope this gets addressed in other X-Books. I'm glad Gabby set the precedent. There's just no way the X-Books can be as great without her. Her cuteness factor is just too powerful. And I think it makes more sense to catalog clones as individuals rather than dupes. Gabby and Madelyne Pryor might be clones, but they're still individuals. And they deserve a place on Krakoa. I just hope this sets the stage for Madelyne to return. I actually think she'd get along well with the cast of New Mutants. They would probably be a better influence on her than anyone in Hellions, that's for sure.
    Definitely agree that Gabby is the heart of this young generation of mutants. It's a good thing they brought her back before Johnathan the Wolverine found out.

I am in 1000% agreement about Maddie as well. As had been previously stated Jean got the part of her soul back that was missing and it has been clearly stated that Cerebro does not update Dupes so at some point Maddie split into her own person with her own xgene that cerebro backs up. At this point no matter what side people fall on the five would not have specifically mentioned maddies if they cared about soul fragment or thought that someone affected the completion of either Jean or Maddie as individuals. So at this point they are just using that in universe as an excuse to not have to deal with her. Lucky for them there is a long queue, unluckily, that queue will come to those individuals at the back of the list they really don't want to bring back and then it really will look shady. "Why all the people ya'll personally don't like at the back of the queue but i have to smile at sinsister." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

When it comes to limbs and stuff resurrection is so new i don't think anyone has even thought about "if i die i want to have my leg back" so it makes sense the five bring them back as they see themselves or were until they make a personal request which Quentin and cable did.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I hope that if they relaunch the title, that Warlock and Wolfsbane make room for Sunspot and Magma.

And have No-Girl, Cosmar, Rainboy and Gabby be replaced by Surge, Dust, Hellion and Indra. Not as little kids, but as the teenagers they really are.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I hope that if they relaunch the title, that Warlock and Wolfsbane make room for Sunspot and Magma.

And have No-Girl, Cosmar, Rainboy and Gabby be replaced by Surge, Dust, Hellion and Indra. Not as little kids, but as the teenagers they really are.
    Surge, Dust, Hellion, and Indra are the same age as Laura, so would be around 20-21. Indra may be a little younger, but the others SHOULD be young adults, not just teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Is it so very difficult to believe/headcanon that some characters would actually choose to be resurrected as they were prior to their deaths?
    As someone who has lost part of myself in an accident, I accepted what happened. I don't hate myself or have some deep-seated regrets. It happened when I was young, so I've spent most of my life with this. But if I had the chance, I would undo what happened and enjoy an easier life. I legit can't see why anyone would choose to live with a missing limb (unless they have cool cybernetic prosthetics, which Karma doesn't), because it adds nothing at best, and is detracting at worst. I know my experiences aren't universal, but the fact that a lot of people have been commenting it shows that I'm not the only one who's confused.

Why would Karma want to come back with her leg missing? That's something that would need an explanation or some personal realization, because it doesn't make sense in-universe. She's only had that robot leg for 2 years in-universe, at most; she wouldn't be that used to it. I'd be more than fine with her keeping the robot leg if we were given a story arc, or even a good explanation for it. That would feel more genuine to me, it could add layers to her character, and it would fix this plot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    When it comes to limbs and stuff resurrection is so new i don't think anyone has even thought about "if i die i want to have my leg back" so it makes sense the five bring them back as they see themselves or were until they make a personal request which Quentin and cable did.
    Hellion got resurrected with his hands back. Leah Williams said on Twitter that he didn't go through the Crucible for his hands, because other people needed to be resurrected first. Xavier was resurrected in a body that lacked his disability, though he did have a similar body before he was assassinated. And considering people have tried to get body edits, or even someone else's body, I find it doubtful that people would just not think about it.

At any rate, I'd be fine with these characters remaining disabled. For certain characters, it's actually good or important for their character. I just want the writers to do the work and make it believable.

All this talk of clones and nobody mentions poor Joseph who was a nice guy until Astra got her hands on him and made him evil eventually leading to Kwannon beheading him. Dude can’t catch a break after his original heroic sacrifice.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Perhaps they did think about it.

We head-canon nearly everything we don't like about the current era but characters possibly wanting to be resurrected with a disability or "faults" is somehow incomprehensible.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

I'm still waiting on an explanation for why Icarus allowed himself to be resurrected AT ALL considering his whole thing was self-hatred and wanting to die because of his girlfriend.