Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Extraordinary Member

Barring Flatline (whom is brand new), Robin has had quite the number of lesser known characters so far.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Are there Superverse characters (not Kryptonians), or are they all like children throwing punches in the air?
    Sam Lane, John Henry Irons, John Corben, Zod, Ursa, and Lara Van-El are/were in the military. Lois as an army brat learned something, but I don't remember. Luthor as mentioned before knows karate both in Post Crisis and New 52 version

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Barring Flatline (whom is brand new), Robin has had quite the number of lesser known characters so far.
    recycled nightwing rouges
    Constaine Drakon (is a green arrow villain)
    Ricahrd Dragon JR
    Tigress

I really didn't notice some of these

The J-man

Haven't revisited this thread in a while. definitely one of my favorite thread I've made.

quick reminder for the tiers:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

with that being said, here's how I'm breaking down the tiers.

SS Tier (God Tier) "martial arts is my superpower." more than a legend, this tier is for fighters that effectively transcend traditional martial arts and have reached a point where their combat ability are effectively metahuman or mystical in status.

S Tier (Legendary Tier) this tier is for characters that have skills beyond reasonable human ability and can reliably tangle with certain metahumans. these fighters are the "meta" of the DC martial arts world, meaning their skills are the stuff of legend that set the bar for martial arts in the DC universe.

A Tier (Master Tier) these individuals have a distinct fighting style and are athletes operating at the peak of human ability. These are masters of their respective martial arts disciplines and can typically produce capable fighters as pupils. from this tier onward guns become nearly irrelevant.

B Tier (Elite Tier) these are exceptional combatants that possess combat skills that are leagues ahead of the average fighter. those in this tier are typically near-peak level athletes, relative to an olympian.

C Tier (Very Good Tier) these are the above-average fighters. typically hardened from experience and can handle most henchmen and street-level threats with no problem. these characters possess above-average physicality and while guns pose a threat, they're not a significant threat.

D Tier (Decent/Upper Brawler Tier) these are typically self-taught or undisciplined fighters who still know how to handle themselves in a fight.

characters that have abilities that do not compliment or factor into their martial arts, or have powers that make their martial arts largely irrelevant, are not eligible for the tier rankings. For example, Midnighter, Deathstroke and Duke Thomas all have superhuman enhancements that factor directly into (and do not take away from) their martial arts prowess; whereas characters like Superman, Black Lightning and Wonder Woman have powers that, more or less, make their martial arts skill irrelevant most of the time.
    I've been thinking on it recently and after his series I think Damian maybe have moved up a few notches than I originally thought. I originally had him around high B tier but I think it's safe to say he's graduated to the A tier conversation. I'd have him usurp Green Arrow's place at #13 and have Olivier (with his bow) be unranked. I'm probably gonna post a full list of my new rankings soon so feel free to throw out any names for consideration.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-06-2022 at 07:59 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I would've used Shiva for S-Tier, but I understand the Ben love .

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Are there Superverse characters (not Kryptonians), or are they all like children throwing punches in the air?
    REalistically? pretty much every Kryptonian military character should be at least D, maybe as high as A.