Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Moiraine and Lan vs Trevor and Sypha

The Aes Sedai Moiraine and her warder Lan take on the Castlevania couple of Trevor Belmont and seeker Sypha. Tevor has his regular whip and short sword.

Which magical/martial coupled pairing wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

QuickDraw but Moraine probably solos. She's quick enough on the draw and knows freaking balefire. She can also wrap Trevor in flows of air to stop the jumping about.

Lan is probably more skilled than Trevor, but much less physically gifted. Lan is a one man army but Trevor can bounce around like spider man.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    QuickDraw but Moraine probably solos. She's quick enough on the draw and knows freaking balefire. She can also wrap Trevor in flows of air to stop the jumping about.

Lan is probably more skilled than Trevor, but much less physically gifted. Lan is a one man army but Trevor can bounce around like spider man.
    Not to mention that ISTR Moiraine putting down AOE sleep weaves in the first book, possibly over an entire village, so I don't really like Trevor's chances of dodging if he doesn't have the ability to blitz her with a ranged weapon before she tosses up a shield weave. Did end of series Moiraine have any angreals or sa'angreals on her person?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Not to mention that ISTR Moiraine putting down AOE sleep weaves in the first book, possibly over an entire village, so I don't really like Trevor's chances of dodging if he doesn't have the ability to blitz her with a ranged weapon before she tosses up a shield weave. Did end of series Moiraine have any angreals or sa'angreals on her person?
    I would imagine that she was toting about an angreal - that was pretty much par for the course for her throughout the books. Certainly around the Last Battle, they were handing out angreals like pot brownies at a Phish concert.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I would imagine that she was toting about an angreal - that was pretty much par for the course for her throughout the books. Certainly around the Last Battle, they were handing out angreals like pot brownies at a Phish concert.
    Thanks to Elayne mass producing them at least. So angreal did retain their value due to the boost it would give the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Thanks to Elayne mass producing them at least. So angreal did retain their value due to the boost it would give the user.
    Of course - that's why there were so many. Elayne's talent was pretty clutch.