Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    I'd like another super intelligent mutant to join Beast and Sage. Maybe have Smart Alec resurrected and join them.
    I’d like sage to actually do something

Astonishing Member

I've Got a Theory and it's based on no evidence whatsoever but something tells me X-Force was affected probably the most with the internal politics between Hickman and Marvel. There's definitely a sort of tone shift after the first couple of issues of X-Force it definitely seems like it was spinning its Wheels until X of swords but then the pandemic hit and the plans for that changed so it was just spinning its Wheels until the gala and then with Inferno coming up seemed like Ben Percy finally got the go-ahead to return to the main plot of his book which is Xeno and the Cerebro Sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I've Got a Theory and it's based on no evidence whatsoever but something tells me X-Force was affected probably the most with the internal politics between Hickman and Marvel. There's definitely a sort of tone shift after the first couple of issues of X-Force it definitely seems like it was spinning its Wheels until X of swords but then the pandemic hit and the plans for that changed so it was just spinning its Wheels until the gala and then with Inferno coming up seemed like Ben Percy finally got the go-ahead to return to the main plot of his book which is Xeno and the Cerebro Sword.
    Something definitely got screwed up with X-Force prior to XoS. I still feel like the Cerebro Sword was meant to be one of the legendary swords at first.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    X-force I fear to say it but in the long term may be remembered as the most disappointing title .So much promise and good platform for great stories but it's just navel gazing at this point.So many contrived story endings if they are endings at all , like how did we go from terra Verde being a big threat to now having a Groot knock-off ally without any explanation whatsoever. Omega Red is a meat puppet ,without any consequence. I get that Cerebro sword was a symbolic ornament but now that it is stolen are we going to say it was a macguffin without any payoff? The writers seem lost honestly.I don't even think that it is plausible to conclude with the revelation of who the Peacock guy is, because if the whole big anticipated resolution is just about unmasking, then that is some anticlimax

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It really seems like the only surefire way to not have another little surprise jump out at you.
    This made me laugh so hard and I don't know why. I also found it a bit adorable, too.

I suppose the humor in this line was just "another little surprise" that jumped out at me. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Beasts has, in recent years, been an egomaniac. I believe Maria Hill even stated that Beast lacks a code of ethics and moral compass.
    I laugh at Maria Hill talking about a lack of ethics and morals.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The name 'Hank' is toxic, I think. Hank McCoy looked at how terrible Hank Pym's reputation has gotten and thought, 'Hold my beer, I can top that...'

My pet theory is that Dark Beast had bragged back in the Age of Apocalypse that he had made all sorts of genetic tweaks to 'better himself' culled from the thousands of mutants he'd processed for Lord Apocalypse, and then, for decades after what do we see? He can change the color and texture of his fur. Big friggin' whoop.

But what if he's engineered his own 'resurrection protocols,' and has a clump of one-use telepathic cells in an organ in his torso that fire up when his body dies and download his current mind into an empty clone body (and then burn out and die with the rest of the abandoned body) somewhere in one of his hidden bases, allowing him to live on forever? And what if the 'empty clone bodies' where out of range, or their were too many powerful telepaths spewing 'static' all over the place last time he died, and he instead transmitted into a not-empty 616 Hank McCoy, and has been like a computer virus inside 'our' Hank, corrupting him from within, slowly assembling himself from the fragments of code that got through?

Hank's got a disease, and it's name is Dark Beast!
    Mine is that when Hank and Dark Beast were working together to try and reverse M-day, Dark Beast implanted a copy of his mind in Hank and it has been slowly taking over Beast. Alternatively Hank's multiple secondary mutations are affecting his mind and the only way to fix him is to reverse the mutations and bring back classic Beast.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    X-force I fear to say it but in the long term may be remembered as the most disappointing title .So much promise and good platform for great stories but it's just navel gazing at this point.So many contrived story endings if they are endings at all , like how did we go from terra Verde being a big threat to now having a Groot knock-off ally without any explanation whatsoever. Omega Red is a meat puppet ,without any consequence. I get that Cerebro sword was a symbolic ornament but now that it is stolen are we going to say it was a macguffin without any payoff? The writers seem lost honestly.I don't even think that it is plausible to conclude with the revelation of who the Peacock guy is, because if the whole big anticipated resolution is just about unmasking, then that is some anticlimax
    Honestly I feel like the peacock guy was supposed to be killed off by Mikhail early on with Mikhail taking over Xeno and stealing the cerebro sword at the end of X of swords. We'll never know of course just baseless speculation. But the way the story has played out this is probably the most incompetent X-Force team in history lol it definitely didn't live up to its mutant CIA status.

I wish this tittle would wrap up everything fast and have a new writer. And that Beast would just go back to being awesome and even put a new writer on Wolverine. I like the peacock guy and interested in what's going on with Colossus, but I cant stand the mini hellfire kids the and the Terra Verde. lol please no more plant people. Hoping Inferno amps up every book, I feel like X-force , Excalibur and New mutants really need a massive booster shot in the arm. but I'm loving every other tittle and the entire x world as a whole.

Beastie is my bestie
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

I feel like Beast and Wonder Man are Marvel's Booster and Beetle. Fun together. Utterly hopeless when apart.