Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Zeb Wells has such amazing comedic timing without disrespecting the title. I don't know how to explain it but there are mediocre writers who try to overdue comedy and turn the book into a joke. I see this a lot with Spiderman and Deadpool writers. And this book has no business being so funny but it is so perfectly executed with the comedy. The right characters have the right voices. This guy has made Tarn infinitely more interesting as well as Mr. Sinister. Sinister is a fucking rockstar now. That part where the woman keeps interrupting Tarn and he says "Speak your last words" was fucking gold. And then Nanny saying he's a terrible father. LMFAO.
    Those were indeed great lines.

When this book was announced, I was like 'hard pass' because I really had zero desire to read about Wild Child and Greycrow and friggin' Nanny and the Orphanmaker, but holy crap, I love all these messed-up weirdos right now, and especially how he takes the most ridiculous characters, and then puts them up against the likes of Sinister, who just out-camps Dr. Frankenfurter in this book, and then there's Tarn, who says, 'Your dials go to 11? Oh no, Imma take this straight to thirty...' because he's just that crazy.

Still, the pacing, sometimes a little iffy. When Empath triggered Havok to blow, Sinister and Psylocke, each with their own reasons to stop him, just stand around and watch for an entire page, which may have only represented a few seconds, in-story, but *felt* like a freaking eternity. Either of them could have shut down Havok directly, or Empath first and then tried to talk Havok down, but they sort of stood around shouting 'Noooooo...' like they were in a Bounty commercial.

This issue was spectacular in every way, I thinkTarn its design is between ridiculous and bizarre, it seems that a pair of giant testicles hang around his face x_X.

Greycrow WOW AMAZING.

Poor Havok is a mere tool constantly, and Psylocke Kwanon could feel her sadness at the end of the issue.

I need to see how this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Those were indeed great lines.

When this book was announced, I was like 'hard pass' because I really had zero desire to read about Wild Child and Greycrow and friggin' Nanny and the Orphanmaker, but holy crap, I love all these messed-up weirdos right now, and especially how he takes the most ridiculous characters, and then puts them up against the likes of Sinister, who just out-camps Dr. Frankenfurter in this book, and then there's Tarn, who says, 'Your dials go to 11? Oh no, Imma take this straight to thirty...' because he's just that crazy.
    omgosh, yes!! i was just thinking how sinister is like every tim curry/alan rickman badguy rolled into one, ESPECIALLY Dr. Frank N Furter. (Does that make Greycrow RiffRaff?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    This issue was spectacular in every way, I thinkTarn its design is between ridiculous and bizarre, it seems that a pair of giant testicles hang around his face x_X.

Greycrow WOW AMAZING.

Poor Havok is a mere tool constantly, and Psylocke Kwanon could feel her sadness at the end of the issue.

I need to see how this continues.
    My heart to Kwannon! I'd be homicidal if someone erased my digital photos of my kid...l can't imagine watching your child's digital soul erased. Krakoan era is pushing the concept of what makes a person a person, who deserves life, who decides who lives and who dies. Maddie as a clone, AI society/life, and Kwannon's "code" child.

If someone had the foresight (coughEmmacough) to back-up Kwannon's kid, that's even worse than what Sinister did by holding the child hostage. BC then they've manipulated Kwannon into enabling Sinister to commit atrocities that they were supposedly trying to prevent, which would also be entrapment.

Is Kwannon's daughter human, or mutant? Since the council said "no human resurrections" after Wanda died, I wonder that relying on Sinister to resurrect her was Kwannon's only option.

Anyway, I am ready for the Council to be fed a heaping pile of their own hubris the same way Greycrow fed Sick Bird's dismembered arm to Amino Fetus. All power to the people. Vive la Revolution. Do you hear the people sing? Singing a song of angry men?

One more thing: a green-faced mercenary zealot named "Susan" is hilarious.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As much as I'm enjoying the witty and loquacious banter...I was really hoping for more action and fighting between the LV and the Hellions, this issue. For some reason, they always seem to be either running for their lives or suffering a beatdown...which is a thing, yes but...it would have been fun to see them cut loose against the LV.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    She did what needed to be done! That omega level sinister clone, chimera whatever would literally destroy everything they have built soo far if making Alex go beserk can stop that afterall it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission in certain instances and in this she was right. The only fall out is the apparent loss of kwannon's daughter but knowing Emma she planned for that as well.
    BAD66AF8-DF0A-4D7C-8EE6-82305E3E7653.jpg

Come thru, Miss Frost! Glad to see Emma taking her job seriously, since no one else on the Council seems to be. She was brought in to help shepherd the future for mutantkind, and it’s good to see that she’d rather risk being hated than stand by and allow Krakoa to go the way of Genosha. Beast does the dirty work that blows up in everyone’s faces, but Emma does the dirty work that keeps the future rolling.

Good for her. Also, as fun as he may be, it’s well past time Sinister was put down and forgotten about for a while. Or at least cut loose from Krakoa. He isn’t a mutant - at least, he never was until recently… - and he has NEVER had mutantkinds best interests at heart. He doesn’t belong on the Council, and this run proves it. When Inferno is over, Emma and Mags should just run the show with the Captains and let that be that…

This is such a cool book. It is like a modern day Marvel Horror Comic.

Confused about if Empath was acting on his own accord or if Emma had processed him (can she even do that?) Empath is clearly irredeemable. That is a good thing - keep some characters evil.

Hopefully Greycrow, Havok, and Orphan Maker come out of this "fixed".

I want to see Nanny without the Armor.

I want to see more of the OG Hellions. Roulette needs some character development.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I want to see Nanny without the Armor.
    There was a post-resurrection shot of her arm that made her look African-American (and she has been referred to as an 'old lady'), but I'm not sure if that was just the coloring in that room... I kinda do and do not want to see her, at this point, because the Nanny in my head is an old black grandma, and anything else is gonna disappoint.

I want to see more of the OG Hellions. Roulette needs some character development.
    Yeah. I'm interested in seeing what's up with Jetstream, actually.

Pre-Krakoa, Emma had to implant a bunch of cyborg parts to allow him to channel his powers to fly, but post-resurrection, he *shouldn't* have any of that, unless Forge has recreated it for him (or, more logically, built him a costume that allows him to channel his powers safely, instead of ripping out organs and modifying limbs!).

Or will it be like all of the other people who get resurrected and mysteriously go back to whatever messed up hack jobs they used to have to put up with, ignoring the very easy fixes for their various situations...

How are sales for this book? It really is great and I can't praise or enough.

I absolutely love this book, S.W.O.R.D., Way of X, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Men and Wolverine. Would love to see a new member or 2. Maybe Russell from The Limbo Babies. He's a speedster which would a good addition to the team.

Astonishing Member

This makes me a little curious, since we know Sinister knows more than he is letting on,(going as far back as the Xavier recruitment of him)could we surmise by way of his Red Diamond gossip that he is privy to Moira's secrets too?.. If he knows, how much does Emma know? The issue of Emma being in Arbor magna to resurrect Xavier in WoX5 , got me wondering that Xavier cannot be that naive not to foresee that his secrets can't be safe with Emma,Jean or even Exodus involved in his resurrection. My assumption is his true copy with the secrets is as secluded as Moira and these doppelgangers are just that -husks with selected memories, leaving all the classified data streams out from prying minds.Otherwise there is no way the rest of the telepaths on the council are clueless.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This makes me a little curious, since we know Sinister knows more than he is letting on,(going as far back as the Xavier recruitment of him)could we surmise by way of his Red Diamond gossip that he is privy to Moira's secrets too?.. If he knows, how much does Emma know? The issue of Emma being in Arbor magna to resurrect Xavier in WoX5 , got me wondering that Xavier cannot be that naive not to foresee that his secrets can't be safe with Emma,Jean or even Exodus involved in his resurrection. My assumption is his true copy with the secrets is as secluded as Moira and these doppelgangers are just that -husks with selected memories, leaving all the classified data streams out from prying minds.Otherwise there is no way the rest of the telepaths on the council are clueless.
    It would make *total* sense for Sinister to be sending to Council meetings a clone of himself that lacks very specific memories as to what shenanigans he is up to, since various telepaths present have more or less ethics when it comes to ripping information out of people's heads. (Emma? Few, if any, less where Sinister is concerned. Xavier? Enough of a reputation as ethical to not want to get caught. Exodus? Less than you'd think.)

Then again, said telepaths seem to be unable or unwilling to read the minds of Shaw or Mystique, who have all the ability to block an alpha telepath like Emma or Exodus or Xavier as a wet tissue has of stopping a speeding train...

I kind of think that the whole 'why don't the telepaths just read people's minds?' thing is right up there on the pile of stuff the writers are furiously ignoring like 'why doesn't Elixir heal his friends?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would make *total* sense for Sinister to be sending to Council meetings a clone of himself that lacks very specific memories as to what shenanigans he is up to, since various telepaths present have more or less ethics when it comes to ripping information out of people's heads. (Emma? Few, if any, less where Sinister is concerned. Xavier? Enough of a reputation as ethical to not want to get caught. Exodus? Less than you'd think.)

Then again, said telepaths seem to be unable or unwilling to read the minds of Shaw or Mystique, who have all the ability to block an alpha telepath like Emma or Exodus or Xavier as a wet tissue has of stopping a speeding train...

I kind of think that the whole 'why don't the telepaths just read people's minds?' thing is right up there on the pile of stuff the writers are furiously ignoring like 'why doesn't Elixir heal his friends?'
    Well I kind of see your point that it is an absolute intentional plot contrivance at this point.I hope the writers do give brain cells some credit to reveal that Xavier thought of some sort of 'firewall'/contingency. I mean for me a possibility that QC telepaths out of decorum do not read each other's thoughts is pretty acceptable even if threadbare excuse(especially with Emma who is always depicted as especially nosy) but at this point by showing 3 telepaths resurrecting and parsing Xavier's thoughts in WoX5 and expecting that Xavier still has everyone fooled is stretching credulity imo.

Astonishing Member

Leave it to Nanny to find the best words to describe Tarn as the creator of beings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    BAD66AF8-DF0A-4D7C-8EE6-82305E3E7653.jpg

Come thru, Miss Frost! Glad to see Emma taking her job seriously, since no one else on the Council seems to be. She was brought in to help shepherd the future for mutantkind, and it’s good to see that she’d rather risk being hated than stand by and allow Krakoa to go the way of Genosha. Beast does the dirty work that blows up in everyone’s faces, but Emma does the dirty work that keeps the future rolling.

Good for her. Also, as fun as he may be, it’s well past time Sinister was put down and forgotten about for a while. Or at least cut loose from Krakoa. He isn’t a mutant - at least, he never was until recently… - and he has NEVER had mutantkinds best interests at heart. He doesn’t belong on the Council, and this run proves it. When Inferno is over, Emma and Mags should just run the show with the Captains and let that be that…
    Emma has been hinting she knows about Moira, even naming a hospital after her.

And now she destroyed Sinister’s Chimera project and his digital copy of Kwannon’s daughter.

It’s possible she either found out on her own or it’s possible Moira told her.

Sinister was only on the council because he had stored every mutant’s DNA. That this Sinister is now a mutant came secondary.

All-New Member

This this a thousand times