Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Seemingly throughout the comments, green highlights.

I read the first chunk and it's not unreasonable, but I suppose the disappointment comes from the rest of it and probably not addressing OMD (educated guess since someone mentioned editorial).
    Just found them on 4chan.

It's not good and editorial f*cks everything up agin but spoilers:
    Sins past gets retconned
    end of spoilers so that's a win.
    Just hope they don't give MJ a new boyfriend or hookup while Peter is gone and that the next team handles Peter better.

Ben's coming doesn't make sense to me, but that really depends on what type of "crisis" it is.

And spoilers:
    Flash and Eddie meeting MJ
    end of spoilers could be cool if well written.Just don't have her be thrown in their stories or something.

And whatever crisis is there, Ben can try to uphold it and then realize they need Peter and that Beyond is evil then do some comic stuff and get him back.

Also this may be untrue since we saw in FCBD Ben doesn't know about Peter and is worried about being confused and here it says they tell him so this could all be fake or atleast some of it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Also this may be untrue since we saw in FCBD Ben doesn't know about Peter and is worried about being confused and here it says they tell him so this could all be fake or atleast some of it.
    Presuming these spoilers are true (who knows?), the most likely scenario is FCBD takes place before ASM 74, as does maybe all or parts of ASM 75. Then ASM 76 catches Ben's story up to past these events.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's not good and editorial f*cks everything up agin
    Truly the villain looming in the shadows of Peter's life.

I really don’t think we’re seeing some giant editorial interference swerve here. Presumably editorial has known where Spencer is going with this the whole time and would have stopped it 20 issues ago at least if not into it. I think the feelings of rushed interference are likely just due to Spencer getting a sub stack deal and then having to finish this fast

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Presuming these spoilers are true (who knows?)
    Yeah, 4chan is riddled with "my uncle works at Nintendo" 'leaks' and during the "All New, All Different" Marvel phase they basically had stuff that even named people left and forth but amounted to nothing pretty much weekly. Now and then you do get a legit leak, but it's not all that often. So your mileage may vary from 1 to 50.000.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Yeah, 4chan is riddled with "my uncle works at Nintendo" 'leaks' and during the "All New, All Different" Marvel phase they basically had stuff that even named people left and forth but amounted to nothing pretty much weekly. Now and then you do get a legit leak, but it's not all that often. So your mileage may vary from 1 to 50.000.
    So you think this is a fake? I wish you were right

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    I think it's wait and see. Like I said, there were legit leaks before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Presuming these spoilers are true (who knows?), the most likely scenario is FCBD takes place before ASM 74, as does maybe all or parts of ASM 75. Then ASM 76 catches Ben's story up to past these events.
    But acc. to this Beyond reaches Ben because Peter is in a coma and they need a Spider-man for a crisis.

So not only does Beyond contact Ben after 74, Ben learns about Spider-man's "death" when contacted.

And the crisis thing doesn't make much sense anyway, although it's a thing Marvel would do.
    If it's Spider-man specific then only Peter can do it, Ben or Miles or anyone isn't a viable replacement.Like his will power.
    If it's something to do w/ power-levels or something we have many more powerful people who can take care of this.

Extraordinary Member

And if MJ is aware why was she willingly sleeping with other people and specially so quickly and POS like Bobby Carr.
    I ignore it but still, she also lies to him about Mysterio and gives up on him after superior.
    Don't get me wrong, I know it's all OOC sh*t writing but please just retcon that too.

Atleast peter didn't remember.

Extraordinary Member

As stated on the thread we haven't seen these leaks anywhere else and they have no bases.Aside from being wrong about the Ben thing as shown above it also has some other plot holes(Norman remembering Gwen affair, he doesn't mention if he brainwashed himself or what is going on.and Otto remembering Superior).
    It's does seem like something Spencer would write though, it seems like his style.

Just make Peter remember and we'll be fine.Maybe the writers after Beyond will do that

Mia San Mia!

Guys, if you want, read comments on this board. I don't know how much of these descriptions are true, but their author is somebody who claims to see the last issues od TASM by Nick Spencer, both 73 and 74. He/she told the forum users about the most important plot points (yeah, Kindred's indentity too, motives, test tubes, Harry's origin, Mysterio's role, Ned's history etc). Clearly I regret that I read these spoilers by accident but if they are true, I must say this ending is a very big disappointment and waste of so much plot building by 74 issues. And yes, editorial mandates played again its role in this changes.
    I don't think 4Chan can be trusted 100%, but if the ending is true then this arc is really worthless.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I'm skeptical of these leaks, of course, but if they are made up, they're incredibly well thought out - they explain a number of plot points (why did we learn about Norman's deal, the tubes, etc.) and don't appear to be wildly contradictory to the story (plot holes abound, but getting 8 sentence summaries of the next 100+ pages leave some room for them to get filled in). So kudos to whoever made them up (if they did).

If it's all more or less legit, I think I'm fine with it. Last Remains won't make sense in retrospect, I don't think, and all of the precursor stuff with Miles, Ben, and Otto making deals with Mephisto was just nothing for nothing's sake.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

So I've been away for awhile and I just got done reading the spoilers on 4chan, I really hope they aren't totally true; but they seem very true and likely. If these are true it's just a WOW and really shows that there needs to be a change with Editorial because over the last few years there have been several hated storylines and then years later when creators are now able to talk freely we find out most of the things that were problems for both fans and casual readers came from Editorial interference.

It's sad as I have over all enjoyed Nick Spencer's run on Spider-Man and thought that while some things dragged on that he overall had good ideas and wrote Peter and MJ very well. I'm sad to see the run end this way and that there are many things that are still left unresolved like Peter's Doctorate but I guess that's just the way it is.

I do wonder given the time it takes to produce comics, which came first this story the way it played out or Spencer's decision to leave Spider-Man?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    So I've been away for awhile and I just got done reading the spoilers on 4chan, I really hope they aren't totally true; but they seem very true and likely. If these are true it's just a WOW and really shows that there needs to be a change with Editorial because over the last few years there have been several hated storylines and then years later when creators are now able to talk freely we find out most of the things that were problems for both fans and casual readers came from Editorial interference.

It's sad as I have over all enjoyed Nick Spencer's run on Spider-Man and thought that while some things dragged on that he overall had good ideas and wrote Peter and MJ very well. I'm sad to see the run end this way and that there are many things that are still left unresolved like Peter's Doctorate but I guess that's just the way it is.

I do wonder given the time it takes to produce comics, which came first this story the way it played out or Spencer's decision to leave Spider-Man?
    They need to kick these Editors out.
    And if the leak guy is correct Spencer's og story sounds like what we wanted and Editors are the guys who messed it up.

They need to be kicked out, the entire BND and beyond era is terrible and this was the one thing that felt like before it.Beyond sounds very BND and even has the creative team.

The next team need to be better.Like Zdarsky or Hickman(his style doesn't fit Spidey but still).

Mighty Member

If the 4chan leaks are true, I’m actually… okay with them.
    Is it messy and convoluted? Yeah. Is it good? Not really. But I did say I’ll be okay if they went with that, and in fact I probably would have done that as a writer, knowing it’s not great but just to clear up that mess of a story.

It’s messy, but it leaves things tidier than they were.