Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 615
  1. #301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Cancer blurs and falls apart, an illusion.

    From under Narayana her form erupts from the ground and grabs her by the throat, squeezing it hard enough to cut of all air. Her other hand coats in Hakai and Cancer grins.

    “Die!”

    She swings the other arm towards Narayana, attempting to impale her on her Hakai coated arm.
    Damn it.

    She was as susceptible as asphyxiation as, say, a human or saiyan, but she still needed to breath, especially in battle. Having her air supply cut off was bad... real bad.

    Is this as far as I can go?

    There was only one thing she could think of, especially in this short window of time, with those close proximity, but it went against her very nature.

    Narayana grabbed onto Cancer's arm. Take this, bitch.

    Aura of Flame.

    Normally, this was a mixture of ki and magic meant to ward off minor attacks, not anything substantial, let alone hakai. And even reinforced with hozon, it wouldn't be up to the task of warding off the power of destruction. That was not what she was aiming for.

    ...no, she was aiming at Cancer's personal hozon, attempting to set it ablaze, which would... well, it would be quite bad for the very thing preserving one's life and existence to be attacked, would it not?

    This very act was anathema to her, outside certain contexts, but if faced with destruction, she could only respond in kind... albeit more indirectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The situation on Ruco seemed hopeless. The Super Saiyans were being toyed with and Maiz was all alone in her efforts to keep Cancer's minions from absconding with the three children. Soldier after soldier fell from the sky, either grievously injured or outright dead at the hands of the Arcosian vampires. If there was a sliver of hope, no one knew where to find it or how to exploit it. They were fighting for their lives; just for the chance to barely survive to see the next minute, much less actually win.

    Still, they fought on. To give up and capitulate was the ultimate act of cowardice. There wasn't a word of "coward" in the ancient Saiyan language because cowards didn't live very long in their society. They were either slain by their tribe or killed off by one of the seemingly innumerable wild animals that competed with the Saiyans for food. It wasn't as lethal in modern Saiyan society, but cowards in the army ranks were practically ostracized and relegated to the status of "civilian".

    In short, no one fighting was a coward, so giving up wasn't an option. It was fight or die; in many cases, it was fight and die.

    Then, a spark, a small twinkle in the never-ending darkness that was the battle with Cancer's forces. It was a feeling many of them were familiar with, from when the Just Saiyan arrived on Ruco just a year ago to help with Tundra's forces. Those that were familiar accepted his help once again without hesitation. It didn't matter that he felt different than before; they knew they needed all the help they could get.

    Sarada knew who it was immediately. E Bekon? So, he decided to help. She also silently accepted his help. As did Maiz, if only to bolster her attempts at getting the children back.

    On other Saiyan worlds, a code black had been sounded. Everyone knew of the dire situation on Ruco; the worlds had been sending any soldiers they could spare through the portals in hopes of giving them much needed backup. So, when they felt the same feeling of the empathic boon sent by E Bekon, they were unsure of what it was, but accepted anyway. If nothing else, they could each help in their own way, even if they weren't able to physically fight alongside their Rucoan kin.
    They rucoans accepted, and, with a bit of delay due to the distance, so did the other worlds. E Bekon was now acting a nexus for all the hopes, dreams, and... power of the entire saiyan race. It took all of his concentration to not be ripped asunder by it. That future he'd seen grew brighter and closer, and yet, it had not become actualized.

    Damn it, what more is needed!?

    Right now, the Kizuna was dispersed... a sort of one-for-all situation. Perhaps... perhaps an all-for-one sort of arrangement was needed?

    In terms of capability, he was the obvious choice, of course. Powerful, skilled, and with unmatched psionic abilties bolstering his abilities as a ki adept. And yet...

    This was not his world or timeline, and so he did not have the right to save it. What meaning would there be if he, an interloper, acted to save it? Never mind that he could feel that he was close to returning to his timeline, anyway. Mere minutes, in fact.

    He sighed.

    This is the last time I help you. Take the hopes, dreams, and wishes of your entire people and win, he said to Sarada, telepathically, as he changed the nature and focus of the kizuna. Rather than the effect being dispersed among the many, it became focused almost entirely on one individual: the Saiyan Queen, Sarada!

    E Bekon didn't know what would happen. She might just die, or explode, but his hope was that it would power her up to the point that she could at least fend off these invaders.

    ...in any case, he had done what he could.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Avoca thought about it for a moment, then sighed and shook her head. She could practically hear her wife chastising her for wasting time checking up on her when their twins were in mortal danger. "No. She's just bitch about me wasting time seeing about her. Let's do it."
    Tasure nodded and took her position at the right number of paces from Avoca. The fusion dance was a marvelous technique, in her opinion, at least in its effect, but the actual kata needed to do it was...

    ...ridiculous. It was as if her boy had travelled back in time, taken a new name, and then developed it specifically as a practical joke to saiyan sensibilities.

    "Ready as I'll ever be."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-10-2021 at 11:05 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  2. #302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Both fly up and power up attacks, ready to blast Praxat.
    Praxat sense of electroreception warns Praxat that something is about to happen, so Praxat reacts by firing ki blasts at Haru and Sickle. ( I have to remember, did Uncle Bulllick mention any drawbacks to storing and accumulate ambient electromagnetic energy? Well, I can see one drawback,) Praxat thought.

    ( One drawback is the process in which my strength, speed, and reflexes are improving from doing this is gradual. This means I have to prolong this fight as much as possible. I don't know how much ambient electromagnetic energy I need to store and accumulate to take them out,) Praxat said.

    ( I just need to hold out until I can store and accumulate enough,) Praxat thought.

    Praxat gets an idea to use Electronic Communication to send a transmission to Dr. Wheelo's mech. ( Hey Dr.Wheelo, this is Praxat. do you have any more mechs, and if so, where do you keep them? ) Praxat said electricalpathically.

    Electromagnetic Accumulation post 3
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-10-2021 at 09:56 PM.

  3. #303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Dreadnaught let lose a soundless roar that still screamed inside their brains, bursting blood vessels in some from its sheer psychic presence. It wave sits arms and sends a legion of smaller parasite drones towards the two ships.

    The Coldlight comms them.

    ¬ďWe¬íve got the little ones! Keep going Gotengo!!!¬Ē

    The Coldlight unleashes it’s newest weapon, the Pale Star, and let’s fly with hundreds of white lasers that bend around the Gotengo and slam or pin the encroaching horde of drones as best they can.

    It fell upon the decks of the Gotengo like a psychic crash, and some of the officers on the bridge who were not braced for it were thrown back or otherwise collapsed upon their instruments as it passed. Ochazuke felt their presences flicker out; though they yet lived, these members of his crew came near to perishing, and among those that still stood, they could do little but rear back as the blood darkened their eyes and spilled from their noses. Yet so determined they were that the will that governed their souls, they would not turn back now. Silent, mocking laughter filled the bridge, and he felt their ki flood the vessel despite their condition.

    Even if their minds thrown asunder, their hearts were not backward now, and for each life that lay in the balance, those that remained roused a fighting spirit. Their companions on the Coldlight had the faster vessel, and the deft maneuvers it made against the drones were exacting as they were swiftly cut down. The sheer mass of the thing, however, sent the numbers of the parasitic drones out as innumerable as the ocean's waves, and the relative size made the distance to their target stretch long and nigh continental. Laser light turbulence crashed, ashen mechanical figments broke apart, and the Gotengo's bow drill, filled with the collected power of its crew, continued to gather the energy and push forward.

    If it would speak a last word, the gnashing cries of an irrational beast may perhaps suit a thrall of Sakin well.

    _____

    Standing in the siphon engine that empowered one of the Wave Motion Cannon's power plants, Kenshiko's stance was rooted, and the power she gathered before her was several order of magnitudes larger than she'd ever held before. While she couldn't quite feel the energy stirring from the Earth itself, she knew the faces of every single one of the EDF Corps under her charge, and the names of those who used to march beside her in the Red Raiders. Atop the Ring that cradled around the world, they stood, the elite fighting force at the vanguard of Earth and Outer Space. Their ki, she could sense them all, the hundreds of thousands who took up arms when they came calling, and all those who would fight that she had trained. Far below them on the Lookout, there was the cook, Zaofan. For such a talented guy, he always had his hands full with some spot of trouble whether he went looking for it or it had stumbled into him.

    Out there before her eyes, there was the last Orthodox student of the Tiger School. She stood here watching his back as he led their attack forward into a path she could not follow. He'd reached out to them and the wider universe in rebuttal to that creature who stood astride his throne of blood and bones, and she'd intended to ensure that Sakin knew it for true.

    "Wave Motion Cannon, 65%! The vector's locked!"

    One hundred thousand ki adepts synchronized upon a single point. Bound by the unspoken covenant, they shared a common course of thought guided by their will. The power conduits shook as great gates opened. Within the firing chamber, Kenshiko stood next to the mechanism that issued such power it overloaded the conventions of physics. The phenomena could hardly be explained, but as it had been observed for thousands of years upon the Earth, it had been enacted by their martial lineage.

    "Tannhauser Gates open! Releasing the final safeties!"

    "Good. On my mark," she ordered, "fire directly at the Gotengo."

    The power that flooded before her gathered to a pulsating orb. It was a cruder expression of the Genki techniques she'd only begun to unravel, and gathered from the dedicated offerings of ki from warriors, the myriad realizations were not in harmony. This it fell to her to use the grit pounded into her flesh over the years to rouse the Master's expression.

    Zxu'ro...I've never asked anything of you that I couldn't gain for myself. If it was to keep the Earth safe, I'd do whatever it took...

    The Lion's Mane wreathed the shot, and the Phoenix's Wings spread to take flight, and curling her fingers, the Tiger's Fangs took the head of the Techniques of the Ten as she contained it there.

    But it was never about that, was it? Fighting mindlessly, that's a strength without purpose.

    "3! 2! 1! Mark!"

    But fuck you if you think I'll take this lying down. A Master has responsibilities, and if it's for those two, I'll do them one better than you ever did.

    _____

    Long spatial knots remained as the Gotengo burrowed forward into the energy beam of the Dreadnaught, the energy gathered into the ki-construct shrouding its drill seemed to have reached a limitation. No matter how far it pressed, it seemed the force would not abate, and this was as far as they could go. Ochazuke grit his teeth. Now effectively alone on the bridge as his crew had either sheltered or passed out from the spiritual strain, he continued to fight through the cultivation of the energies they'd passed along to him.

    Then one by one, a small miracle happened. It came coursing along the small golden path, a trail of Genki flowing upon Heka issued from the residents of the Big Ghetti Star. Bit by bit, every civilian, security officer, or wayward trader who'd speculated into a surer thing added their will and support to his own, and against the torrent of power before them it passed through like a ray of the sun. They believed in them, and small as they were, their intentions were, too, magnified.

    Then suddenly from behind, the Wave Motion Cannon fired. Sculpted by Kenshiko, the power aligned exactingly with Ochazuke's own technique, synchronizing the EDF's weapon output with the energies put into the Gotengo, and pushed into the rotations of the bow drill, the energies aligned with the Dreadnaught's, in turn, and the extradimensional presence surrounding it.

    In an instant, the burrowing ki construct expanded across the distance into a great, flaming energy lance that hurtled forward. Its tip twist on impact with the surface, and began spinning directly into the eye of a god.

  4. #304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "That sounds like a mess.....ok, if Auroc isn't gonna cause trouble then I'll pass it along." The Green seems to stare off into space for a second, then returns her gaze to Zaofan. "Ok, message heard loud and clear....Master says please enjoy the show."

    ----

    Below, in the space between the bottom of the lookout and the portal below it, space distorts into a kaleidoscope of color as something cuts the air to form a hole in space. Moment later a figure emerges, clad in glowing robe that blazed a blue etheric light, a multicolored sword in one hand and a grand staff in the style of the fey wilds in the other.

    Etrina looked down at the swarming gateway below and frowned, then looked up towards the leech covered bottom half of the lookout and looked momentarily sick. Nevertheless she quickly spun in the air, her staff leaving a cold line of energy in a circle around her body that expanded into a runic circle. The magic coalesced into hundreds of 4-5 foot shafts of ice as the circle expanded, and then with a flourish of her staff then fired upwards.

    Hundreds stabbed into the outer wall of the lookouts bowl shaped underbelly, not particularly aimed at any leech but stabbing many of them none the less. As soon as they plunged into the wall the ice spread from each impact point...covering over the leeches that weren't hit with a sheet of magical ice that quickly filled in what hadn't been struck.

    In a matter of a minute or so, the entire bottom half of the lookout had a frozen layer of enchanted ice.....and etrina magically levitated herself far to the side before snapping her finger over her head. The enchanted ice bowl severed itself from the lookout and fell......one solid bowl shaped mass with the leeches frozen into it, pulling down with such massive weight that none could stay attached, and plummeted down past Etrina towards the opening of the portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With Zaofan pulling them down a bit with the Woven Path, and Sasheem making sure no stragglers lay upon the sides with his futon Norman’s, Etrina makes it look all to easy as the underside ices over and then falls down, trapping the leeches. The ice bowl falls and falls, until it vanishes suddenly.


    The Lookout stops moving an Auroc nods.

    “The portal is still there, I can sense it. You’ve sent them back through but they’ll come back quickly. Or send one of their……..pets.”
    The chill in the air sent one up his spine, the likes of which he hadn't felt for...almost a year now. That frost, that grace, that magic could only mean-!

    "Guh...huh-huh-huh..."

    Despite the Lookout having ceased its descent, Zaofan went rubbery-kneed and wobbled for a moment.

    Then Auroc spoke. Whether it was his shrunken, malleable features or his weak chin, at this moment no face in the world seemed more punchable than his. And yet, slowly - reluctantly - he recomposed himself.

    "...so what do we do? For some of us, at least three of the four options are out."

    Magic, went without saying. Only the Mistress and...ugh, Sasheem...could do anything with that, and transmutation, in particular. Godly Energy was out of the question, and he guarded Asha'rah in his spice pocket, and Evangeline was already occupied.

    That left Zaofan's course of action rather limited, and his hands sunk to his side, his staff dragging upon the ground as he sighed.

    Then he turned his eyes toward's Charco's Solar Shot and reignited it with the Warm Glowing, Warming Glow in an effort to expand its power.

    "If they hate the sunshine, let's give them the full spectrum spotlight!!"

  5. #305
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Mega-Durive begins to hold his spindly arms out and spins rapidly before moving forward, becoming a massive blue whirlwind in space to tear apart the ships.

    Meanwhile, Blizzar approaches the two individuals, charging their energy. "May I help you two?" he asked, in a courteous tone, eyes narrowing to see if he recognized the individuals present.
    Oddly, he does.


    Both are Arcosians, with a familiar red plating.

    Itís two Incenioís, and they both look rather pissed at you.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #306
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Pinach and Rutaba's golden hair returned to their natural black hue as they lost consciousness. They were picked up and taken without trouble.




    Maiz was helpless as the three children were snatched up out of the air by two more and carried away at speeds she couldn't hope to match. Even if they were much faster than her, that wasn't going to stop her from trying. Her aura roared to life and she flew after them as fast as she could.

    Kumara wriggled in her captor's grasp, completely unable to break free. "Leave me alone!" she whined, banging on his forearm with her little baby fists. She unleashed another burst of Hakai.

    Mais and Garnish could only struggle helplessly as the other Arcosian carried them away. "Mom, help us!"




    Sarada frowned, feeling both confusion and apprehension when her opponents suddenly stopped fighting and flew off. "What?"

    'Sarada, they have the children!'

    Maiz's words echoed in her head. Her heart nearly stopped beating. "No.... NOOOOOO!!" She exploded into motion, a singular golden streak of light as she desperately chased after the four Arcosians. One of them had her daughter. Someone please do something! She couldn't even fire any blasts after them out of fear of hitting one of the kids. All she could do was chase after them and hope they didn't have some kind of teleportation ability or portal spells they could use to get off the planet. "I WON'T LET YOU TAKE MY DAUGHTER!!"

    Super Saiyan 3 4/10
    The others, more aware of how dangerous the child is, avoid the burst of hakai with their TK and continue on.

    As the vampiric Arcosians begin to shimmer in a red haze, a beam of pure Creational Energy comes down on the one holding Kurama, disentigrating the Arcosians whole. The others lean back, away from the light (still holding the other children) as a familiar figure swoops down and catches Kurama.

    Meagan, Guardian of Chroma, had arrived. She looked battered and bruised, and blood trickles down from a gash in her forehead, but her Kami staff is held right in one hand as she gently holds Kurama in the other. She sends out a telepathic call to the others.

    ĎPure Creational energy! It acts like Hakai against them! Two attempted to kill me and Cyanna on Chroma, they wanted to kidnap mine and Jinziís kids!í

    She steps back as the Arcosians start to power up, reddish energy swirling around their hands.

    ĎIímÖ..pretty tapped out. Took a lot toÖget here. Iíll hold them up as..long as I can.í
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #307
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Damn it.

    She was as susceptible as asphyxiation as, say, a human or saiyan, but she still needed to breath, especially in battle. Having her air supply cut off was bad... real bad.

    Is this as far as I can go?

    There was only one thing she could think of, especially in this short window of time, with those close proximity, but it went against her very nature.

    Narayana grabbed onto Cancer's arm. Take this, bitch.

    Aura of Flame.

    Normally, this was a mixture of ki and magic meant to ward off minor attacks, not anything substantial, let alone hakai. And even reinforced with hozon, it wouldn't be up to the task of warding off the power of destruction. That was not what she was aiming for.

    ...no, she was aiming at Cancer's personal hozon, attempting to set it ablaze, which would... well, it would be quite bad for the very thing preserving one's life and existence to be attacked, would it not?

    This very act was anathema to her, outside certain contexts, but if faced with destruction, she could only respond in kind... albeit more indirectly.



    They rucoans accepted, and, with a bit of delay due to the distance, so did the other worlds. E Bekon was now acting a nexus for all the hopes, dreams, and... power of the entire saiyan race. It took all of his concentration to not be ripped asunder by it. That future he'd seen grew brighter and closer, and yet, it had not become actualized.

    Damn it, what more is needed!?

    Right now, the Kizuna was dispersed... a sort of one-for-all situation. Perhaps... perhaps an all-for-one sort of arrangement was needed?

    In terms of capability, he was the obvious choice, of course. Powerful, skilled, and with unmatched psionic abilties bolstering his abilities as a ki adept. And yet...

    This was not his world or timeline, and so he did not have the right to save it. What meaning would there be if he, an interloper, acted to save it? Never mind that he could feel that he was close to returning to his timeline, anyway. Mere minutes, in fact.

    He sighed.

    This is the last time I help you. Take the hopes, dreams, and wishes of your entire people and win, he said to Sarada, telepathically, as he changed the nature and focus of the kizuna. Rather than the effect being dispersed among the many, it became focused almost entirely on one individual: the Saiyan Queen, Sarada!

    E Bekon didn't know what would happen. She might just die, or explode, but his hope was that it would power her up to the point that she could at least fend off these invaders.

    ...in any case, he had done what he could.



    Tasure nodded and took her position at the right number of paces from Avoca. The fusion dance was a marvelous technique, in her opinion, at least in its effect, but the actual kata needed to do it was...

    ...ridiculous. It was as if her boy had travelled back in time, taken a new name, and then developed it specifically as a practical joke to saiyan sensibilities.

    "Ready as I'll ever be."
    Cancer howls as her body is engulfed in redish gold flames. She howls and rages, and chaotic beams of Hakai lance out randomly from her as she attempts to get herself under control.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #308
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat sense of electroreception warns Praxat that something is about to happen, so Praxat reacts by firing ki blasts at Haru and Sickle. ( I have to remember, did Uncle Bulllick mention any drawbacks to storing and accumulate ambient electromagnetic energy? Well, I can see one drawback,) Praxat thought.

    ( One drawback is the process in which my strength, speed, and reflexes are improving from doing this is gradual. This means I have to prolong this fight as much as possible. I don't know how much ambient electromagnetic energy I need to store and accumulate to take them out,) Praxat said.

    ( I just need to hold out until I can store and accumulate enough,) Praxat thought.

    Praxat gets an idea to use Electronic Communication to send a transmission to Dr. Wheelo's mech. ( Hey Dr.Wheelo, this is Praxat. do you have any more mechs, and if so, where do you keep them? ) Praxat said electricalpathically.

    Electromagnetic Accumulation post 3
    A reply comes back.

    ĎStorage Room Seven, South side of CC.í

    The two fire their blasts at Praxat, and the Toadian will note they seem to be Ki tracking blasts as they curve towards her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #309
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

    It fell upon the decks of the Gotengo like a psychic crash, and some of the officers on the bridge who were not braced for it were thrown back or otherwise collapsed upon their instruments as it passed. Ochazuke felt their presences flicker out; though they yet lived, these members of his crew came near to perishing, and among those that still stood, they could do little but rear back as the blood darkened their eyes and spilled from their noses. Yet so determined they were that the will that governed their souls, they would not turn back now. Silent, mocking laughter filled the bridge, and he felt their ki flood the vessel despite their condition.

    Even if their minds thrown asunder, their hearts were not backward now, and for each life that lay in the balance, those that remained roused a fighting spirit. Their companions on the Coldlight had the faster vessel, and the deft maneuvers it made against the drones were exacting as they were swiftly cut down. The sheer mass of the thing, however, sent the numbers of the parasitic drones out as innumerable as the ocean's waves, and the relative size made the distance to their target stretch long and nigh continental. Laser light turbulence crashed, ashen mechanical figments broke apart, and the Gotengo's bow drill, filled with the collected power of its crew, continued to gather the energy and push forward.

    If it would speak a last word, the gnashing cries of an irrational beast may perhaps suit a thrall of Sakin well.

    _____

    Standing in the siphon engine that empowered one of the Wave Motion Cannon's power plants, Kenshiko's stance was rooted, and the power she gathered before her was several order of magnitudes larger than she'd ever held before. While she couldn't quite feel the energy stirring from the Earth itself, she knew the faces of every single one of the EDF Corps under her charge, and the names of those who used to march beside her in the Red Raiders. Atop the Ring that cradled around the world, they stood, the elite fighting force at the vanguard of Earth and Outer Space. Their ki, she could sense them all, the hundreds of thousands who took up arms when they came calling, and all those who would fight that she had trained. Far below them on the Lookout, there was the cook, Zaofan. For such a talented guy, he always had his hands full with some spot of trouble whether he went looking for it or it had stumbled into him.

    Out there before her eyes, there was the last Orthodox student of the Tiger School. She stood here watching his back as he led their attack forward into a path she could not follow. He'd reached out to them and the wider universe in rebuttal to that creature who stood astride his throne of blood and bones, and she'd intended to ensure that Sakin knew it for true.

    "Wave Motion Cannon, 65%! The vector's locked!"

    One hundred thousand ki adepts synchronized upon a single point. Bound by the unspoken covenant, they shared a common course of thought guided by their will. The power conduits shook as great gates opened. Within the firing chamber, Kenshiko stood next to the mechanism that issued such power it overloaded the conventions of physics. The phenomena could hardly be explained, but as it had been observed for thousands of years upon the Earth, it had been enacted by their martial lineage.

    "Tannhauser Gates open! Releasing the final safeties!"

    "Good. On my mark," she ordered, "fire directly at the Gotengo."

    The power that flooded before her gathered to a pulsating orb. It was a cruder expression of the Genki techniques she'd only begun to unravel, and gathered from the dedicated offerings of ki from warriors, the myriad realizations were not in harmony. This it fell to her to use the grit pounded into her flesh over the years to rouse the Master's expression.

    Zxu'ro...I've never asked anything of you that I couldn't gain for myself. If it was to keep the Earth safe, I'd do whatever it took...

    The Lion's Mane wreathed the shot, and the Phoenix's Wings spread to take flight, and curling her fingers, the Tiger's Fangs took the head of the Techniques of the Ten as she contained it there.

    But it was never about that, was it? Fighting mindlessly, that's a strength without purpose.

    "3! 2! 1! Mark!"

    But fuck you if you think I'll take this lying down. A Master has responsibilities, and if it's for those two, I'll do them one better than you ever did.

    _____

    Long spatial knots remained as the Gotengo burrowed forward into the energy beam of the Dreadnaught, the energy gathered into the ki-construct shrouding its drill seemed to have reached a limitation. No matter how far it pressed, it seemed the force would not abate, and this was as far as they could go. Ochazuke grit his teeth. Now effectively alone on the bridge as his crew had either sheltered or passed out from the spiritual strain, he continued to fight through the cultivation of the energies they'd passed along to him.

    Then one by one, a small miracle happened. It came coursing along the small golden path, a trail of Genki flowing upon Heka issued from the residents of the Big Ghetti Star. Bit by bit, every civilian, security officer, or wayward trader who'd speculated into a surer thing added their will and support to his own, and against the torrent of power before them it passed through like a ray of the sun. They believed in them, and small as they were, their intentions were, too, magnified.

    Then suddenly from behind, the Wave Motion Cannon fired. Sculpted by Kenshiko, the power aligned exactingly with Ochazuke's own technique, synchronizing the EDF's weapon output with the energies put into the Gotengo, and pushed into the rotations of the bow drill, the energies aligned with the Dreadnaught's, in turn, and the extradimensional presence surrounding it.

    In an instant, the burrowing ki construct expanded across the distance into a great, flaming energy lance that hurtled forward. Its tip twist on impact with the surface, and began spinning directly into the eye of a god.
    To any on Earth, the feeling would be like pressure released from your ears. The look of it, like a comet slamming through the shadow of a stellar colossus.

    To those above in space, watching it was a glorious hyper drill of swirling golden white energy that slammed into the Dreadnaught faster than light, the drill tearing through the shield and body like a hot knife through butter.



    In a single instant, the Gotengo had left a massive trail of energy behind it, the lanced path through the Dreadnaught that slowly, slowly, begins to break apart. No longer driven by a single will or protected by it, many of the parasitic drones float away and attempt to strike down at Earth.

    But the EDF forces, and the Coldlight, keep up the pressure.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #310
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The chill in the air sent one up his spine, the likes of which he hadn't felt for...almost a year now. That frost, that grace, that magic could only mean-!

    "Guh...huh-huh-huh..."

    Despite the Lookout having ceased its descent, Zaofan went rubbery-kneed and wobbled for a moment.

    Then Auroc spoke. Whether it was his shrunken, malleable features or his weak chin, at this moment no face in the world seemed more punchable than his. And yet, slowly - reluctantly - he recomposed himself.

    "...so what do we do? For some of us, at least three of the four options are out."

    Magic, went without saying. Only the Mistress and...ugh, Sasheem...could do anything with that, and transmutation, in particular. Godly Energy was out of the question, and he guarded Asha'rah in his spice pocket, and Evangeline was already occupied.

    That left Zaofan's course of action rather limited, and his hands sunk to his side, his staff dragging upon the ground as he sighed.

    Then he turned his eyes toward's Charco's Solar Shot and reignited it with the Warm Glowing, Warming Glow in an effort to expand its power.

    "If they hate the sunshine, let's give them the full spectrum spotlight!!"
    Auroc nods slowly. He has the Maven cast a spell to boost the light of the Solar Shot and points to it.

    “The dinosaur boy can hold it, we dump our power into the Solar Shot, then dump that into the portal. Essentially, nuking it with a mini-sun.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The others, more aware of how dangerous the child is, avoid the burst of hakai with their TK and continue on.

    As the vampiric Arcosians begin to shimmer in a red haze, a beam of pure Creational Energy comes down on the one holding Kurama, disentigrating the Arcosians whole. The others lean back, away from the light (still holding the other children) as a familiar figure swoops down and catches Kurama.

    Meagan, Guardian of Chroma, had arrived. She looked battered and bruised, and blood trickles down from a gash in her forehead, but her Kami staff is held right in one hand as she gently holds Kurama in the other. She sends out a telepathic call to the others.

    ‘Pure Creational energy! It acts like Hakai against them! Two attempted to kill me and Cyanna on Chroma, they wanted to kidnap mine and Jinzi’s kids!’

    She steps back as the Arcosians start to power up, reddish energy swirling around their hands.

    I’m…..pretty tapped out. Took a lot to…get here. I’ll hold them up as..long as I can.’
    OOC: ....

    Personally, it would make more sense to me for Meagan to head to Earth.

    Also, getting close to a scared kid who tends to burp hakai when she's experiencing stranger danger even when not scared shitless is... lol.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  12. #312
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC: ....

    Personally, it would make more sense to me for Meagan to head to Earth.

    Also, getting close to a scared kid who tends to burp hakai when she's experiencing stranger danger even when not scared shitless is... lol.
    OT: I was working off the idea of there still being echoes of the connection all the Guardians had at the start of the Chapter, where they helped locate Sakin. I figured if anyone could maybe feel Maiz’s distress, it would be a fellow Guardian who had met her and had recently been in energy contact with.

    Besides, I had already planned on the vampires attacking Chroma too, off screen anyways.

    As to the other point, well, you aren’t wrong. Of course she doesn’t have that much Hakai, but still potentially dangerous.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #313
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Oddly, he does.


    Both are Arcosians, with a familiar red plating.

    Itís two Incenioís, and they both look rather pissed at you.
    "..."

    Blizzar froze for a moment. His blood would've run cold if he wasn't already cold-blooded. Incenio was a hated enemy and even if he hadn't increased much in strength since their last encounter, he and his clone would still prove hard to kill. An annoying parasite with cannibalistic tendencies...

    "Erm. Salutations, gentlemen. I don't suppose you have a disagreement with our world's Galaxy Police so much as myself. Unfortunately for them, I no longer am employed there, so you can cease your aggressions against my former compatriots and focus on me. However, I see no reason for us to fight. Surely two accomplished minds such as yourselves would be open to some sort of negotiations?"

  14. #314
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The others, more aware of how dangerous the child is, avoid the burst of hakai with their TK and continue on.

    As the vampiric Arcosians begin to shimmer in a red haze, a beam of pure Creational Energy comes down on the one holding Kurama, disentigrating the Arcosians whole. The others lean back, away from the light (still holding the other children) as a familiar figure swoops down and catches Kurama.

    Meagan, Guardian of Chroma, had arrived. She looked battered and bruised, and blood trickles down from a gash in her forehead, but her Kami staff is held right in one hand as she gently holds Kurama in the other. She sends out a telepathic call to the others.

    ‘Pure Creational energy! It acts like Hakai against them! Two attempted to kill me and Cyanna on Chroma, they wanted to kidnap mine and Jinzi’s kids!’

    She steps back as the Arcosians start to power up, reddish energy swirling around their hands.

    I’m…..pretty tapped out. Took a lot to…get here. I’ll hold them up as..long as I can.’
    Maiz hadn't been expecting to see Meagan, but she would always welcome the help. 'Thank you, Meagan. I'll take it from here.'

    In the face of Meagan's suddenly appearance, the Arcosian vampires halted their escape for the time being. That would prove to be a costly error if Maiz had anything to do with it. She veered skyward, ascending until she could see the entire battlefield from her vantage point. To her dismay, she couldn't find Pinach and Rutaba. She would deal with that in just a second.

    Her hands became aglow with Creation energy. Once again, she placed both of them to her temple and activated her telepathy. 'Hear me, parasites,' her voice echoed in the heads of the vampires, 'Coming to this world and taking those children will be your final mistake. Begone from this world and never return!'

    She bathed the entire area where the vampires were grouped in a psychic inferno, enhanced by her Creation. She only targeted the vampires, so Meagan and the children would only feel a soothing warmth, as if they were sitting next to a campfire on a cold night.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  15. #315
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "..."

    Blizzar froze for a moment. His blood would've run cold if he wasn't already cold-blooded. Incenio was a hated enemy and even if he hadn't increased much in strength since their last encounter, he and his clone would still prove hard to kill. An annoying parasite with cannibalistic tendencies...

    "Erm. Salutations, gentlemen. I don't suppose you have a disagreement with our world's Galaxy Police so much as myself. Unfortunately for them, I no longer am employed there, so you can cease your aggressions against my former compatriots and focus on me. However, I see no reason for us to fight. Surely two accomplished minds such as yourselves would be open to some sort of negotiations?"
    “Hmm, last time I did something like that I got swindled by you and that Nevadian, Blizzar.”

    The other clone nods.

    “We’re more in favor of agressive negotiations at the moment.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •