Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Considering Spencer has revisited many Spider-eras, I think the one thing missing is
    spoilers:
    that time when Mephisto and the Beyonder pitted Spider-Man against Zarathos for the fate of the universe.
    end of spoilers

Not sure how one would work that in, but I think it's the one prominent pre-OMD Mephisto moment in a Spider-Man comic and too convenient to not use it.
    I love that issue! Not sure how it would fit in anything going on, and honestly I'd rather leave it untouched, but I guess it could have brought Spider-Man to Mephisto's attention in a way that he wasn't before.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    You're welcome, mate

But who knows what Spencer planned. We saw Aunt May in his run like two times, maybe there is something in this theory.

The solicit for TASM 74 says: What will happen with Peter and MJ, Mysterio, J. Jonah Jameson, Norman Osborn, Aunt May and Kindred?! FIND OUT HERE! So. Who knows. Maybe we will discover some mystery regarding these wheatcakes. If we get the recipe, this run will be landmark

Mighty Member

Maybe Kindred is whatever people wants you to see maybe it is the syrom .But Norman said he know who Kindred is,When mephisto made the Deal with Norman to take his first born. Then when harry died in Speculator Spider-man 200 he went to hell and stayed there with Mephisto. Then when OMD and brand new day came with harry resurrected harry know about that and became kindred remember spider-man and Mary Jane made a deal to Save May and Mesphisto. It was Mary Jane that Spook to him about saving may and not to bother spider-man anymore.So Im Guessing.It might be harry the one who died is Kinderd and Brand new day Harry is in jail and out of jail with Cooper and that was Harrys body in the morge.I might be wrong that's just what's going on so far.So the syrom and doctor Strange Had a part to play with.I hope 73 and 74 will tell us

Astonishing Member

I do wonder how much of current issues is editorial meddling and cleaning because Spencer is leaving. We may never know. Overall the story feels rushed.
    It somehow feels too rushed and too slow at the same time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It somehow feels too rushed and too slow at the same time.
    Yeah, pacing's a problem in Spencer's run. Kinda feels like Spencer is getting pushed like Tom King did on Batman. I thought that run with one or two exceptions sucked.

Astonishing Member

Thoughts on this...

Gwen Stacy is Kindred when for a good chunk of the run was said to be Harry Osborn? Big swerve there.

While we were theorizing Kindred's identity, I thought it was one of:

Pre-OMD Peter Parker, the original Gwen Stacy, Norman Osborn, pre-OMD Harry Osborn or Ezekiel Sims.

Is this the original Gwen Stacy who died in The Night Gwen Stacy Died, The Amazing Spider-Man #121-122? A classic in comic book history. If it's that Gwen, it's something than a clone which I'll come onto next.

Another Gwen Stacy clone like we've had in the Original Clone Saga, the 1990s Clone Saga and Sins Past? Sarah Stacy from the reviled latter?

As noted, hell of a spoiler to put into a preview. Accident? Deliberate to get people talking?

Note the "no" as well. A fakeout?

Chameleon shenanigans to fall back on.

This is the second to last issue of Nick Spencer's run so time's running out to stick the landing even though The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 5) #74 is a bumper one.

Do you think it's the original Gwen Stacy or it's a swerve? Can Spencer sell it without it coming up cheap? A shock for the sake of one? Not long to find out.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 09-03-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Yeah, pacing's a problem in Spencer's run. Kinda feels like Spencer is getting pushed like Tom King did on Batman. I thought that run with one or two exceptions sucked.
    I’d say the pacing was rather okay, before Last Remains. The pandemic slowed down publishing of few issues, and that’s why we felt it going so slow. After Last Remains though? It feels cramped, one shots, big arc after big arc, and Kindred everywhere. Sinister War feels out of place somehow, like it should be it’s own thing. It’s like Kindred was supposed to vanish for some time after LR, but the finale is needed quick, so here he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Thoughts on this...

Gwen Stacy is Kindred when for a good chunk of the run was said to be Harry Osborn? Big swerve there.

While we were theorizing Kindred's identity, I thought it was one of:

Pre-OMD Peter Parker, the original Gwen Stacy, Norman Osborn, pre-OMD Harry Osborn or Ezekiel Sims.

Is this the original Gwen Stacy who died in The Night Gwen Stacy Died, The Amazing Spider-Man #121-122? A classic in comic book history. If it's that Gwen, it's something than a clone which I'll come onto next.

Another Gwen Stacy clone like we've had in the Original Clone Saga, the 1990s Clone Saga and Sins Past? Sarah Stacy from the reviled latter?

As noted, hell of a spoiler to put into a preview. Accident? Deliberate to get people talking?

Note the "no" as well. A fakeout?

Chameleon shenanigans to fall back on.

This is the second to last issue of Nick Spencer's run so time's running out to stick the landing even though The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 5) #74 is a bumper one.

Do you think it's the original Gwen Stacy or it's a swerve? Can Spencer sell it without it coming up cheap? A shock for the sake of one? Not long to find out.
    Of course it’s a fake out, unless this is preOMD Gwen or something - which would be really stupid. I still believe this is Harry, doing this just to mess with MJ and Peter. The true reveal will be what he really wants, and You know it’s the Wheatcakes. I still hope there’s OMD Peters soul fragment somewhere there, but let’s be real, it’s a hollow hope.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah it’s clearly not Gwen. I’m going to assume Kindred is the manifestation of Pete’s guilt, then? And although is evil, really just want Pete to remember?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah it’s clearly not Gwen. I’m going to assume Kindred is the manifestation of Pete’s guilt, then? And although is evil, really just want Pete to remember?
    A manifestation of Peter's guilt would catch me by surprise, and I would like that. If it took Harry's form because Peter felt overwhelming guilt since his death - it would make sense. Peter knew a lot about Harry.

Still, it wouldn't explain why Kindred cared about Normie or how he came to hell before Mysterio. Maybe an amalgam of the two, or something like that.

Extraordinary Member

A manifestation of Peter's guilt would catch me by surprise, and I would like that. If it took Harry's form because Peter felt overwhelming guilt since his death - it would make sense. Peter knew a lot about Harry.

Still, it wouldn't explain why Kindred cared about Normie or how he came to hell before Mysterio. Maybe an amalgam of the two, or something like that.
    Harry is part of Kindred's plan.The entire plan w/ Norman and the labs and tubes makes sure of that.

Amazing Member

Guys, if you want, read comments on this board. I don't know how much of these descriptions are true, but their author is somebody who claims to see the last issues od TASM by Nick Spencer, both 73 and 74. He/she told the forum users about the most important plot points (yeah, Kindred's indentity too, motives, test tubes, Harry's origin, Mysterio's role, Ned's history etc). Clearly I regret that I read these spoilers by accident but if they are true, I must say this ending is a very big disappointment and waste of so much plot building by 74 issues. And yes, editorial mandates played again its role in this changes.
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-04-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Guys, if you want, read comments on this board. I don't know how much of these descriptions are true, but their author is somebody who claims to see the last issues od TASM by Nick Spencer, both 73 and 74. He/she told the forum users about the most important plot points (yeah, Kindred's indentity too, motives, test tubes, Harry's origin, Mysterio's role, Ned's history etc). Clearly I regret that I read these spoilers by accident but if they are true, I must say this ending is a very big disappointment and waste of so much plot building by 74 issues. And yes, editorial mandates played again its role in this changes.
    Almost 30 years since meddling editors like Bob Harras and Ralph Macchio drove A-list talent off the X-books, and Marvel (and DC) STILL haven’t learned their lesson about editorial interference. Has anything GOOD ever come from an editorial mandate? If it has, it’s the rare exception.

Those spoilers sound awful, but I have a sinking feeling they’re true.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Where are these spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Where are these spoilers?
    Seemingly throughout the comments, green highlights.

I read the first chunk and it's not unreasonable, but I suppose the disappointment comes from the rest of it and probably not addressing OMD (educated guess since someone mentioned editorial).