Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Also how does the whole bringing back the dead, Sins and centipedes stuff work.
    I mean Otto explains the centipedes w/ science so is it all just science?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    If the 4chan leaks are true, I’m actually… okay with them.
    Is it messy and convoluted? Yeah. Is it good? Not really. But I did say I’ll be okay if they went with that, and in fact I probably would have done that as a writer, knowing it’s not great but just to clear up that mess of a story.

It’s messy, but it leaves things tidier than they were.
    Yeah, it's still not bad.It still cleans up a whole lot and sets up some great story ideas.

Extraordinary Member

I also doubt it's real, but it just sounds stupid enough with the kind of stuff Spencer's pulled recently, so if anything I'd just commend the poster on matching his wavelengths.

From the thread, this is what those "leaks" seem to me

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I also doubt it's real, but it just sounds stupid enough with the kind of stuff Spencer's pulled recently, so if anything I'd just commend the poster on matching his wavelengths.

From the thread, this is what those "leaks" seem to me
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but Tom Brevort doesn’t have much to do with Amazing anyway. He isn’t listed as an editor anywhere, so I don’t see how Spencer would have to answer to him.

Extraordinary Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Tom Brevort doesn’t have much to do with Amazing anyway. He isn’t listed as an editor anywhere, so I don’t see how Spencer would have to answer to him.
    I don't know about that, but from what I've seen Editors mess up Spidey comics a lot and w/BND and the Beyond interview we got they don't get spidey.
    Replacement, 3+ comics per month, multiple writers and artists is a mess.
    The 3+ comics per month and multiple artists is in Spencer's run as well and it messes it up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I don't know about that, but from what I've seen Editors mess up Spidey comics a lot and w/BND and the Beyond interview we got they don't get spidey.
    Replacement, 3+ comics per month, multiple writers and artists is a mess.
    The 3+ comics per month and multiple artists is in Spencer's run as well and it messes it up.
    I don’t mind the idea of Beyond too much, I’m hoping it will not suffer the same issues as OMD.
    But really. Spider-man needs to return to a monthly title. It’s not hitting the right notes anymore and I think it just needs to go back to basics. It’s funny because that was the title of the first arc and yet this has been one of the more complex Amazing runs I’ve seen.

Really, we just need Peter and MJ to live happily as Spider-man beats People up. I’m hoping we get that with a post beyond amazing in all honesty.

I'm all for Aunt May as kindred.

Lets go back to the start and have it be revelaed that Aunt May murdered Uncle Ben and framed the poor robber. Then it's set. Spider-Man's archenemy has allways been Aunt May.

Mighty Member

can i get a link to 4chan

Extraordinary Member

I don’t mind the idea of Beyond too much, I’m hoping it will not suffer the same issues as OMD.
    But really. Spider-man needs to return to a monthly title. It’s not hitting the right notes anymore and I think it just needs to go back to basics. It’s funny because that was the title of the first arc and yet this has been one of the more complex Amazing runs I’ve seen.

Really, we just need Peter and MJ to live happily as Spider-man beats People up. I’m hoping we get that with a post beyond amazing in all honesty.
    My point was Beyond is a very BND idea with a BND style team backing it up.

I too want back to basics and if these leaks are accurate or from what we know the next writer has a great slate, assuming Beyond doesn't f*ck anything up.

Like Peter get's back from his "death", MJ knows about OMD and is waiting for Peter(I swear if beyond gives her a new boy friend or relationship we gonna destroy marvel comics), all his rogue's are in interesting places whether it is redeemed or neutral or still evil.Lot of plot threads still open ended that can be played with as well.

They can make the next run work if beyond stays focus on Ben and his stuff and then Peter is brought back to save the day, then much isn't changed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I'm all for Aunt May as kindred.

Lets go back to the start and have it be revelaed that Aunt May murdered Uncle Ben and framed the poor robber. Then it's set. Spider-Man's archenemy has allways been Aunt May.
    All because Peter didn't like her wheatcakes smh

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Here you go, brother - LINK. The post with spoilers has a green font.
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-04-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Mighty Member

It devenly recon the sins past.I didn't think it was that bad.I scaned the Spollers.Im ok with it

Extraordinary Member

It devenly recon the sins past.I didn't think it was that bad.I scaned the Spollers.Im ok with it
    Fr, if they retcon the affair I'm happy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Here you go, brother - LINK. The post with spoilers has a green font.
    Thank you!

Initial reaction if true:

spoilers:
    Very convoluted. Glad Sins Past has a retcon.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 09-04-2021 at 11:16 AM.

I read the whole thing. Dunno. One or two developments look pretty fake to take at face value. spoilers:
    "Death bolt"?
    end of spoilers. Plus, some aspects that are key to the narrative were never introduced on the buildup. spoilers:
    (clones, SpOck)
    end of spoilers
    Finally, assuming Spencer's changes to stick it up to editorial made it to print doesn't sound like the way imprints work.

Of course, it may be completely true. In which case, I would not consider it a satisfying wrap to an otherwise interesting run.
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-04-2021 at 11:28 AM.