Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 740
  1. #586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The magic and psychic portions push against the null-magic and psychic push back, but the pheromones seem to increase as SWS slinks just a bit closer.

    “Are you certain? Is this the path you all wish to walk? Once I start…..I don’t stop until I get what I want.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada could feel SWS trying to worm her way into her head. Her words sounded so sweet, only enhanced by her sultry and sexy voice. It was subjugation by seduction. Her keen nose also picked up the distinct scent of pheromones. A double-edged sword that sought to cut down her defenses and bend her to the GoD’s will. She imagined most people would have been caught off-guard. She certainly was. She had never experienced anything like it before.

    Her gaze glanced upward and around, taking stock of the demon horde attack Reshlan. Were those demons fighting the Threshling knights mind-broken slaves or just loyal followers? Just how many slaves did SWS have?

    She clenched her teeth and exerted a measure of control over herself to keep herself in line with Royal Authority. “I bow to no one,” she gritted out. It didn’t have to be perfectly resistant, but just enough to give herself a fighting chance to help the others.



    “Get a grip, you idiot,” she growled. Totoma’s psychic link was forcibly projecting whatever he was thinking into her head. As nice as the images of Karine were, she really didn’t want to be distracted with things that had nothing to do with living long enough to see the next fight. Though, that link did provide something useful.

    The intoxicating aroma of SWS’ pheromones was just one of three different facets. The alluring voice in their heads was the psychic aspect, and then there an additional magical aspect to boot. Feh. It was all just cheap games that only pissed her off! “Hang on.” Herself, Totoma, Neva, Nevin, and any Threshling knights nearby were suddenly wrapped in an emeral barrier. Then another. And then another still. Those three barriers merged together, creating a triply thick barrier that, with hope, would block the pheromones from reaching them. “That should handle the pheromones.”
    Yeah, sorry, I, uh, meant to filter out... whatever that was, but I'm sort of learning as I go with these powers and I'm distracted by the sexy.

    Still, what he'd meant to say had gotten through, and that was the important part. He took his hand off of Sarada's shoulder.

    ...

    Hopefully, their combined efforts would give them a chance to actually fight this woman, instead of... whatever she had in mind for them.

    "Yeah, sorry to disappoint, but I've already got a smokin' hot wife... plus, ya know, I'm a saiyan, and there's nothing I love more than a good scrap," said Totoma. "Especially with a god... which I assume you are, since I can only feel pressure from you, like with the Wolf God and Sarada."

    OOC: ...what does SWS even look like, anyway?
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 11-24-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  2. #587
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,309

    Default



    She Who Stalks sighs, then the seductive presence fades though her words still throb and drip honey as she stares at them all.

    ďPity, but very well. To your point, saiyan, I am a God.Ē

    She raises a hand and snaps her fingers, and the sound seems to carry and amplify.

    And amplify.

    And amplify.

    Buildings shatter and shake apart, eardrums burst on those who cannot protect their ears fast enough, and any glass anywhere on the planet shatters. The sound reverberates through the world, bouncing off the planet covering storm and making sure no place is left untouched.

    Within moments, any city or building had been reduced to shattered stone across an entire planet, and most of the defending knights would have been deafened had their armor not given them some protection.

    ďAs far beyond Queen Sarada as you are beyond an ant, Saiyan.Ē

    She floats up slightly, smiling.

    ďLetís begin.Ē

    She snaps her fingers again and the shockwave flings all of you backwards into shattered buildings, Queen Nevin taking the worst of it as he head strikes a sharp stone and she falls unconscious.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #588
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Geistbane appeared in her hand and flashed through the air-less void to parry the potential killing blow. "You speak of pre-school yet like a child, you are completely ignorant of the danger you're in."

    Even though he had a perfect copy of her hand and her ax, Piecemaker was bound to her. Further, her ki had been inbued through it time and again. With those two things in mind, the ability of a woman long dead and sorely missed could be used to her advantage.

    Perfect Intuition: Xöaθra Vairya

    With Ishtar's ability to manipulate metal previous bound to her, Parsley took control of her ax's blade and turned it around to face Incenio.

    "You're about to die, Arcosian. And when you do, there will be no resurrection."

    The solar power that has been accumulated for the last few minutes flowed up the handle and bubbled into the blade. The ruins etched into it shone brightly like the sun in the far distance. Then, with an extreme flash of light that blinded Parsley, a solar blade erupted out of the blade and toward Incenio.



    Daylight's Judgment
    With a startled look, he burns away to ash.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #589
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With a startled look, he burns away to ash.
    Parsley flashed a haughty smirk and snatched her sudden unoccupied ax. "Hmph." A cursory glance in Avoca's direction showed she had also killed her Incenio clone. That meant Blizzar was the only fight remaining.

    "Nicely done," she said as she floated over to Avoca.

    "How are we talking in space?"

    "Let's wait for Blizzar to wrap things up, then we'll rendezvous with the Earthlings together."

    "Alright."

    The wives flew over to where the Arcosian Lieutenant was fighting. Not too close to make Incenio believe he was about to be jumped, but close enough for him to realize that his life would end quickly if things went south. As they waited, Parsley scanned the area with Observational Focus to make sure there weren't any enemies left.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  5. #590
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post


    She Who Stalks sighs, then the seductive presence fades though her words still throb and drip honey as she stares at them all.

    ďPity, but very well. To your point, saiyan, I am a God.Ē

    She raises a hand and snaps her fingers, and the sound seems to carry and amplify.

    And amplify.

    And amplify.

    Buildings shatter and shake apart, eardrums burst on those who cannot protect their ears fast enough, and any glass anywhere on the planet shatters. The sound reverberates through the world, bouncing off the planet covering storm and making sure no place is left untouched.

    Within moments, any city or building had been reduced to shattered stone across an entire planet, and most of the defending knights would have been deafened had their armor not given them some protection.

    ďAs far beyond Queen Sarada as you are beyond an ant, Saiyan.Ē

    She floats up slightly, smiling.

    ďLetís begin.Ē

    She snaps her fingers again and the shockwave flings all of you backwards into shattered buildings, Queen Nevin taking the worst of it as he head strikes a sharp stone and she falls unconscious.
    The power of a true GoD was demonstrated and realized beyond any shadow of doubt. Buildings crumbled to piles of debris. Windows shattered into clouds of jagged shards of glass. Sarada fell to her knees, teeth gritted together and hands clapped over bleeding ears. Her hearing wasn't completely gone, but there was an intense ringing in both ears that made it nearly impossible to hear.

    "Ugh," she groaned softly. Her gaze drifted upward and found SWS floating high above them. Then, she snapped her fingers. The shockwave was so immense that she was sent flying backward. She landed hard on her back.

    "She's as strong as I thought," she muttered. She grunted and hefted herself to her feet. A quickly glance behind her to see how everyone else was doing revealed the extent of the damage. Everything was completely destroyed. Nothing, not even a single story building, was left standing. Worse, Nevin had hit her head and was knocked out.

    "Okay, Sarada. Let's go." Her aura roared to life and lifted her into the air. The others would be there shortly. Until then, they had to buy them time.

    Her fist clenched. "Enough ants can kill a man," Sarada said as she threw a punch. Her pride flared, giving that punch the spirit rending force that sent Cancer flying out of the picture.



    Crimson Flash + Prideful Spirit 1/3
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  6. #591
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The power of a true GoD was demonstrated and realized beyond any shadow of doubt. Buildings crumbled to piles of debris. Windows shattered into clouds of jagged shards of glass. Sarada fell to her knees, teeth gritted together and hands clapped over bleeding ears. Her hearing wasn't completely gone, but there was an intense ringing in both ears that made it nearly impossible to hear.

    "Ugh," she groaned softly. Her gaze drifted upward and found SWS floating high above them. Then, she snapped her fingers. The shockwave was so immense that she was sent flying backward. She landed hard on her back.

    "She's as strong as I thought," she muttered. She grunted and hefted herself to her feet. A quickly glance behind her to see how everyone else was doing revealed the extent of the damage. Everything was completely destroyed. Nothing, not even a single story building, was left standing. Worse, Nevin had hit her head and was knocked out.

    "Okay, Sarada. Let's go." Her aura roared to life and lifted her into the air. The others would be there shortly. Until then, they had to buy them time.

    Her fist clenched. "Enough ants can kill a man," Sarada said as she threw a punch. Her pride flared, giving that punch the spirit rending force that sent Cancer flying out of the picture.



    Crimson Flash + Prideful Spirit 1/3
    The punch phases through SWS, the afterimage disappearing as the beguiling demoness appears behind Sarada, breathe so close as to blow on her neck.

    “Oh, that was quick.”

    A hand reaches around Sarada and lightly caresses the armor before turning her to face SWS.

    “But droll.”

    The hand clenches and dark energy envelopes it. The demoness smiles and then backhands Sarada halfway across the planet.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post


    She Who Stalks sighs, then the seductive presence fades though her words still throb and drip honey as she stares at them all.

    “Pity, but very well. To your point, saiyan, I am a God.”

    She raises a hand and snaps her fingers, and the sound seems to carry and amplify.

    And amplify.

    And amplify.

    Buildings shatter and shake apart, eardrums burst on those who cannot protect their ears fast enough, and any glass anywhere on the planet shatters. The sound reverberates through the world, bouncing off the planet covering storm and making sure no place is left untouched.

    Within moments, any city or building had been reduced to shattered stone across an entire planet, and most of the defending knights would have been deafened had their armor not given them some protection.

    “As far beyond Queen Sarada as you are beyond an ant, Saiyan.”

    She floats up slightly, smiling.

    “Let’s begin.”

    She snaps her fingers again and the shockwave flings all of you backwards into shattered buildings, Queen Nevin taking the worst of it as he head strikes a sharp stone and she falls unconscious.
    Totoma watched as SWS raised her hand. For such a simple gesture, it sent off alarm bells in him. A sense of foreboding came over him.

    A sense of... danger.

    ...wait. He had often felt things like this as chi--

    Snap.

    As she snapped her fingers, Totoma's hands shot to his ears and he erected a Razorback shield--and just in time, too, because the sound of the snap amplified itself numerous times over, flattening everything in sight and injuring the ears of anyone that didn't manage to protect themselves in time. Even though he had his ears covered and a shield up, his ears were still ringing a bit.

    The second snap was also preceded by a sense of danger, but he... couldn't really do anything except be flung backward, his Razorback shattering from the follow-up assault.

    Stunned for a moment, but fine, if... a bit ringy and bleeding from the ears, Totoma jumped to his feet just as Sarada went flying off into the Horizon. Welp.

    Totoma cupped his hands, energy pooling into his palms.

    "Kame... hame... ha!" he intoned, quickly gathering a (small) amount of energy and thrusting his hands forward, releasing a basic kamehameha. More of a big lightshow than anything dangerous.

    She was strong, and this wasn't really a charged attack, so she probably wouldn't bother to dodge... and that was what he wanted!

    Behind the glare of his attack, Totoma's body glowed as he activated his Phantom Body technique, his physical form turning into energy and integrating itself into the kamehameha. As his energy form travelled with the kamehameha towards SWS, Totoma drew back his 'hand' and began preparing his real attack--the strongest offensive technique of the Boar School, the Inoshishiken!



    Inspired by the unstoppable charge of a wild boar, it manifested the user's energy into a boar that would trample and gore any enemy it hit. Whether or not it would work on a god, Totoma had no idea, but it was worth a shot.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 11-24-2021 at 11:46 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  8. #593
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The punch phases through SWS, the afterimage disappearing as the beguiling demoness appears behind Sarada, breathe so close as to blow on her neck.

    “Oh, that was quick.”

    A hand reaches around Sarada and lightly caresses the armor before turning her to face SWS.

    “But droll.”

    The hand clenches and dark energy envelopes it. The demoness smiles and then backhands Sarada halfway across the planet.
    Sarada careened over Reshlan's lush green countryside until she crash-landed, digging a lengthy trench until she lost momentum and slammed through a thick fruit tree. She reached up and rubbed her jaw. Not broken, so that was good.

    "That's the power of a god," she said as she stood up and dusted herself off. "No. She's not even trying yet." If she could bitch-slap her halfway across the planet, what could she do when going full tilt? A part of Sarada was excited to find out, but the more sensible side knew the fight needed to end one way or the other well before it even got to that point. If they were going to leave Reshlan alive and in one piece, she and they had to fight smart. And fight together.

    She lifted into the air and disappeared in a burst of speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma watched as SWS raised her hand. For such a simple gesture, it sent off alarm bells in him. A sense of foreboding came over him.

    A sense of... danger.

    ...wait. He had often felt things like this as chi--

    Snap.

    As she snapped her fingers, Totoma's hands shot to his ears and he erected a Razorback shield--and just in time, too, because the sound of the snap amplified itself numerous times over, flattening everything in sight and injuring the ears of anyone that didn't manage to protect themselves in time. Even though he had his ears covered and a shield up, his ears were still ringing a bit.

    The second snap was also preceded by a sense of danger, but he... couldn't really do anything except be flung backward, his Razorback shattering from the follow-up assault.

    Stunned for a moment, but fine, if... a bit ringy and bleeding from the ears, Totoma jumped to his feet just as Sarada went flying off into the Horizon. Welp.

    Totoma cupped his hands, energy pooling into his palms.

    "Kame... hame... ha!" he intoned, quickly gathering a (small) amount of energy and thrusting his hands forward, releasing a basic kamehameha. More of a big lightshow than anything dangerous.

    She was strong, and this wasn't really a charged attack, so she probably wouldn't bother to dodge... and that was what he wanted!

    Behind the glare of his attack, Totoma's body glowed as he activated his Phantom Body technique, his physical form turning into energy and integrating itself into the kamehameha. As his energy form travelled with the kamehameha towards SWS, Totoma drew back his 'hand' and began preparing his real attack--the Inoshishiken

    And arrived in time to see Totoma launch an attack of his own. Or rather, an incredibly weak one. An instant later, he literally sunk into the Kamehameha. She had never seen anything like it, but if Totoma was good for one thing, it was innovation. She opted to wait and see what would happen and how much damage Totoma could do. If worse came to worse, she could quickly bail him out and get him to safety. Either way, they needed a reprieve so they could come up with some kind of plan. Damn it. I hate going in blind like this. I don't know a damned thing about her.

    Parsley had told her that she and Inanna had faced off with a shade of SWS on that planet Koorimaru was hiding out on. She also told her that they would have died if not for Caliban bailing them out. That shade was barely a fraction as powerful as the real deal, as she was still sealed in her own universe by the very same Caliban. That didn't bode well for their chances. He was apparently a God of Creation. If he felt the need to take that kind of step... She shook her head and focused. The only thing SWS did that day was unleash a cloud of Hakai. From the way it was explained to her, it seemed like it was similar to the ball of Hakai Asha'rah trapped her in years ago. That was an experience she very much wanted to avoid repeating, so care was needed.

    Damn it. Think Sarada. What can I do?? Even with her new god ki, she was still limited to being an infighter. She was a hammer. That style suited her well, but against someone like that, she needed something more innovative.

    I think I got it. She shot into the sky, a short distance away from the planetary cloud that shrouded Reshlan. She spread her hands and started to release pollen sized globs of ki across the battlefield.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  9. #594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Jinzi blinks and comms Praxat after she left.

    ďI do agree with Zaofan. For the foreseeable future, getting to yourÖuncle will be no easy task. Focus on the here and now, Praxat.Ē
    Sidling over to Jinzi, Zaofan cocked an eyebrow as a wily, thin smile spread across his face.

    "Speaking of the here and now, Mr. President," he said, "I don't suppose you have a moment to pitch in?"

    Folding his arms behind his back, he took a few paces as he thought.

    "I admit it's asking a bit much, but I just have to ask. How many of those floating helper drones can you spare me? You know the kind, the ones with the holo-imaging?"

  10. #595

    Default

    Nevanlinna, lacking danger sense Totoma had, and the natural battle instincts of the saiyans... and, to be honest, still being a bit drained from her "battle" with Cancer, had been taken completely by surprise by SWS' attack. She hadn't been knocked out, but when she regained her senses, she found that she was lacking a sense--her hearing. And her balance was quite off. Wonderful.

    Placing her hands on her ears, she channeled Vaikuntha's healing energies into them, and the damage inflicted healed quickly, her hearing returning with a pop and momentary ring.

    Narayana, might you be able to lend me more power?

    There was no answer. There was no need to answer, because she was Narayana, and Narayana was her, and she knew the answer to that question. As she was now, she had certain limitations, and one of those was being forbidden from relying on Narayana's power too much... both for her own and others' sake. And now that restriction, born out of a desire to not interfere too strongly in mortal affairs, was coming back to, if one would forgive her saiyan-ese... bite her in the ass.

    Looking around, she saw her mother nearby, unconscious. Making her way over to her, she didn't even bother to ask if she was all right... it was clear she was not. Focusing her energies, she attempted to heal her mother as best she could.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  11. #596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Is that so? Interesting," Zaofan said, thought his courteous airs were thinner in merriment. "Incorrigible pranksters. When Ochazuke and I were there on a goodwill mission to meet their Guardian, our trade shipments seemed to disappear before our eyes. One second they were neatly arrayed, then in an instant-," he snapped his fingers,"-as if they hadn't been there at all...that is, until they popped the Capsules."

    "Very kindly people, the Yardrats, but also a bit strange. For folks that have the ability to be anywhere in an instant, all told they'd rather keep to themselves."



    "...so you both took off, uh-huh." The flatness in his voice made it difficult to perceive whether he was joking or not, until his shoulders visibly sagged as the sigh left him.

    "I don't get it. I mean, yeah, maybe I understand a bit, but after all this time, I still don't get it," he said, "Imagine setting up a communication band that can reach across the universe. The message must have reached you, otherwise why would you be here? Yet it's been awfully quiet on Earth this whole time, until the moment there was a fight to be had. Then, and only then, with the promise of the scrap of your lives..."

    Zaofan's tongue clicked behind his teeth with a distant 'tsk'.

    "...I suppose it can't be helped. This, on the other hand, this can be fixed. Before we get on that, however, I want to know everything about the God of Destruction Cancer and this nameless one you can tell me. For this, we'll need all hands on deck, and I know just how to do that."



    Zaofan, who was also at Capsule Corps at this very moment - and was talking with Tasure where they stood not twenty feet away besides - blinked, and lowered his head with a small chuckle.

    "...one thing about learning a new skill, Praxat, is that there's no point showing it off unless it's absolutely necessary. The span from your thoughts to your action, how much power could you have saved if you paid mind to your surroundings? Save your energy for when you're going to need it in the fight to come."

    "As for your ally, we don't have time. If he wanted to join the fight, he would have followed you, yet you're the only Toadian I see here."
    Everything she knew. She could that, although what she actually knew about Cancer, let alone this She Who Stalks, was sorely lacking.

    "It goes without saying, but Cancer is strong--the only reason we fended her off was because Sarada became a god and we had a fusion to back her up... and even then, I get the impression she only left because it was too much of an annoyance to fight us," she said. Guess Zaofan knew which technique she'd pilfered now. Heh. Later, she would actually try to make an effort to be... social... and ask him about the nitty-gritty of the technique, as she had the distinct feeling Tavoca had only been just above the threshold of success.

    ...that, and it would be a good idea to get to know Totoma's friends a bit better. Probably.

    "I didn't get a chance to fight She Who Stalks, but if Cancer was like a hungry predator, then She Who Stalks felt more like an outright monster," she said. "I can't sense godly ki, yet, so I can't tell you just how strong she is, but I doubt she's any weaker than Cancer was, and she was certainly more malicious and dangerous."

    She paused for a moment to consider their options. Alone, none of them, even Sarada in her new godly form, were remotely a match for these gods of destruction. Catching them unawares might suffice to cause damage despite that, but that depended heavily on their exact skillsets. If SWS had any sort of preternatural foresight, then they were SoL. Still...

    "It's up to you, but I'd suggest you and Ochazuke fuse before joining the fight," she said. It's not that she doubted their capabilities, individually, but in situations like these, force multiplication and concentration were needed... and fusion was one of the few things that did both. Especially taking into account their greater familiarity with the technique and each other. Zaozi (?) would be a far more complete fusion than Tavoca, in that case.

    At that moment, a loud rumble originating from Tasure sounded.

    "..mm, this is off-topic, but you... wouldn't happen to have anything to eat on you, would you? I'm famished." She hadn't had anything to eat for about half a day, by her reckoning, and that was an eternity for a pureblooded saiyan to go without food.

    "As for specific capabilities... for Cancer, she seems to possess the ability to paralyze people of considerable power with a bite, and assume their form perfectly. She controls a number of vampiric frost demons, all of whom are relatively formidable individually. And there is, of course, that... power of destruction. Hakai," she said. "I can't tell you much about She Who Stalks, other than that feeling I got. I can tell you I'd much rather fight Cancer than her, for what it's worth."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 11-28-2021 at 11:47 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  12. #597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Everything she knew. She could that, although what she actually knew about Cancer, let alone this She Who Stalks, was sorely lacking.

    "It goes without saying, but Cancer is strong--the only reason we fended her off was because Sarada became a god and we had a fusion to back her up... and even then, I get the impression she only left because it was too much of an annoyance to fight us," she said. Guess Zaofan knew which technique she'd pilfered now. Heh. Later, she would actually try to make an effort to be... social... and ask him about the nitty-gritty of the technique, as she had the distinct feeling Tavoca had only been just above the threshold of success.

    ...that, and it would be a good idea to get to know Totoma's friends a bit better. Probably.

    "I didn't get a chance to fight She Who Stalks, but if Cancer was like a hungry predator, then She Who Stalks felt more like an outright monster," she said. "I can't sense godly ki, yet, so I can't tell you just how strong she is, but I doubt she's any weaker than Cancer was, and she was certainly more malicious and dangerous."

    She paused for a moment to consider their options. Alone, none of them, even Sarada in her new godly form, were remotely a match for these gods of destruction. Catching them unawares might suffice to cause damage despite that, but that depended heavily on their exact skillsets. If SWS had any sort of preternatural foresight, then they were SoL. Still...

    "It's up to you, but I'd suggest you and Ochazuke fuse before joining the fight," she said. It's not that she doubted their capabilities, individually, but in situations like these, force multiplication and concentration were needed... and fusion was one of the few things that did both. Especially taking into account their greater familiarity with the technique and each other. Zaozi (?) would be a far more complete fusion than Tavoca, in that case.

    At that moment, a loud rumble originating from Tasure sounded.

    "..mm, this is off-topic, but you... wouldn't happen to have anything to eat on you, would you? I'm famished." She hadn't had anything to eat for about half a day, by her reckoning, and that was an eternity for a pureblooded saiyan to go without food.

    "As for specific capabilities... for Cancer, she seems to possess the ability to paralyze people of considerable power with a bite, and assume their form perfectly. She controls a number of vampiric frost demons, all of whom are relatively formidable individually. And there is, of course, that... power of destruction. Hakai," she said. "I can't tell you much about She Who Stalks, other than that feeling I got. I can tell you I'd much rather fight Cancer than her, for what it's worth."
    "Heh, sounds like Sarada must have trained hard to earn that one. Let it not be said she doesn't keep her promises!," Zaofan nodded, and for a moment, it seemed the dread and fear slid off him, "Although..."

    At Tasure's suggesting they fuse immediately elicited a stiff blink and small chuckle. He cleared his throat, and swiftly he looked Tasure over.

    "...I thought I'd repeated this often enough, but perhaps Avoca missed the memo during Parsley and Sarada's training while Ochazuke and I mastered the trials of Illargi. Fusion cannot be wielded bluntly as a weapon. How are two people supposed to come together if they're entirely outside of each other's heads?...though you're looking about five pounds lighter since the last time I saw you, and these are indeed pressing times."

    Unless docking tails had become the latest fashion trend, that is. Wonder if that transfomartion was how Cancer got close enough to do the grisly deed.

    "Well, come, we'll continue this conversation at the Lookout."

    And so with a movement as easy as thought, he returned to Eva's base of operations and immediately made a beeline to the kitchen where...

    "...no...no!!!'

    It took only an instant, but footprints dotted in crumbs wove each and every where. Atop the marble counters there were streaks of sauce, upturned pie tins and shattered casseroles flecked with the last morsels of baked-on cheese. Zaofan felt the hairs bristle on the back of his neck, and with great trepidation, turned his eyes to the fridge which lay on its side. Floating over the floor, he prod it once, and dozens of glass jars tumbled out: empty, but for the last streaks of chocolate pudding where they were licked clean.

    "Hrrrk...grrrfffrrggkkkhhh....~!!!"

    But Sasheem had been fighting alongside them, which meant this was a misdeed done by only one other so cruel in his nature...



    "...AUROC---!!!!!"
    Last edited by grampagen; 11-28-2021 at 02:33 PM.

  13. #598
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley flashed a haughty smirk and snatched her sudden unoccupied ax. "Hmph." A cursory glance in Avoca's direction showed she had also killed her Incenio clone. That meant Blizzar was the only fight remaining.

    "Nicely done," she said as she floated over to Avoca.

    "How are we talking in space?"

    "Let's wait for Blizzar to wrap things up, then we'll rendezvous with the Earthlings together."

    "Alright."

    The wives flew over to where the Arcosian Lieutenant was fighting. Not too close to make Incenio believe he was about to be jumped, but close enough for him to realize that his life would end quickly if things went south. As they waited, Parsley scanned the area with Observational Focus to make sure there weren't any enemies left.
    There are no more enemies beyond the one Blizzar is fighting.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #599
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma watched as SWS raised her hand. For such a simple gesture, it sent off alarm bells in him. A sense of foreboding came over him.

    A sense of... danger.

    ...wait. He had often felt things like this as chi--

    Snap.

    As she snapped her fingers, Totoma's hands shot to his ears and he erected a Razorback shield--and just in time, too, because the sound of the snap amplified itself numerous times over, flattening everything in sight and injuring the ears of anyone that didn't manage to protect themselves in time. Even though he had his ears covered and a shield up, his ears were still ringing a bit.

    The second snap was also preceded by a sense of danger, but he... couldn't really do anything except be flung backward, his Razorback shattering from the follow-up assault.

    Stunned for a moment, but fine, if... a bit ringy and bleeding from the ears, Totoma jumped to his feet just as Sarada went flying off into the Horizon. Welp.

    Totoma cupped his hands, energy pooling into his palms.

    "Kame... hame... ha!" he intoned, quickly gathering a (small) amount of energy and thrusting his hands forward, releasing a basic kamehameha. More of a big lightshow than anything dangerous.

    She was strong, and this wasn't really a charged attack, so she probably wouldn't bother to dodge... and that was what he wanted!

    Behind the glare of his attack, Totoma's body glowed as he activated his Phantom Body technique, his physical form turning into energy and integrating itself into the kamehameha. As his energy form travelled with the kamehameha towards SWS, Totoma drew back his 'hand' and began preparing his real attack--the strongest offensive technique of the Boar School, the Inoshishiken!



    Inspired by the unstoppable charge of a wild boar, it manifested the user's energy into a boar that would trample and gore any enemy it hit. Whether or not it would work on a god, Totoma had no idea, but it was worth a shot.
    The boar strikes straight on.

    She catches the energy boar and it does push her back, but she only uses one hand and after about fifty feet, the charge stops and she is unharmed, holding it in place. She smirks.

    ďI like you. I think Iíll kill you last and use you to my fill, boy. Maybe give your husk to Cancer afterwards.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #600
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada careened over Reshlan's lush green countryside until she crash-landed, digging a lengthy trench until she lost momentum and slammed through a thick fruit tree. She reached up and rubbed her jaw. Not broken, so that was good.

    "That's the power of a god," she said as she stood up and dusted herself off. "No. She's not even trying yet." If she could bitch-slap her halfway across the planet, what could she do when going full tilt? A part of Sarada was excited to find out, but the more sensible side knew the fight needed to end one way or the other well before it even got to that point. If they were going to leave Reshlan alive and in one piece, she and they had to fight smart. And fight together.

    She lifted into the air and disappeared in a burst of speed.



    And arrived in time to see Totoma launch an attack of his own. Or rather, an incredibly weak one. An instant later, he literally sunk into the Kamehameha. She had never seen anything like it, but if Totoma was good for one thing, it was innovation. She opted to wait and see what would happen and how much damage Totoma could do. If worse came to worse, she could quickly bail him out and get him to safety. Either way, they needed a reprieve so they could come up with some kind of plan. Damn it. I hate going in blind like this. I don't know a damned thing about her.

    Parsley had told her that she and Inanna had faced off with a shade of SWS on that planet Koorimaru was hiding out on. She also told her that they would have died if not for Caliban bailing them out. That shade was barely a fraction as powerful as the real deal, as she was still sealed in her own universe by the very same Caliban. That didn't bode well for their chances. He was apparently a God of Creation. If he felt the need to take that kind of step... She shook her head and focused. The only thing SWS did that day was unleash a cloud of Hakai. From the way it was explained to her, it seemed like it was similar to the ball of Hakai Asha'rah trapped her in years ago. That was an experience she very much wanted to avoid repeating, so care was needed.

    Damn it. Think Sarada. What can I do?? Even with her new god ki, she was still limited to being an infighter. She was a hammer. That style suited her well, but against someone like that, she needed something more innovative.

    I think I got it. She shot into the sky, a short distance away from the planetary cloud that shrouded Reshlan. She spread her hands and started to release pollen sized globs of ki across the battlefield.
    Nothing seems to appear to stop you.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •