Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

You know what? I'm starting to think that Spencer might had wanted to retcon Sins Past and get to OMD - that's how everything was set up.

But then, he leaves Marvel, story had to be shortened and rewritten, or something like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Of course OMD can be reconned, almost any fictional story can . Will they and ( or) should they? Those are different questions. Easy example: ASM 122. Norman got impaled by the Goblin Glider and years later he was brought back.
    No because they can't retcon a decade+ of Spider-comics.No writer can.
    Best they can do is that they are made aware and married down the line.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Does Spencer have Substack that he updates? I imagine we will begin hearing about it once that starts getting its feet off the ground.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    You know what? I'm starting to think that Spencer might had wanted to retcon Sins Past and get to OMD - that's how everything was set up.

But then, he leaves Marvel, story had to be shortened and rewritten, or something like that.
    As long as he gets the Sins Past retcon of it's a win.
    There is so much set-up for OMD that even if the leak is true both MJ and Strange know and the next run after beyond deals with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    if the leak is true both MJ and Strange know and the next run after beyond deals with that.
    What's the leak? Or can you send me a link to it?

Honestly I will be disappointed if Kindred is not Harry in some shape or form. I have defended Spencer from the start but this is too much if it is true.
    All the hints point out to Harry and him being a demon. That OMD flashback, complaining to Peter about not telling him truth about his dad, visting the ambulance he died in.
    Like Sins past is controversial but Gwen being with Norman is not as pressing as the can of worms opened in ASM#72. Gwen sleeping with Norman can just be explained with her being a woman with a free choice and all. Like women get sugar daddies all the time so it can really be just explained and as such it wasnt really something that really needed to be retconned.

Whatever happens, it all depends on where Harry is currently. I just hope Kindred really is Harry or atleast a manifestation of Peter's guilt, sins or Pre-OMD Peter.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    What's the leak? Or can you send me a link to it?
    Here you are, mate. The first one has leaks in the form of the text (posts with a green font).

LINK 1

and the second one has leaks in the form of the Bleeding Cools scans from TASM #73

LINK 2

The original source of the images is here

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to blame Nick Spencer for something that might not be true. It seems like an out of nowhere swerve that hasn't been set up in previous issues, which goes against Nick Spencer's earlier approach.
    In fairness, one could argue that were some clues pointing towards this during Nick Spencer's run. For instance:

spoilers:
    *Kindred never wore the same color trenchcoat. Sometimes it was all purple, other times it was brownish-tan. That, in hindsight, was a visual cue that Kindred was actually two different people.
    *Also, Mysterio saying he died, went to Hell, and came back to life was already retconned by Dan Slott prior to Spencer even coming onto the book. The explanation was that "It's Mysterio. He fakes his death all the time." Having Kindred turn the tables on him makes it delicious irony.
    *If Kindred was a back-from-the-dead Harry, then how was there a Harry Osborn still alive and well? Odds now seem that he's definitely a clone.
    *Also, if Kindred has supernatural powers, then what does he need with the Chameleon Serum? That should've been seen as our first big clue that Kindred being a demon from Hell was all smoke and mirrors.
    *Doc Ock using Ant-Man's helmet to disable the centipedes implanted in the villain's ears? Very much tech based. Because if the centipedes were supernatural, why would they be affected by technology?
    end of spoilers

Basically, it looks as though Nick Spencer used One More Day as a massive red herring, spoilers:
    while ironically resolving it at the same time. Because if turns out that Kindred really are Gabriel and Sarah Stacy and thus this was all to retcon Sins Past, that means their pretending to be Harry resurrected from Hell wound up being too successful. Because by Peter going to Doctor Strange for help during "Last Remains," it means Strange wound up uncovering the Mephisto deal with Peter and MJ by accident.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by stillanerd; 09-05-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    No because they can't retcon a decade+ of Spider-comics.No writer can.
    Best they can do is that they are made aware and married down the line.
    I cannot disagree with you more. If it is not erased Peter cannot and as much as I hate to say it should not be married to MJ. In fact, that mistake sentences his soul to Hell with no hope of redemption ( a Johnny Blaze of the 21st Century). Basically erasing all the good Spider-Man has done in his career. For that reason I have considered OMD a worse outcome then Quesada just giving MJ the Gwen treatment and calling it a day ( this from a hard core MJ fan). I will also add this. Ever since that dreadful comic came out, Peter has been a loser. either as a man child with Slott or a Pathetic Parker/Damsel In Distress with Spencer. I am sick of it. I walked away from Spider-Man because I realized nothing will change with Slott and if Spencer ends up doing nothing I will walk away and not come back. Especially because I see Marvel doing the same BS with the Beyond multiple writers just like BND multiple writers after JMS left and we were stuck with OMD. I got fooled with Spencer I am not being fooled again
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-05-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by edwardmetalwing View Post
    Honestly I will be disappointed if Kindred is not Harry in some shape or form. I have defended Spencer from the start but this is too much if it is true.
    All the hints point out to Harry and him being a demon. That OMD flashback, complaining to Peter about not telling him truth about his dad, visting the ambulance he died in.
    Like Sins past is controversial but Gwen being with Norman is not as pressing as the can of worms opened in ASM#72. Gwen sleeping with Norman can just be explained with her being a woman with a free choice and all. Like women get sugar daddies all the time so it can really be just explained and as such it wasnt really something that really needed to be retconned.

Whatever happens, it all depends on where Harry is currently. I just hope Kindred really is Harry or atleast a manifestation of Peter's guilt, sins or Pre-OMD Peter.
    The worst part is that they could retcon Sins Past but also revoke OMD at the same time, but due to editoring they chose to take care of the first story only. And I don't believe they will undo OMD in the future, because they had the best opportunity in this run. All players were there: Mary Jane, Mephisto, Doctor Strange, Mysterio, Kindred (if he would be a demon). All wasted just to prove that the long dead character stayed virgin and didn't make out with his father's best friend! I know that's no ok, but in reality those situations happen. Gwen was a free will woman and could had a moment of weakness like all humans has, especially she didn't know that Osborn was a crazy psychopath dressing as a goblin. He was a respected businessman, a man of success, even could be handsome for his age. It's sad, it's not right, cheating and all, I know, but this kind of affairs happen in our reality (for both men and women, I would like to point out). But taking 3 years, dragging this story so long, teasing OMD for no reason (ok, maybe Spencer wanted to undo this story, but editors cut him down, but why teasing it in Sinister War with Mephisto, Mysterio speaking about Peter i MJ, plans for engagement etc?) to retcon Sins Past with this mess is... I don't know. Really, after Spencer's run I would like to stop reading Spider-Man. If I didn't write reviews for my webiste www.spider-man.org.pl, I would really do it. I know, you can say not all this leaks are true, but I think they are. Probably somebody from Bleeding Cools posted them and when they saw that not all people believe in them they decide to post the scans from the issue or they have been planning that from the beginning.
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-05-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    The worst part is that they could retcon Sins Past but also revoke OMD at the same time, but due to editoring they chose to take care of the first story only. And I don't believe they will undo OMD in the future, because they had the best opportunity in this run. All players were there: Mary Jane, Mephisto, Doctor Strange, Mysterio, Kindred (if he would be a demon). All wasted just to prove that the long dead character stayed virgin and didn't make out with his father's best friend! I know that's no ok, but in reality those situations happen. Gwen was a free will woman and could had a moment of weakness like all humans has, especially she didn't know that Osborn was a crazy psychopath dressing as a goblin. He was a respected businessman, a man of success, even could be handsome for his age. It's sad, it's not right, cheating and all, I know, but this kind of affairs happen in our reality (for both men and women, I would like to point out). But taking 3 years, dragging this story so long, teasing OMD for no reason (ok, maybe Spencer wanted to undo this story, but editors cut him down, but why teasing it in Sinister War with Mephisto, Mysterio speaking about Peter i MJ, plans for engagement etc?) to retcon Sins Past with this mess is... I don't know. Really, after Spencer's run I would like to stop reading Spider-Man. If I didn't write reviews for my webiste www.spider-man.org.pl, I would really do it. I know, you can say not all this leaks are true, but I think they are. Probably somebody from Bleeding Cools posted them and when they saw that not all people believe in them they decide to post the scans from the issue or they have been planning that from the beginning.
    If the leaks are true OMD is dealt with and resolved too, but it seems like an afterthought the way its explained in the leak. Basically its over. Mephisto is done. MJ remembers. However no big moment with Peter on it. Thats what we all wanted so I hope there is more to it than just that. I womder if Marvel will have anything more like n it when Peter recovers.

Extraordinary Member

They did it, they really spoilers:
    Retconned Sins Past
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    If the leaks are true OMD is dealt with and resolved too, but it seems like an afterthought the way its explained in the leak. Basically its over. Mephisto is done. MJ remembers. However no big moment with Peter on it. Thats what we all wanted so I hope there is more to it than just that. I womder if Marvel will have anything more like n it when Peter recovers.
    It's better that nothing, I must say, but Spider-Man is still a loser, because his soul (or a fragment of it) is at stake here. He must remember it if we could say that Mephisto is done and has no power over him. Take into consideration also leaks in their "behind the scenes". The editors didn't agree to undo OMD, so if they didn't agree now and we had the best opportunity here to fix this mess, they won't agree in the future. Unless there will be a revolution amongst editorial staff.

I'm also wondering how AI Harry knows about Norman Osborn's deal with Mephisto without supernatural element. Even Norman forgot about this pact (Mephisto said he won't remember their talk). He remember that after cleansing by Sin-Eater. That's what Kindred wanted in the Last Remains story. After cleansing Osborn knew that Kindred was Harry, because he remembered selling his son's soul to the devil. We must also remember Harry imprinted his memory and personality to AI computer after his father's alleged death. Norman struck the deal when Harry was very young. Who then told AI Harry about it? Maybe one Kindred is supernatural (Gabriel), and the second one (Sarah) is still human (therefore needing Chameleon serum etc). Gabriel made a deal with Mephisto and found out all secrets about Osborn and Parker family. Therefore he could play the part of Harry during Last Remains.

There is also an interesting theory that Norman scammed Mephisto by cloning his son. And it was proven with Billy Connors that a clone has a soul of his/her genetic template, so maybe Harry's soul was taken from Mephisto hands in hell and put in the clone body. Therefore Harry who was locked with Carlie in the cell, is real Harry spiritually, but biologically he is a clone. In this case Mephisto wanted to take revenge on Norman and struck deal with his second son, Gabriel (alleged son). But there is a plot hole in this theory because a supernatural being like Mephisto should know that Gabriel is not real son of Osborn. But maybe the devil gave him powers knowing he will use them in their vendetta agains Norman and Peter. Who knows?
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-05-2021 at 04:20 PM.

If we're retconning Sins Past why can't we also retcon One More Day lol? I think most of us weren't even hoping for a "retcon" of OMD, just have it be brought to Peter's attention finally so there can be some forward progression. You know, all the hints about him being in place, all the obvious OMD hints, that really can't all just be us getting whacked around... then again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    I really like your Spidey website, I've visited it many times!

Extraordinary Member

For the above quote in what Dawidos said:-
    Sins Past is not okay because it's OOC.Wildly so.
    It happens in real life is no excuse, sh*tty people cheat and it's not like Gwen has any incentive too.Nor do Norman and Gwen have any attraction.
    And the story is a stain on Spider-man continuity.

And they can do both.OMD will never be retconned but people will be made aware.