Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Somehow I really do think Kindred is Gwen….the fallout of what all this means is what will really be interesting!

I thought about Gabriel Stacy once the Harry's identity as Kindred was put into doubt. I think Nick Spencer is in no enviable position, he wants -or that it seems- to retcon or fix two of the most controversial Spider-Man stories. I actually think he will try to deal with both Sins Past (even if the Gabriel leak is false) and OMD, to what extent I don't have idea. What worries me is the few issues he has left. One of my biggest problems with this run has been pacing, and I find it hard to solve all in a satisfying way in two issues. I hope he does it in a way that most readers enjoy, I don't like to see writers failing. And I expect, once this story is done, fandom can finally move on past Sins Past and OMD once and for all.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Fantastic Member

Dont we already know the U-Foes put Parker outta commission in #75? These spoilers seem pretty boiler plate safe to be true but seems kinda off based on what we already know for the next run.

Otto stuff just sounds like fanfiction written by someone who still hasnt gotten over Slott, cant say I'd be shocked at that level of poor writing though.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 09-04-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Fantastic Member

A few things about the 'spoilers' for 74, if true...

spoilers:
    One: If it is the twins, I hope Peter smacks them silly before Norman offs them. Two: I am NOT happy that Carlie might be offed, I like her. Three: I am REALLY not happy if they off Kingsley... though he can always return, with his history of dupes and all.
    end of spoilers

Other than that, if true again, seems okay-ish.

Ok, I've come around on the spoilers... ITS MAKING SENSE after reading issue 72 again. Harry is still behind Kindred, but he is not Kindred, here's how

spoilers:
    Harry is the artificial AI, his mind is uploaded and he has recreated the twins in his lab. The twins are acting as Kindred on his behalf. He is the one who is seeking vengeance against Norman and Peter for their sins. Norman's sin is his deal with Mephisto, Peter's sin remains to be seen. But the AI Harry is behind this and pulling the strings. Gabriel may be convinced he is Harry in some way as he has suffered split personality disorder in the past. Sarah is working with him. Not sure if they believe they went to hell or not. But its makes sense how the leak may be possible if Harry is still behind it because that puts his mind behind Kindred and uses Gabriel and Sarah as his body.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Ok, I've come around on the spoilers... ITS MAKING SENSE after reading issue 72 again. Harry is still behind Kindred, but he is not Kindred, here's how

spoilers:
    Harry is the artificial AI, his mind is uploaded and he has recreated the twins in his lab. The twins are acting as Kindred on his behalf. He is the one who is seeking vengeance against Norman and Peter for their sins. Norman's sin is his deal with Mephisto, Peter's sin remains to be seen. But the AI Harry is behind this and pulling the strings. Gabriel may be convinced he is Harry in some way as he has suffered split personality disorder in the past. Sarah is working with him. Not sure if they believe they went to hell or not. But its makes sense how the leak may be possible if Harry is still behind it because that puts his mind behind Kindred and uses Gabriel and Sarah as his body.
    end of spoilers
    Sin-Eater, The Order of the Web getting possessed, Norman and the others getting cleansed, and Kindred being OP curb stomping Spidey and killing him over and over all kinda make no sense unless it's just some nanomachines handwave. But not really sure why faking hell would be a thing for this story when Mephisto is already involved, and esoteric supernatural stuff is how Parker gets to Kindred's lair.

EDIT: also Kindred speaking to Peter through his dreams constantly
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 09-04-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Sin-Eater, The Order of the Web getting possessed, Norman and the others getting cleansed, and Kindred being OP curb stomping Spidey and killing him over and over all kinda make no sense unless it's just some nanomachines handwave. But not really sure why faking hell would be a thing for this story when Mephisto is already involved, and esoteric supernatural stuff is how Parker gets to Kindred's lair.
    True, it does not explain Mephisto's involvment. He does seem tied to Kindred with Sinister War since he claims the souls slipped through his fingers once the centipedes were destroyed. Confused about that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They need to kick these Editors out.
    And if the leak guy is correct Spencer's og story sounds like what we wanted and Editors are the guys who messed it up.

They need to be kicked out, the entire BND and beyond era is terrible and this was the one thing that felt like before it.Beyond sounds very BND and even has the creative team.

The next team need to be better.Like Zdarsky or Hickman(his style doesn't fit Spidey but still).
    Brevoort definitely needs to go. Dude has been there since the 10 commandments were handed down and he has had a stranglehold on the Marvel line (Avengers etc) for about 2 decades at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I also doubt it's real, but it just sounds stupid enough with the kind of stuff Spencer's pulled recently, so if anything I'd just commend the poster on matching his wavelengths.

From the thread, this is what those "leaks" seem to me
    The only thing about the leaks that I am happy with is the possible retcon of that certain "story". I mean, that is pretty much exactly the way I imagined it being undone.

The rest? Eh... not my cup of tea.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I hope they’re wrong, simply because it’s OBVIOUS that it’s not Spencer’s story if they go that route.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    True, it does not explain Mephisto's involvment. He does seem tied to Kindred with Sinister War since he claims the souls slipped through his fingers once the centipedes were destroyed. Confused about that.
    We'll OMD, Osborn's deal are enough for his involvement ig.Moreover the twins may have made their own deal.
    All we need is an explanation for their powers which can be via Mephisto's deal

If the Spoilers from 4Chan are true, I can't imagine worse ending to the Spencers tenure on the book. Yeah, it's actually nice to retcon Sins Past, but not in such a way, teasing OMD all the time.

Hope it's not true.

We'll start to get a sense for sure in a few days, I suppose.

Amazing Member

And what about Peter's greatest sin? Kindred were constantly talking about confessing them and Parker doesn't remember. If Peter is a genetic template of Gwen's twins, and this genetic material was taken without his knowledge and consent by Norman Osborn, how can he be guilty, to what he must confess?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    And what about Peter's greatest sin? Kindred were constantly talking about confessing them and Parker doesn't remember. If Peter is a genetic template of Gwen's twins, and this genetic material was taken without his knowledge and consent by Norman Osborn, how can he be guilty, to what he must confess?
    I can understand Gabriel being nuts, but Sarah was on good terms with Peter. So what's her angle in helping her brother in a big revenge plot against Peter? Norman? Sure. But Peter?

Alot of the spoilers seemed like bad fan fiction. Especially the stuff with Otto. So Peter gets struck down in 74? Then how is he in action with Ben? Isn't a new big bad supposed to be introduced who takes out Peter? The one Ben has to then take on himself?

Mephisto tosses his hands in the air and goes "stuff the lot of you" and relinquishes his claim on Peter? No way would he just do that.