Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I don't get this line.
    spoilers:
    Mephisto sends a death bolt to kill Aunt May afterwords, having grown tired of Peter and willingly revoking his claim over them. Peter manages (thanks to Dr Strange) reach May and ends up hit by it.
    end of spoilers
    It implies, that spoilers:
    Mephisto is undoing OMD because he's not interesting in screwing Peter anymore or what the hell is that?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't get this line.
    spoilers:
    Mephisto sends a death bolt to kill Aunt May afterwords, having grown tired of Peter and willingly revoking his claim over them. Peter manages (thanks to Dr Strange) reach May and ends up hit by it.
    end of spoilers
    Mephisto is undoing OMD because he's not interesting in screwing Peter anymore or what the hell is that?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Dumber things have been published, but both the "bolt" aspect and Mephisto's motivation are absurd. It's OMIT all over again. "No, see, the villain actually took himself out of the equation!"
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I don't get this line.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    end of spoilers
    MJ said the deal only stands if Mephisto doesn't mess w/ Peter anymore IIRC.Killing Aunt May is that and moreover it's him revoking their deal.May for marriage.

Maybe they explain why, maybe even he is tired of this sh*t and doesn't care anymore.

Astonishing Member

Okey, but spoilers:
    May survives in this, of course if we're taking this ''leak'' seriously. So, how can deal be revoked, if May is alright?
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Okey, but spoilers:
    May survives in this, of course if we're taking this ''leak'' seriously. So, how can deal be revoked, if May is alright?
    end of spoilers
    A life for a life is a pretty typical piece of magical deal making. That's hardly the biggest issue with the spoilers (if true).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also how does the whole bringing back the dead, Sins and centipedes stuff work.
    I mean Otto explains the centipedes w/ science so is it all just science?
    That seem to be the implication, yes. Especially when the supposed leak talks about how spoilers:
    Mysterio is being gaslighted into thinking he really died, went to Hell, and that Kindred "resurrected" him.
    end of spoilers

But in the actual comics itself, we did get a clue that Kindred may not have been a demon at all at the end of Spider-Man: The Chameleon Conspiracy in Giant-Sized Amazing Spider-Man, when he asked Chameleon for another vial of the Chameleon Formula. Because why would a demon with supernatural powers need a chemical formula designed to alter one's face? Wouldn't a demon with supernatural powers be able to do that on their own?
    Last edited by stillanerd; 09-04-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member

Do we have any proof these leaks are real? Because, I have to say, I have mixed feelings about these revelations.

spoilers:
    + The moment they revealed "Gwen's" face for Kindred made me suspect about Sarah Stacy and her twin.
    + I have to say, they fixed "Sins Past" the way I imagined it. I mean, being created by Jackal's tech as test subjects and using Gwen and Peter's DNA is actually fitting.
    + Harry is a clone and Mysterio is only insane, as he never really died. Not surprised.

+ The twins want Peter dead because of their lifes are a mockery? Seriously? I don't know if they are crazy or just idiotic. I understand they want to punish Norman, but Peter was as victim of Norman's plot like he was. How dare them to blame Peter for anything?
    + I really wish Carlie wouldn't die here. I really liked her. Only hope for her could be if there's still Goblin's formula inside of her (for her time as Monster), she still has healing abilities.
    + The twins killed by Norman doesn't sound right. I mean, all things considered, I could find a better future for them and roles to fulfill.
    + You know? All things considered, they could also make Gwen appear here; and I mean the Gwen resurrected during the whole Clone Conspiracy.
    + Norman dragged to Hell by Mephisto because cloning Harry was cheating? Sounds really fitting for someone like Norman.
    + "Mephisto willingly revokes his claim over them". Does this mean the Spider-Marriage is restored or what? I really hope so. But, doesn't this mean his identity will be public again?
    + Well, Peter sacrifying himself for May is totally normal. Let's just hope he can be restore.

About the stories of #74:
    + I don't get what kind of "crisis" the Beyond Corporation would be interested to stop and why Spider-Man would be needed. Re-Do from the 90s animated series?
    + Flash and Eddie meeting MJ in the hospital, I suppose Anti-Venom could be a way to eventually heal eter and bring him back.
    + Well, Otto should have expected this reaction from May, as he stole her nephew's life just to save his own.
    end of spoilers

Are you sure this info is real?

Something doesn't make sense about this at all, especially since as recently as issue 71 we had this scene of Kindred reflecting on a moment between him and Peter as Harry:

I mean, even if Kindred was supposed to be Harry when Last Remains was written, and Spencer was forced to change it sometime after, why add a scene as late as issue 71 that just reflects Kindred believing he is Harry? If Spencer had to change the story, he should be working on making Harry be just a deception, not Kindred actually believing he is Harry and thinking about stuff only Harry and Peter would know.

Also, how in the world would Spencer ever explain away the intimate details and inside knowledge Kindred has about Harry from Last Remains, the dream sequence between Peter and Harry from OMD, the fact Kindred is watching over his wife Liz and son, Normie? That whole arc would not make sense and be a huge senseless waste of time.... How do you explain that away? These leaks make the entire run utter nonsense. The "true" Kindred(s) have terrible motivation to even go after Peter, as it was all Norman they should be pissed about. If this leak is true, I'm done with Spider-Man I have no interest in spending money on such a terrible story and incoherent plot, talk about ruining and entire run with things that make no sense.

I really hope this is fake news.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-04-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Also if Kindred's plan is all about Sin's Past and not about OMD, what is the point of including this n Sinister War? He is just screwing up his own story by including these panels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Something doesn't make sense about this at all, especially since as recently as issue 71 we had this scene of Kindred reflecting on a moment between him and Peter as Harry:

I mean, even if Kindred was supposed to be Harry when Last Remains was written, and Spencer was forced to change it sometime after, why add a scene as late as issue 71 that just reflects Kindred believing he is Harry? If Spencer had to change the story, he should be working on making Harry be just a deception, not Kindred actually believing he is Harry and thinking about stuff only Harry and Peter would know.

Also, how in the world would Spencer ever explain away the intimate details and inside knowledge Kindred has about Harry from Last Remains, the dream sequence between Peter and Harry from OMD, the fact Kindred is watching over his wife Liz and son, Normie? That whole arc would not make sense and be a huge senseless waste of time.... How do you explain that away? These leaks make the entire run utter nonsense. The "true" Kindred(s) have terrible motivation to even go after Peter, as it was all Norman they should be pissed about. If this leak is true, I'm done with Spider-Man I have no interest in spending money on such a terrible story and incoherent plot, talk about ruining and entire run with things that make no sense.

I really hope this is fake news.
    Also if Kindred's plan is all about Sin's Past and not about OMD, what is the point of including this n Sinister War? He is just screwing up his own story by including these panels.

If the leaks are real, then it doesn't matter because both Mysterio and Kindred (Gabriel) are insane and we simply what was inside their messed up minds.

Mighty Member

Yeah, there are a lot of things that don't add up between the leak and reality (especially the behind the scenes details that don't make Spencer or Brevoort look good at all), so I'm suspicious, even if I think the leak is relatively plausible and fits in with other portions of the story so far. I've been flipping back through the other Spencer issues, and there are some things that do line up (when Kindred kills "Mysterio" but it's really his psychiatrist in ASM 24(I think?), Mysterio basically gives the "what if you were just confused about dying" speech alluded to in the leaks). Then there are things that could go either way (Sin Eater, broadly speaking, shooting people and removing their sins could be a combination of illusion and hypnotism, as could Kindred appearing in dreams, but it's really a lot to take in). One would assume, were everything in that leak true, that that implies The Rose is a Chameleon, right?

As always, I'll wait until I've read it (and probably until I've done a full Spencer re-read) to really judge it completely, so all of the above is just provisional nonsense
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 09-04-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Do we have any proof these leaks are real? Because, I have to say, I have mixed feelings about these revelations.

spoilers:
    + The moment they revealed "Gwen's" face for Kindred made me suspect about Sarah Stacy and her twin.
    + I have to say, they fixed "Sins Past" the way I imagined it. I mean, being created by Jackal's tech as test subjects and using Gwen and Peter's DNA is actually fitting.
    + Harry is a clone and Mysterio is only insane, as he never really died. Not surprised.

+ The twins want Peter dead because of their lifes are a mockery? Seriously? I don't know if they are crazy or just idiotic. I understand they want to punish Norman, but Peter was as victim of Norman's plot like he was. How dare them to blame Peter for anything?
    + I really wish Carlie wouldn't die here. I really liked her. Only hope for her could be if there's still Goblin's formula inside of her (for her time as Monster), she still has healing abilities.
    + The twins killed by Norman doesn't sound right. I mean, all things considered, I could find a better future for them and roles to fulfill.
    + You know? All things considered, they could also make Gwen appear here; and I mean the Gwen resurrected during the whole Clone Conspiracy.
    + Norman dragged to Hell by Mephisto because cloning Harry was cheating? Sounds really fitting for someone like Norman.
    + "Mephisto willingly revokes his claim over them". Does this mean the Spider-Marriage is restored or what? I really hope so. But, doesn't this mean his identity will be public again?
    + Well, Peter sacrifying himself for May is totally normal. Let's just hope he can be restore.

About the stories of #74:
    + I don't get what kind of "crisis" the Beyond Corporation would be interested to stop and why Spider-Man would be needed. Re-Do from the 90s animated series?
    + Flash and Eddie meeting MJ in the hospital, I suppose Anti-Venom could be a way to eventually heal eter and bring him back.
    + Well, Otto should have expected this reaction from May, as he stole her nephew's life just to save his own.
    end of spoilers
    Did you get an advance copy of 74.Well the Chameleon Conspiracy about the serum makes the kindred story making sense.What about kings ransom well there is alway the Rose.
    Are you sure this info is real?
    What about hunted and sins rising
    Last edited by fin5; 09-04-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    What about hunted and sins rising
    <<Did you get an advance copy of 74.Well the Chameleon Conspiracy about the serum makes the kindred story making sense.What about kings ransom well there is alway the Rose>>.

I didn't write this part in my original post.

Mighty Member

you said about the story in 74 so i assumed about that
    I was just saying about the Chamelem and the serum tied in to the kindred story but Kings Ransom i would like to know how it ties that's all
    Last edited by fin5; 09-04-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    you said about the story in 74 so i assumed about that
    I was just saying about the Chamelem and the serum tied in to the kindred story but Kings Ransom i would like to know how it ties that's all
    I mentioned #74 because the link to the website where these spoilers are written there was info about #74. I don't know if any of this info is rela in the first place, thats' why I ask if someone can confirm them.