Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krec99 View Post
    This is purely filler to a point marvel wasn’t prepared for Spencer to just up and leave which explains the new writers I hope this run fixes Spider-Man been reading him since the 90s I was one of those guys who quit after the JMS nonsense he’ll I rather read the clone saga then reread JMS stuff god awful .
    I cannot believe that Marvel was unprepared for Spencer leaving. Why? Their parent company is Disney and Disney would not be where they are If they are not prepared for things happening. Look at Scarlett Johansson. She sued Disney. They have a response: Blacklisting her. This is an A-Lister in Johansson we are talking about, not a D-Lister like Nick Spencer. Speaking of Spencer, remember all the great things Lowe said about him? I guarantee if he left Marvel in an unexpected way, he would not receive all the flowery comments. Again ask Johansson about it. Spencer’s problem is Kindred should have been resolved long ago, and we especially do not need the Stacy Twins or any additional characters added in the final or next to last issue of his run ( that even goes for Kingsley who I like).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I cannot believe that Marvel was unprepared for Spencer leaving. Why? Their parent company is Disney and Disney would not be where they are If they are not prepared for things happening. Look at Scarlett Johansson. She sued Disney. They have a response: Blacklisting her. This is an A-Lister in Johansson we are talking about, not a D-Lister like Nick Spencer. Speaking of Spencer, remember all the great things Lowe said about him? I guarantee if he left Marvel in an unexpected way, he would not receive all the flowery comments. Again ask Johansson about it. Spencer’s problem is Kindred should have been resolved long ago, and we especially do not need the Stacy Twins or any additional characters added in the final or next to last issue of his run ( that even goes for Kingsley who I like).
    Scarlet was done w/ the MCU, her biggest thing.Moreover she made the issue public, Spencer hasn't said anything bad about them yet.
    And we have seen editorial interfering and messing up stories in the past, why would anyone want to work in such an environment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, I mean just make them aware it happened and that they stick together for the stronger and we're good.
    And Beyond is definitely not something to get attached to or care about unless you're a Ben fan.I'll buy 2-3 issues but w/ 3 issues a month and sidelining the best characters(Peter,MJ, etc.) for Ben I won't spend on it unless it really good.And Miles will show up, and Morbius and Kraven it doesn't entice me.It's just Spider-man w/out Spider-man and his cast but w/ Ben and inconsistent story and art thank to multiple writers and artists.

Yeah you probably won't spend money on it but it's all but guaranteed you'll show up for every issue discussion thread just so you can continue your nonstop diatribe about how much you hate "Beyond."

He just left and want to substack is it confirmed we are getting the Stacy twins?

Mighty Member

He just left and want to substack is it confirmed we are getting the Stacy twins?
    Depends on what you mean by confirmed. There's a few panels purported to be from tomorrow's issue on Bleeding Cool that certainly reference them:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nick...ing-sins-past/

Unless you think Rich is commissioning fake panels for clicks (which, honestly, would be a baller move), I'd consider that confirmed that they're part of the story
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Just cause it referenced them means nothing are they confirmed to be kindred ? Cause they would be a terrible ending .

Just cause it referenced them means nothing are they confirmed to be kindred ? Cause they would be a terrible ending .
    Look a page or few back, Dawidos provided a link to a screenshot of leaked spoilers. Of course take it with a grain of salt. Some things are similar to the Bleeding Cool content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Look a page or few back, Dawidos provided a link to a screenshot of leaked spoilers. Of course take it with a grain of salt. Some things are similar to the Bleeding Cool content.
    I saw doesn’t sound legit

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Yeah you probably won't spend money on it but it's all but guaranteed you'll show up for every issue discussion thread just so you can continue your nonstop diatribe about how much you hate "Beyond."
    If you read the post I did say I would buy the first 2-3 issues, if they aren't up to the mark for me I won't spend further.Which is how I buy most comics for characters I don't love, like top 3.Ben isn't a part of that.
    Most people would also drop a comic if they don't like it and it stars characters they don't care about.

If I don't read it I won't show up to the thread, because I've not read the issue(unless I've seen pages of it online that have stuff affecting characters I like).I think that's common sense.Beyond is still very much ASM, and my "hate" is always backed up by why I think so and more importantly the promotions, which many people in support of Beyond just ignore.

Also your quotations on the word beyond don't make sense.They should be on the hate part of the sentence.If you were trying to use them to mock, at least do it correctly.Something like "... so you can continue your "criticism" of beyond" makes sense for what you are trying to convey here.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-07-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Depends on what you mean by confirmed. There's a few panels purported to be from tomorrow's issue on Bleeding Cool that certainly reference them:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nick...ing-sins-past/

Unless you think Rich is commissioning fake panels for clicks (which, honestly, would be a baller move), I'd consider that confirmed that they're part of the story
    They have been consistent w/ their spoilers from what I've seen so they would be legit imo.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Yeah, Disney is the parent company, but each division runs their stuff to some autonomy. People say this ought to change because Feige wants to have more control over the comics as well but that Covid halted even that. But the point that Marvel wouldn't see Spencer leaving is exactly believable because... like you said, he's not an A-lister. The comic book divisions make peanuts compared to the movies and that's a whole different argument not worth derailing this thread for, but it's exactly what gives it credence - they basically took it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    The comic book divisions make peanuts compared to the movies and that's a whole different argument not worth derailing this thread for, but it's exactly what gives it credence - they basically took it for granted.
    I agree. The whole thing with Joe Benett putting offensive imagery in Immortal Hulk shows that comics are pretty much under the radar compared to worldwide phenomenons such as films, and aren't subject to massive scrutiny 24/7.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    They'll say "It was a well thought out plan where every supervillain that can create illusions or transform into people were involved!"

And I wouldn't care, as long as it retconned both of the top 3 worst Spider-Man stories. At this point, I'm not going to be picky about it.
    lol. I still don't know what people are expecting from the guy who said that Simon/Kirby Cap was always Hydra.
    Better take out some disappointment insurance.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    lol. I still don't know what people are expecting from the guy who said that Simon/Kirby Cap was always Hydra.
    Better take out some disappointment insurance.
    Why we judge a writer on one Story even though he has proven he knows how to write these characters is beyond me.
    I was very sceptical of Spencer, but he's shown he knows what he's doing for 2+ years in ASM now.Only complaint is pacing, which is a non-factor now.People who read now will read in trade, or the entire run together.We only have the last issue left

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Why we judge a writer on one Story even though he has proven he knows how to write these characters is beyond me.
    I was very sceptical of Spencer, but he's shown he knows what he's doing for 2+ years in ASM now.Only complaint is pacing, which is a non-factor now.People who read now will read in trade, or the entire run together.We only have the last issue left
    I (re-)read them in trade and the pacing still sucks. It's bad. In fact, Last Remains reads worse in trade because of how they collected it. And that doesn't obviate the fact that any number of plot threads have been introduced to little effect in Spencer's run (The Rose, The Order of the Web, Ned Leeds' nonsensical death and mildly interesting return, Gog), of that the Mephisto teases started in LR (trade #11) and will not be resolved until, depending on how you count the LR companion and Sinister War, 4-6 trades later.

And saying judging him by one story is underplaying that that story was from a long-running series that culminated in a big event - it's the best analog for what Spencer is doing here.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm