Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

One question: will Spencer's run end on ASM 74?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Does anyone have a screen-cap of the OG 4chan leak?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    That's the plan since the Zeb Wells team takes over from #75 for Beyond.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Yes. Next is Spider-Man Beyond with new creative team and Ben Reilly as main Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

That's the plan since the Zeb Wells team takes over from #75 for Beyond.
    It's multiple writers and artists.It is Zeb's Idea from the interviews but he won't be writing most of it.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, I wonder is 74 leak is abit made up. I feel like I’ve done nothing but hold hope that this run will be good, though.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Here you are, mate. I screened it, cut down unrelated posts, left only leaks and uploaded the image to the server of my Spider-Man Website

SPIDER-MAN ONLINE: Screenshot with Leaks

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Here you are, mate. I screened it, cut down unrelated posts, left only leaks and uploaded the image to the server of my Spider-Man Website

Not bad. So most likely spoilers:
    Kindred is really Harry and new versions of the twins using advanced tech rather than magic to mess with Peter and Norman?
    end of spoilers
    "Cable was right!"

ok finally read it. man the amount of hoops to retcon sin past it is funny it makes sense but still is it really that necessary when reading the same spoilers you are reminded of Doc Ock and Aunt May relationship and no one is retconning their relationship. Clones seems like the answer to everything. I am interested in this upcoming "crisis" that Spiderman is needed for. Sure they pick Ben but I guess what they are going to do is make him fail someway in order for Peter to return. But I dont wanna think Spencer ends his run with Peter in a coma this whole run he has been beating him up and kill him like 7 times but then again I dont doubt its possibility.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

It will be interesting to see if that is actually what happens. Here is one interesting fact about Spencer. He has used every non-superhero ( ex: FF, Avengers X-Men or Johnny as a solo etc) who has appeared multiple times with Peter either directly or indirectly ( Captain Stacy, Jean and Uncle Ben), except: Morbius ( who is on his way), Eddie ( who was in free comic book day), Frank Castle, Flash, Kingsley and the Twins, so it would not shock me to see him use Flash, Kingsley and the Twins in this story. Why does he? I do not know but like 30 or 40 villains in Sinister War: Unnecessary.

Fantastic Member

There are a few things that still confuse me in regards to Kindred...

spoilers:
    We've seen Pete punch literal holes in Kindred... if they were just a normal human, how the heck does one explain that? Illusion? A form of hypnosis to make Pete think he's fighting an unkillable monster? Also, what about the 'sins'? How does one explain that? More tech trickery?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post

spoilers:
    We've seen Pete punch literal holes in Kindred... if they were just a normal human, how the heck does one explain that? Illusion? A form of hypnosis to make Pete think he's fighting an unkillable monster? Also, what about the 'sins'? How does one explain that? More tech trickery?
    end of spoilers
    My guess is that they have made a deal w/ Mephisto for the powers.
    And Kindred was willing to kill MJ to show Pete his Sins which made no Sense for Harry(his entire thing was saving MJ from him) but makes perfect sense for the twins(They don't give a damn about MJ).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    My guess is that they have made a deal w/ Mephisto for the powers.
    And Kindred was willing to kill MJ to show Pete his Sins which made no Sense for Harry(his entire thing was saving MJ from him) but makes perfect sense for the twins(They don't give a damn about MJ).
    I would like to remind that Kindred visited MJ during Hunted in her house, keeping an eye on her. He/she sent Spider-Man vision of her death, but it was a fake. When Peter returned home, he found out that MJ was ok. Kindred then said he didn't mean to hurt her, because he wants to protect her from Peter. But let's say Gabriel as a Kindred has split personality. Sometimes he talks like Harry, sometimes he behaves like Gabriel. So sometimes he doesn't want to hurt MJ, sometimes he wants. Thank you, Marvel.

No because they can't retcon a decade+ of Spider-comics.No writer can.
    Best they can do is that they are made aware and married down the line.
    I would like to remind you that they retconned 20 years by erasing Spider-Man's marriage in OMD. He has been married for all those years and suddenly he wasn't. Therefore it can go both ways. He could be married for the BND era and beyond with minor adjustments to the timeline (like separating etc.) But I'm merciful for Marvel. By retconning I mean the deal is no longer valid, both Peter and MJ remember the deal, both are free from Mephisto's influence and they can build their romantic relationship without supernatural interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I really like your Spidey website, I've visited it many times!
    Thank you I've been running it for, excluding 2-3 years break, at least 20 years! What country are you from? How did you find my website? Accidentally, on Google?

For the above quote in what Dawidos said:-
    Sins Past is not okay because it's OOC.Wildly so.
    It happens in real life is no excuse, sh*tty people cheat and it's not like Gwen has any incentive too.Nor do Norman and Gwen have any attraction.
    And the story is a stain on Spider-man continuity.

And they can do both.OMD will never be retconned but people will be made aware.
    I'm not defending cheaters, because I'm not a cheater myself, but calling people who cheat shitty is a really black-white perspective. It should be noted that many normal people commit, let's call it, this sin. Not all of them are evil monsters, psychopaths without feelings and remorse. There are so many reasons for this kind behaviour like problems in the present relationship, sadness, boredom, alcohol, even sexual fascination in the biologically manner speaking. Some cheaters feel very bad for what they have done at their moments of weakness (like Gwen) and they confess to their partners. Sometimes they are forgiven, sometimes they are not. But calling all of them shitty is a very big simplification of this social problem.

About OMD, let's hope so you right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, on the 4chan leaks Mephisto revokes the deal and tries to kill Aunt May with a death bolt. MJ remembers as a result, and Peter stops Mephisto from killing May with Dr. Strange's help. I'd have to assume Peter knows about the deal now if that's the case or he would when he recovers since MJ knows. That is, if the leaks are true.
    end of spoilers
    This is good in the case of scenario that Peter knows about the deal. Let's put him in a coma but with this knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardmetalwing View Post
    Its not though. Like Peter still wouldnt know what his sin really was. All this run would be for nothing. Really I hace stuck with this run but if it does not point all to Harry and also does not acknowledge OMD, Spencer is going to have far less respect from me than Slott has. It just sucks that what you have been diligently waiting for and guessing for ends up coming to nothing.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Woah, now that's a blast to the past! I loved that site when I grew up, used to read characters Bio's all the time

And I do agree. If Spencer and Marvel go down this road, readers are gonna feel cheated.

Not the first time though.
    So you can speak/read polish? Cool. Your nickname suggests you can. Maybe I even know you from the message boards which was hosted a while ago on my website. Did you have an account?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah, I wonder is 74 leak is abit made up. I feel like I’ve done nothing but hold hope that this run will be good, though.
    I hold this hope as well. But lika Dzika Sowa I'm losing it with every day.
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-06-2021 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Correcting

Extraordinary Member

We still need more info about the Kindred(s)

He still has memories and they are altered.You can take out one relationship but taking out multiple is problematic, since so many of the stories in BND depend on them.
    Yeah, that is what they will likely do.

In Gwen's case her condition was no where severe enough to justify it.And moreover is is very OOC.Guess what, most people don't cheat when bored or sad.That's a toxic person.No alcohol was involved, not that it justifies anything but it wasn't a part of it and Gwen has shown zero attraction to Norman.I mean the story itself was a retcon and the affair was editorial interference, it doesn't get more OOC than that.Even Harry says Gwen was too classy for that.
    As a 616 Gwen fan this was an insult, she's no saint but not a cheater in the slightest.

I don't think it's a Sin, and most people don't cheat.I don't know why you think many people do.And unless there are extreme circumstances, cheating is a sh*tty thing to do.Boredom, sadness, drunk or fascination aren't extreme in the slightest.

Amazing Member

We still need more info about the Kindred(s)

He still has memories and they are altered.You can take out one relationship but taking out multiple is problematic, since so many of the stories in BND depend on them.
    Yeah, that is what they will likely do.

In Gwen's case her condition was no where severe enough to justify it.And moreover is is very OOC.Guess what, most people don't cheat when bored or sad.That's a toxic person.No alcohol was involved, not that it justifies anything but it wasn't a part of it and Gwen has shown zero attraction to Norman.I mean the story itself was a retcon and the affair was editorial interference, it doesn't get more OOC than that.Even Harry says Gwen was too classy for that.
    As a 616 Gwen fan this was an insult, she's no saint but not a cheater in the slightest.

I don't think it's a Sin, and most people don't cheat.I don't know why you think many people do.And unless there are extreme circumstances, cheating is a sh*tty thing to do.Boredom, sadness, drunk or fascination aren't extreme in the slightest.
    Multiple? I think Peter was with Michelle Gonzales (one time) and Black Cat (one time). He had a serious relationship with Carlie only, I think. Mary Jane with Bobby Carr. But maybe I'm wrong and don't remember all these comic books although I read them. But like JQ said - it's magic, we don't have to explain it

I found the survey that says that 20% of ever-married men and 10% of ever-married women reported cheating on their spouse in the past in the USA. It is not majority, but still it is 1/5 population (in the case of men) and 1/10 population (in the case of women). And we are talking only about married couples. There could be more of these cases in the informal relationships. I don't believe in a sin as well. I just didn't know how to call it. Mistake? Accident? But I'm sure that many good people do sometimes bad stuff (cheating including) for variety of reasons and sometimes for no reason, because it... just happened. And they are struggling with guilt and remorse after their OOC moment. But I think we should differentiate regular cheaters who cheat with premeditation from one-time cheaters who had their moment of human weakness and they regret what they have done. For me the second case is very human behaviour which was, is and will be.
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-06-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    If the leaks are true, i doubt it will be explained because this seems like an asspull mystery box make up as you go story that got thrown on last minute.

Let us not forget that one of Spencer's only ASM interviews came out after #50, where he said Kindred was always suppose to be Harry, he didnt like how Harry was rehabilitated, they though about putting in a red herring that its somebody else but didnt want to bait people, and were worried they made it too obvious that the Absolute Carnage tie-ins spelled out it was Harry(the frames of stumbling drugged out Harry shifting to Kindred are super obvious now, and same skull shape)

If it isnt Harry, I really believe we are getting a Clone Saga ending wrap of this run where behind the scenes things were redone and altered as Spencer was exiting. Sins Past getting retconned is great, but it's a shame we wont ever see Spencer's full vision and plan with what he wanted to do with Kindred.