Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    There would be no "Spider-Family" and we wouldn't have got Hickman on the X-Men.

Andrew Garfield would still be the focal Spider-Man, but he would be crappy films (which is a shame because after seeing NWH, I'd argue he is the best Spider-Man).

Fant4stic 3 would have been released by now.
    I don't see why the Spider Family wouldn't exist? Mayday, Ben, Miguel, Kaine, Jessica, Julia, and Anya all already did exist before 2009, and Silk, Miles, and Gwen would still have happened, Miles was created when Bendis decided to kill off Ultimate Peter, and the other two were created for the Spider-Verse event.

Amazing Spider-Man 3 probably would've happened, yes. Doesn't mean they'd have continued indefinitely though.

Fant4stic 3 would never have happened anyway, Fant4stic was a failure. It still wouldn't have got a sequel even if Disney didn't buy Fox or Marvel wasn't owned by Disney.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Fant4stic 3 would never have happened anyway, Fant4stic was a failure. It still wouldn't have got a sequel even if Disney didn't buy Fox or Marvel wasn't owned by Disney.
    Wasn't that terrible reboot with Micheal B. Jordan done under the Fox banner? The Early F4 may have been goofy, but I kind of liked the cast, even if not everybody got everything right (I'm looking at you, Reed). I don't think I've ever liked Johnny Storm as much as when Chris Evans played him.

Peace

Yeah, it was 20th Century Fox - though by the time any sequel was made it would've been under Disney. We weren't referring to the films with Chris Evans - Fant4stic specifically refers to the Michael B Jordan film. FFJamie94 meant that it would've had two sequels already, which I disagree with.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It would have been bought by Sony.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The world would probably be a better place, honestly. We got a decade of pretty tight films. And now? Not so much. Not sure the tradeoff was worth it.

I think it was a net positive for branding purposes. People who have never picked up a comic know things about Marvel they never would have otherwise.