Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Emma was the star of this issue and she didn't even appear. So good.
    Yeah, and all it took was have her goon use Havok as a weapon and killing any and all hope for Psylocke's daughter to be brought back. I mean sure she couldn't have known he was going to do that specifically but still...she had to have known him well enough to believe he would do something extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Seems to be where we're heading in Inferno she just needs to take out Moira
    She would have to first depower her because she dies it all goes back to zero...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Sinister made it a point to state that her daughter was in digital dna form. She really wasn't a living being.
    If anything I'm a bit disappointed in Kwannon for trusting Sinister to the extent she did and for as long as she did just for a very slim chance that Sinister would remain true to his word. She really should have known better.
    She's digital, but is still alive in some format. (No pun intended.) And theoretically, she can be saved. As for her working with Sinister despite him being sketchy, I would do the same. I know he can't be trusted a bit, but when you're a parent like Kwannon, you're desperate to do anything you can to protect your child.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If that's your definition of "alive". I won't say otherwise.
    I would have been more empathic of Kwannon if he actually had cloned a body for her daughter and she was at least in some fetal form but...no.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I honestly don't feel sorry for her...trusting Sinister was always going to blow up in her face.
    Yeah I don't disagree. It wasn't at all a wise move for her to trust him and here we are.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I felt like not getting this book would be actually punishing myself and i was right. I have to say overall this has as a totality been the most fun i have had with a comic in a can't remember how long. Kudos to the team on this book. this was just sinisterly good.

Oh and SiniTarn is definitely alive as he had a whole "hrrhm" and if he is as powerful as Sinsiter was hoping he definitely survived the explosion. *ninja vanish*
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-01-2021 at 07:18 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I remember originally deciding not to get Hellions because I wanted to limit how many x-books I bought and the cast didn't do much for me outside of Sinister. Then the two X of Swords issues were outstanding, so I bought the first trade, immediately added the comic to my pull list, and have loved every second since. By far my favorite book in the line and this issue continued to live up to high expectations.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    She would have to first depower her because she dies it all goes back to zero...maybe.
    Can't help but having to imagine a scene where Moira gets killed and everyone who knows her secret is looking confused, realising that they still exist and that her claim of how her powers work was not exactly accurate.

Like she can't reboot the universe, she only sends back all her memories to her baby self, essentialy going New Game+. Only this time they actualy bring her back from the dead, reducing this incarnations experienced lifes to the 10, which Destiny told her about.

And that's what starts the whole Ten Lifes/Deaths of Wolverine, where we see what actualy happend to every universe Moira shaped as shown in HOX/POX and the messes she created for mutantkind.

Amazing Member

Inverted Havok was handled pretty inconsistently after Axis -- he seemed to have a moral compass during the end of Bendis' x-men run, and through the bad news of IvX, but then got more twisted during X-men Blue (I could never quite buy the collaboration with Bastion -- on Havok's part or on Emma's part), and then seemed to be "fixed".... but now he becomes a laughing destructive maniac when his fucked up head is tapped back into? I don't get it. I suppose we could bring up his losing a child (that he raised for several years!) in Uncanny Avengers, & that that would make him rather sympathetic in principle to Kwannon's plight, but I'm probably keeping track of too many threads left behind. Havok either has a dozen different brains or no brain left at all.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    Inverted Havok was handled pretty inconsistently after Axis -- he seemed to have a moral compass during the end of Bendis' x-men run, and through the bad news of IvX, but then got more twisted during X-men Blue (I could never quite buy the collaboration with Bastion -- on Havok's part or on Emma's part), and then seemed to be "fixed".... but now he becomes a laughing destructive maniac when his fucked up head is tapped back into? I don't get it. I suppose we could bring up his losing a child (that he raised for several years!) in Uncanny Avengers, & that that would make him rather sympathetic in principle to Kwannon's plight, but I'm probably keeping track of too many threads left behind. Havok either has a dozen different brains or no brain left at all.
    Which, I mean, makes him perfect for Hellions, which is my favorite series going....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Zeb Wells has such amazing comedic timing without disrespecting the title. I don't know how to explain it but there are mediocre writers who try to overdue comedy and turn the book into a joke. I see this a lot with Spiderman and Deadpool writers. And this book has no business being so funny but it is so perfectly executed with the comedy. The right characters have the right voices. This guy has made Tarn infinitely more interesting as well as Mr. Sinister. Sinister is a fucking rockstar now. That part where the woman keeps interrupting Tarn and he says "Speak your last words" was fucking gold. And then Nanny saying he's a terrible father. LMFAO.
    Total agreement. I was reading Spiderman’s Sinister War event, and have found the big villain Kindred to be a bore, even though he’s been a major villain with several important events.

Comparatively, Tarn has very few appearances, and yet Wells makes him pop off the page.

Emma Frost- "Trust me Mr Sinister you're not that guy. You're not that guy"

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Can't help but having to imagine a scene where Moira gets killed and everyone who knows her secret is looking confused, realising that they still exist and that her claim of how her powers work was not exactly accurate.

Like she can't reboot the universe, she only sends back all her memories to her baby self, essentialy going New Game+. Only this time they actualy bring her back from the dead, reducing this incarnations experienced lifes to the 10, which Destiny told her about.

And that's what starts the whole Ten Lifes/Deaths of Wolverine, where we see what actualy happend to every universe Moira shaped as shown in HOX/POX and the messes she created for mutantkind.
    That could still happen if they plan to keep Krakoa around, i mean we are still waiting for the battle against NIMROD, the CotV, Orchis, Peacock man's forces, that dude who got pissed they got to Mars first, that other dude who is trying to figure out why they don't stay dead, the old plant ladies whose name i forget, possibly Tarn...wow we are really behind in the conflict department aren't we if we haven't seen that yet aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That could still happen if they plan to keep Krakoa around, i mean we are still waiting for the battle against NIMROD, the CotV, Orchis, Peacock man's forces, that dude who got pissed they got to Mars first, that other dude who is trying to figure out why they don't stay dead, the old plant ladies whose name i forget, possibly Tarn...wow we are really behind in the conflict department aren't we if we haven't seen that yet aren't we?
    Hordeculture is the name you are forgetting.

This issue was great but so far that’s been every issue of Hellions.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

really enjoyed this issue. remains one of the best x books.
    if i had to guess havok and empath were the actual spys emma and the council used to keep an eye on sinister and kwannon was used as a decoy to make him slip up. someone for him to try take advantage of because of what she wants.