Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Zeb Wells deserves the flagship book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    omgosh, yes!! i was just thinking how sinister is like every tim curry/alan rickman badguy rolled into one, ESPECIALLY Dr. Frank N Furter. (Does that make Greycrow RiffRaff?)

My heart to Kwannon! I'd be homicidal if someone erased my digital photos of my kid...l can't imagine watching your child's digital soul erased. Krakoan era is pushing the concept of what makes a person a person, who deserves life, who decides who lives and who dies. Maddie as a clone, AI society/life, and Kwannon's "code" child.

If someone had the foresight (coughEmmacough) to back-up Kwannon's kid, that's even worse than what Sinister did by holding the child hostage. BC then they've manipulated Kwannon into enabling Sinister to commit atrocities that they were supposedly trying to prevent, which would also be entrapment.

Is Kwannon's daughter human, or mutant? Since the council said "no human resurrections" after Wanda died, I wonder that relying on Sinister to resurrect her was Kwannon's only option.

Anyway, I am ready for the Council to be fed a heaping pile of their own hubris the same way Greycrow fed Sick Bird's dismembered arm to Amino Fetus. All power to the people. Vive la Revolution. Do you hear the people sing? Singing a song of angry men?

One more thing: a green-faced mercenary zealot named "Susan" is hilarious.
    Nah Psylocke isn't the sharpest tool in the shed ,that is what making deals with Sinister gets you and what's worse is she must know his MO of serialising himself, so you can never make deals with him as the Sinister you made a deal with yesterday may (rather definitely)not be the one you ask to honour the deal today...literally. Problem is Emma is not the kind to vouch for her getting her daughter back either.Maybe Exodus could help her ,since he'd like nothing better than point out Sinister's dishonour to mutantdom all the more by righting this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Nah Psylocke isn't the sharpest tool in the shed ,that is what making deals with Sinister gets you and what's worse is she must know his MO of serialising himself, so you can never make deals with him as the Sinister you made a deal with yesterday may (rather definitely)not be the one you ask to honour the deal today...literally. Problem is Emma is not the kind to vouch for her getting her daughter back either.Maybe Exodus could help her ,since he'd like nothing better than point out Sinister's dishonour to mutantdom all the more by righting this wrong.
    You see making a deal, I see someone out of options. That’s how Sinny gets ya! Gambit and Kwannon should trade notes.

Also he knows he’s pushing Kwannon to the breaking point. He wrote about it in his gossip column. Frost may have been manipulating Manny and Alex, but now Sinister got a katana blade up his sleeve and it cuts both ways.

Ultimate Member

Nah Psylocke isn't the sharpest tool in the shed ,that is what making deals with Sinister gets you
    Eh, it's a flaw she shares with Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Emma, Jean, Storm, etc. who all also allowed him on the Quiet Council when they really had zero need for him. (They had multiple time travellers, multiple reality manipulators, multiple healers, some of them omega class, if they wanted DNA, they'd bloody well get it, or make it, or go back in time and fetch it by hand.)

The premise of Krakoa is built on letting people like Sinister, Selene, Shaw, Shadow King, Sabertooth, etc. that nobody really 'trusts' have enough rope to hang themselves. They are being given a *chance* to play nice, but I doubt anyone is naive enough to expect all of them to tow the line, even if Xavier hopes that at least *some* 'ex-villains' find a better path, even if it's lower tier baddies like Black Tom, Blob, Frenzy, Peeper and Tempo, and the occasional powerhouse like Proteus.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With the other ultra-baddies on the QC I can see how Xavier and Erik would have given them the chance to help rather than hinder as their personalities lean towards "honour in their word" (yes, even Mystique).

They really cut off their heads with Sinister, though. As he's been playing them ALL for fools since inception. Xavier thought he had mind-manipulated Essex into towing the line but...jokes on him. I do want to see the moment when he and Erik and Moira do realise that particular error in judgement. It could be an engaging page or two.

Thank the Goddess Emma is not so trusting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With the other ultra-baddies on the QC I can see how Xavier and Erik would have given them the chance to help rather than hinder as their personalities lean towards "honour in their word" (yes, even Mystique).

They really cut off their heads with Sinister, though. As he's been playing them ALL for fools since inception. Xavier thought he had mind-manipulated Essex into towing the line but...jokes on him. I do want to see the moment when he and Erik and Moira do realise that particular error in judgement. It could be an engaging page or two.

Tbh Moira did warn Xavier and Mags lol and she also warned them about Emma.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Emma will stab you in the face (not the back) and you would realise it was for your own good and send her a case of Cristal as a "thank you."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Moira was kissed in her notes Xavier and Magneto decided to collaborate with Sinister, as the mutant Sinister himself was a chimera appearing decades earlier. Moira always thought poorly of this. Xavier and Magneto apparently didn’t listen to her concerns on this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Eh, it's a flaw she shares with Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Emma, Jean, Storm, etc. who all also allowed him on the Quiet Council when they really had zero need for him. (They had multiple time travellers, multiple reality manipulators, multiple healers, some of them omega class, if they wanted DNA, they'd bloody well get it, or make it, or go back in time and fetch it by hand.)

The premise of Krakoa is built on letting people like Sinister, Selene, Shaw, Shadow King, Sabertooth, etc. that nobody really 'trusts' have enough rope to hang themselves. They are being given a *chance* to play nice, but I doubt anyone is naive enough to expect all of them to tow the line, even if Xavier hopes that at least *some* 'ex-villains' find a better path, even if it's lower tier baddies like Black Tom, Blob, Frenzy, Peeper and Tempo, and the occasional powerhouse like Proteus.
    Or they could have all figured why do all that work. Let Sinister on the QC and one of can check him. And Emma did. It’s all good!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

In broad strokes I agree, but Apocalypse did not pick the council, Magneto and Xavier did, they went to Sinister because they think by deferring to him they stroke his ego whilst thinking they have Sinister under their thumb and we the readers know their hubris is pulling wool over their eyes( he was onto them from day one) My point about Psylocke is she has absolutely no leverage to even attempt to make a deal with Sinister.I know she is desperate and going to extreme lengths out of compassion, but going by that excuse, for her to expect any sympathy from Sinister on the grounds that she begged him for help is just stupid.

Ultimate Member

In broad strokes I agree, but Apocalypse did not pick the council, Magneto and Xavier did, they went to Sinister because they think by deferring to him they stroke his ego whilst thinking they have Sinister under their thumb and we the readers know their hubris is pulling wool over their eyes (he was onto them from day one) My point about Psylocke is she has absolutely no leverage to even attempt to make a deal with Sinister. I know she is desperate and going to extreme lengths out of compassion, but going by that excuse, for her to expect any sympathy from Sinister on the grounds that she begged him for help is just stupid.
    It at least feels as desperate and hope-filled and not-quite-rational as one would kind of expect and understand from a mom, regarding her child.

In the case of Magneto and Xavier, 'keeping their enemies close' and then not doing a damned thing to actually check-and-balance them (counting on people like Emma to try and do so on her own), it comes off as hopelessly naive.

I'm less inclined to blame her for acting from a place of emotion, rather than cold reason, in this sort of situation. It feels appropriately human and 'real,' even if it is kind of hopeless to expect compassion or empathy from the likes of Sinister.