Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    The old, short grandmaster from the All-Caste. She had some unique abilities, including immortality.
    Has any other book acknowledged the All caste, I can’t take stock in somthing the rest of the DCunivere doesn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batman know an instant take down that is two fingers in the forehead. He demonstrated in the nee 53 Batman and Robin series
    I had assume it was a technique using chi
    There was a similar technique in Batman: TAS which was described as using pressure points to interrupt the opponent's chi, but it did not require the user to be able to manipulate their own chi.

I'd say Batman and Cassandra Cain (Batgirl). But maybe Batwoman should be included as well -in her first comic book encounter with Batman, she was able to hit him first, with a technic created by herself, and really surprised him.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Where would Fruit Bat (from the first Batgirl arc during Rebirth) go?

oh, she seems like she's nice with it!

hmmm thats a tough one. based off Barbara's reaction to seeing her in action, and the years of experience under her belt, I would guess she's no lower than high B tier. depending on how good that Harajuku Girl-looking girl was and any other feats she could be low Master tier.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Has any other book acknowledged the All caste, I can’t take stock in somthing the rest of the DCunivere doesn’t
    I know they've been mentioned a couple times outside of RHaTO, but only exclusively in relation to Jason. However, Essense and Jason's use of the All-Blades have made appearances outside of Jason's book, and considering the All-Caste themselves have been more fleshing out than some of the well-known fighters have in recent years, I think that's enough to recognize them as a legitimate martial arts institution like the League of Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    There was a similar technique in Batman: TAS which was described as using pressure points to interrupt the opponent's chi, but it did not require the user to be able to manipulate their own chi.
    I'm curious which characters are known to utilize Chi/Qi techniques? i know:

I-Ching is probably the most prolific user

Bronze Tiger is known to use Chi and other esoteric techniques

Richard Dragon (r.i.p) was taught Chi techniques by Bronze Tiger I believe

Kenan Kong's powers (despite not being a traditional martial artist) derive from his use of his Qi and he's essentially the successor of I-Ching's Qi techniques.

who else is there?
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-04-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not really, he was a teen when he started to train, and meta humans were not really a thing when he started as Robin.

Honestly with the kind of monasty he joined, it doesn't make much sense that he is that good.
    You are forgetting the Teen Titans. Aqualad, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, all are meta / Atlantians / amazons.
    Also, they all look very young when they first formed the first iteration of the Teen Titans (not the NTT, in which they were all older).
    RCO001_1468948665.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    You are forgetting the Teen Titans. Aqualad, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, all are meta / Atlantians / amazons.
    Notn sure they were training that much back than, and that would have anyway been when he was in his mid teens, and not when he was a child...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Bronze Tiger is known to use Chi and other esoteric techniques

Richard Dragon (r.i.p) was taught Chi techniques by Bronze Tiger I believe
    IIRC Richard Dragon had originally some talisman that gave him Chi Powers (and back than Bronze Tiger was his support character and not his trainer and didn't had any Chi Powers).

The Chi powers were not a thing any more in post crisis.

And the only era i can think of were Bronze Tiger had powers that went past mundane martial arts was his phase as a weretiger in the new52.

Everytime there is a ranking about DCU figthers, I say the same thing: Hawkman and Hawkwoman should be, considering their backgrounds and mythology if not their feats, in the list. It just don't make sense for them not to.

They have thousands of lives as warriors to draw experience, training and knowledge from, they have more training than Ra's, Batman or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Also, they all look very young when they first formed the first iteration of the Teen Titans (not the NTT, in which they were all older).
    RCO001_1468948665.jpg
    Dick's already in my rankings, Garth and Wally both fall into the category of characters who's powers more or less make any martial arts training they may or may not have irrelevant. the Wonder Girl are in a similar boat but since they aren't as powerful as Diana I guess I can rank them; Donna being a strong A tier and Cassie probably being a strong B to low A. both likely unranked but Donna may be worthy of a rank just shy of a top 10 placement.

currently following:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Notn sure they were training that much back than, and that would have anyway been when he was in his mid teens, and not when he was a child...
    Okay, so he trained with Batman starting from age 8-12 (the age changes between different iterations, but that's more or less the range), and then with and against metas since he was about 14-15 (in the first Robin/Kid Flash/Aquadlad collaboration in the Brave & the Bold #54, they were fighting Mr Twister), so that's still more or less 14 years of experience against metas, and longer training with just Batman.

Incredible Member

Dick's already in my rankings, Garth and Wally both fall into the category of characters who's powers more or less make any martial arts training they may or may not have irrelevant. the Wonder Girl are in a similar boat but since they aren't as powerful as Diana I guess I can rank them; Donna being a strong A tier and Cassie probably being a strong B to low A. both likely unranked but Donna may be worthy of a rank just shy of a top 10 placement.
    Oh, I was technically answering to someone else, but I think it's cool to rank the Amazons.
    They are super-powered, but even with no powers, their training is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Everytime there is a ranking about DCU figthers, I say the same thing: Hawkman and Hawkwoman should be, considering their backgrounds and mythology if not their feats, in the list. It just don't make sense for them not to.

They have thousands of lives as warriors to draw experience, training and knowledge from, they have more training than Ra's, Batman or anyone else.
    the Hawks are a hard one because, like Mr. Terrific and Duke Thomas, I want to put them higher than I feasibly feel comfortable placing them. I would love to put them in the S tier tbh, given their lifetimes of experiences with martial arts on earth and through space and time, but portrayal wise I don't see them beating out some of the higher A tiers like Bruce, Dick, or Dinah; so i gotta keep them there. some impressive wins over the right characters or a super impressive pupil could push them into that S/Legendary tier.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-04-2021 at 11:42 AM.

currently following:

the Hawks are a hard one because, like Mr. Terrific and Duke Thomas, I want to put them higher than I feasibly feel comfortable placing them. I would love to put them in the S tier tbh, given their lifetimes of experiences with martial arts on earth and through space and time, but portrayal wise I don't see them beating out some of the higher A tiers like Bruce, Dick, or Dinah; so i gotta keep them there. some impressive wins over the right characters or a supee impressive pupil could push them into that S/Legendary tier.
    You are right, they do lack feats and the consistent portrayal as the great hand to hand fighters they should logically be.

Mighty Member

White Canary?

She's a notch above Black Canary for me.