Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I really want this to be true just to see an emergence of a faction saying Kindred was always kind of hot.

Seriously, at the rate this arc is going, I'm in it for the humor.
    That's the spirit. I'm a fan of the username lol. At this rate I hope Judas Traveller gets retconned into being the true mastermind behind Kindred, now that would be worth all the hassle.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I really want this to be true just to see an emergence of a faction saying Kindred was always kind of hot.

Seriously, at the rate this arc is going, I'm in it for the humor.
    It'll be great when the Marvel Legends figure comes out and someone complains Kindred isn't shapely enough . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It'll be great when the Marvel Legends figure comes out and someone complains Kindred isn't shapely enough . . .
    Somehow, I do not think Kindred will be considered as shapely as Salma Hayak, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren or Gina Lollobrigida ( MJ? That is a different story. Ann-Margaret ( the inspiration for MJ) came pretty close to those four).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-02-2021 at 05:56 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That's the spirit. I'm a fan of the username lol. At this rate I hope Judas Traveller gets retconned into being the true mastermind behind Kindred, now that would be worth all the hassle.
    I laughed. That would be tragically good

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    At this rate I hope Judas Traveller gets retconned into being the true mastermind behind Kindred, now that would be worth all the hassle.
    The perfect ending for this Kindred arc is that when it seems like either Kindred finally breaks down Peter or Peter is finally getting the winning punch thrown in, they suddenly find themselves strapped to straight jackets in a padded cell.

And then Traveller comes out of the shadows saying that now he can FINALLY resume his experiment and figure out the nature of evil for...

...reasons.

Fantastic Member

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/pgw5t2

Hoping this isn't what is inside those two tubes in Osborn's lab...

You know, I seem to recall I once suspected that Kindred might've been spoilers:
    Gwen
    end of spoilers prior to ASM #50, but I'll let that go.

Anyway, the question is why would Marvel supposedly give away that Kindred spoilers:
    is really Gwen?
    end of spoilers. Must be a fake-out, right? But what if not a fake-out? Moreover, what if that's not the real twist behind Kindred? What if Kindred spoilers:
    wasn't just one person, but two?
    end of spoilers

Consider the following: spoilers:
    If you go back through the various issues, you will notice that Kindred doesn't always wear the same color coat and hood. Sometimes, Kindred wears an all purple coat and hood, and other times, he wears a greyish/brown coat and a magenta hood. That's not something you can chalk up to as a mere coloring mistake. That should've been seen as a visual clue.

Notice, too, that in this very preview that when Spider-Man faces Kindred prior to being teleported to Paris, Kindred is wearing the greyish brown coat. The one who is unmasking before MJ and revealing herself to be Gwen is wearing the purple coat. And that these two scenes are, presumably, happening at the same time.

Furthermore, back when Norman captured Kindred at the end of "Last Remains," notice that when Harry, as Kindred, was imprisoned at Ravencroft in a dark dimension cell, Carlie Cooper ended up being kidnapped by Kindred, or at least his centipedes? That should be another clue that either Kindred had the ability of bilocation, or was two separate people.

Notice, too, how, at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #72, there were two pods in that room where Norman Osborn faced the Harry Osborn AI computer?

And, if you want something a little more symbolic, there were always two centipedes accompanying Kindred.
    end of spoilers
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree Norman is the bad guy there but Sins Past has been used as a weapon against Gwen for a long time. Even Marvel Editorial knew it was bad, but instead of taking the entire story and throwing it where it belongs ( in the trash) they changed Peter to Norman and went with it. As for MJ, she looked bad because she hid this from Peter.
    Fr.If this retcons Sins Past, the affair and makes Peter aware of OMD this is a win.
    Bonus if the kid is talked about

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    You know, I seem to recall I once suspected that Kindred might've been spoilers:
    Gwen

Anyway, the question is why would Marvel supposedly give away that Kindred spoilers:
    is really Gwen?
    end of spoilers. Must be a fake-out, right? But what if not a fake-out? Moreover, what if that's not the real twist behind Kindred? What if Kindred spoilers:
    end of spoilers

If you go back through the various issues, you will notice that Kindred doesn't always wear the same color coat and hood. Sometimes, Kindred wears an all purple coat and hood, and other times, he wears a greyish/brown coat and a magenta hood. That's not something you can chalk up to as a mere coloring mistake. That should've been seen as a visual clue.

Notice, too, that in this very preview that when Spider-Man faces Kindred prior to being teleported to Paris, Kindred is wearing the greyish brown coat. The one who is unmasking before MJ and revealing herself to be Gwen is wearing the purple coat. And that these two scenes are, presumably, happening at the same time.

Furthermore, back when Norman captured Kindred at the end of "Last Remains," notice that when Harry, as Kindred, was imprisoned at Ravencroft in a dark dimension cell, Carlie Cooper ended up being kidnapped by Kindred, or at least his centipedes? That should be another clue that either Kindred had the ability of bilocation, or was two separate people.

Notice, too, how, at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #72, there were two pods in that room where Norman Osborn faced the Harry Osborn AI computer?

And, if you want something a little more symbolic, there were always two centipedes accompanying Kindred.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, this was my theory too.
    I don't think there are 2 kindreds, but Kindred working with someone and maybe they dress up like Kindred.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Gwen

is really Gwen?
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    Maybe it's the twins and that wasn't Gwen revealing herself to MJ but Sarah?

Amazing Member

Please, look at the title of this story on the credits page. It's not Sinister War: Part 3 or Conclusion, because the main series ended. The title says: Sins of our FATHERS.

One of them is probably Norman Osborn and from the previous issue we know his sin against his son (selling Harry to Mephisto). Who is the second father then? Peter? Is is possible that child of him and Mary Jane (Mayday) was raised by Osborn in secret in Paris (like Gabriel and Sarah Stacy) and accelerated to growth by using lab technology (like Red Skull did to his daughter) to become Osborn's tool against Spider-Man in the future, but because SM and MJ made a deal with Mephisto their daughter was taken by Mephisto to Hell (the child was a testament of their marriage, in the current realisty I suppose Mayday was never conceived or born), where she found truth from Mephisto about her real parents (how would you feel if you know that you are in Hell, because your parents made a stupid deal with the devil which directly erase you from their lives). It can also explain why Kindred is so fixated on Norman Osborn as well (by kidnaping her from childbirth he would be her substitute father, so their conversation in Ravencroft could be explained). So she hates Osborn (for lying to her about her origin and destroying her normal life) and Peter/MJ (her parents for selling her to devil as a side effect of their deal with Mephisto). Or Kindred is half Harry, half Mayday. They are kindred spirits, because they were both betrayed by their fathers (title says: Sins of our fathers), and they joined forces in hell to get revenge on them. Please, Spencer end this because this speculating destroy our lives

Last edited by Dawidos; 09-03-2021 at 04:42 AM.

We need to start the "How Many Spider-Man Stories Can Use The Word "SINS" Challenge."

One of my buddies and I always found it amusing when we were kids how an entire season of the 90s Spidey cartoon used the overarching title of "Sins of The Fathers" so I'm sure he'll find great pleasure in this issue being titled "Sins of Our Fathers."

Off the top of my head we got Sin-Cere, Sin-Thesis, Sin-Ister (all 3 of those comprising the 2nd Sin-Eater story), Sins Past, Sins Remembered, Original Sin tie-ins, Sins Rising, The Sins of Norman Osborn. How many other sins we got in the house?

He's going to morph his head into Gwen, Jean DeWolff, Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy etc, the People Peter "Failed". Calling it now.

Also, if Kindred is George Stacy, I'm out of this series.
    Last edited by Dzika_Sowa; 09-03-2021 at 04:49 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    He's going to morph his head into Gwen, Jean DeWolff, Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy etc, the People Peter "Failed". Calling it now.

Also, if Kindred is George Stacy, I'm out of this series.
    It's possible he/she/they is/are going to morph the head into the people who were exhumed in Last Remains until serum stop working and we can finally see his/her/their true face

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    It's possible he/she/they is/are going to morph the head until serum stop working and we can finally see his/her/their true face
    And then Peter will hear, "Peter dear, how about some wheatcakes?" Turns out Kindred really is Aunt May, she died and the current one is a clone/impostor. But then, we get another shocking reveal, the wheatcakes were actually pancakes.

And that's the greatest Sin of them all.