Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 736
  1. #601
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Sidling over to Jinzi, Zaofan cocked an eyebrow as a wily, thin smile spread across his face.

    "Speaking of the here and now, Mr. President," he said, "I don't suppose you have a moment to pitch in?"

    Folding his arms behind his back, he took a few paces as he thought.

    "I admit it's asking a bit much, but I just have to ask. How many of those floating helper drones can you spare me? You know the kind, the ones with the holo-imaging?"
    ďTwo dozen. Takeíem, theyíre yours and anything else I can spare.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #602
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna, lacking danger sense Totoma had, and the natural battle instincts of the saiyans... and, to be honest, still being a bit drained from her "battle" with Cancer, had been taken completely by surprise by SWS' attack. She hadn't been knocked out, but when she regained her senses, she found that she was lacking a sense--her hearing. And her balance was quite off. Wonderful.

    Placing her hands on her ears, she channeled Vaikuntha's healing energies into them, and the damage inflicted healed quickly, her hearing returning with a pop and momentary ring.

    Narayana, might you be able to lend me more power?

    There was no answer. There was no need to answer, because she was Narayana, and Narayana was her, and she knew the answer to that question. As she was now, she had certain limitations, and one of those was being forbidden from relying on Narayana's power too much... both for her own and others' sake. And now that restriction, born out of a desire to not interfere too strongly in mortal affairs, was coming back to, if one would forgive her saiyan-ese... bite her in the ass.

    Looking around, she saw her mother nearby, unconscious. Making her way over to her, she didn't even bother to ask if she was all right... it was clear she was not. Focusing her energies, she attempted to heal her mother as best she could.
    Queen Nevin groans but gets up, wound closing.

    ďThat was unpleasant. Thank you, dear.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #603
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Heh, sounds like Sarada must have trained hard to earn that one. Let it not be said she doesn't keep her promises!," Zaofan nodded, and for a moment, it seemed the dread and fear slid off him, "Although..."

    At Tasure's suggesting they fuse immediately elicited a stiff blink and small chuckle. He cleared his throat, and swiftly he looked Tasure over.

    "...I thought I'd repeated this often enough, but perhaps Avoca missed the memo during Parsley and Sarada's training while Ochazuke and I mastered the trials of Illargi. Fusion cannot be wielded bluntly as a weapon. How are two people supposed to come together if they're entirely outside of each other's heads?...though you're looking about five pounds lighter since the last time I saw you, and these are indeed pressing times."

    Unless docking tails had become the latest fashion trend, that is. Wonder if that transfomartion was how Cancer got close enough to do the grisly deed.

    "Well, come, we'll continue this conversation at the Lookout."

    And so with a movement as easy as thought, he returned to Eva's base of operations and immediately made a beeline to the kitchen where...

    "...no...no!!!'

    It took only an instant, but footprints dotted in crumbs wove each and every where. Atop the marble counters there were streaks of sauce, upturned pie tins and shattered casseroles flecked with the last morsels of baked-on cheese. Zaofan felt the hairs bristle on the back of his neck, and with great trepidation, turned his eyes to the fridge which lay on its side. Floating over the floor, he prod it once, and dozens of glass jars tumbled out: empty, but for the last streaks of chocolate pudding where they were licked clean.

    "Hrrrk...grrrfffrrggkkkhhh....~!!!"

    But Sasheem had been fighting alongside them, which meant this was a misdeed done by only one other so cruel in his nature...



    "...AUROC---!!!!!"
    There is a single note amidst the mess.

    It reads as follows:

    Thanks for Lunch.

    -Auroc
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #604
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Nothing seems to appear to stop you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The boar strikes straight on.

    She catches the energy boar and it does push her back, but she only uses one hand and after about fifty feet, the charge stops and she is unharmed, holding it in place. She smirks.

    ďI like you. I think Iíll kill you last and use you to my fill, boy. Maybe give your husk to Cancer afterwards.Ē
    Perfect, SWS was too busy with Totoma to notice what Sarada was doing. She continued pumping the air full of her ki pollen unabated until the air above the battlefield was covered with a crimson fog. If she couldn't fight a GoD directly, then indirectly was the only way to go. Seems Totoma was making some headway before she stopped him, she realized upon watching his charge attack barrel into her and actually push her back before she managed to brace herself. At that, Sarada knew what she had to do.

    She summoned a portion of the ki pollen and coalesced it together into a pair of rings, then sent them downward. With Supreme Hunter, she forced the cuffs around SWS' wrists and tried to force her hands before her back to give Totoma a wide open avenue to continue his attack.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  5. #605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell¬’s Brigade View Post
    ¬“Two dozen. Take¬’em, they¬’re yours and anything else I can spare.¬”
    "...two dozen, well!" Zaofan nodded, appraising the drones as they came in. Round globes hovering by an antigravity device, these had come invaluable when they'd gone off to meet the leaders of planets across the wider universe.

    When paths diverged and he'd had to deliver a message by proxy, he'd send out one of these. One was enough to light up for a crowd.

    "...I can't promise I'll bring these back in one piece, but I think they'll help broaden our reach. I owe you another one."

    Assembled in the spice pocket at his waist with many other capsules, his smirk suddenly faded as he looked over the Capsule Corp building and the survivors. Jinzi at least had been with them since the beginning, the info trickled down to the specialists on staff. But Karis, she'd fallen asleep at the end of one nightmare, only to wake up in the midst of all of this.

    What more can you take from us, Sakin? Because you lost everything, you'll steal your sustenance, even from the innocent...

    As the world fell apart around them, he at least knew the Earth wouldn't go without a fight.

    "Listen, from the sound of things, I know it looks bad, but we might be one of the lucky ones. You've gotta hold it down, Jinzi, while we go and get our universe back," he said, "our friends are out there, we've got to find them, and we'll bring this to an end..."

    He trailed off for a moment and grit his teeth. "If it comes to it though, and I'd never say this lightly...if things go south, find Eva, use that last wish. And then...it might be the one time to break the glass."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell¬’s Brigade View Post
    There is a single note amidst the mess.

    It reads as follows:

    Thanks for Lunch.

    -Auroc
    Unfortunately, on the cusp of reaching deep within himself to meet their darkest hour, the chef hadn't anticipated a particularly pointed, additional blow to his morale would rattle him to his core.

    Plates were scraped clean, the empty meat locker howled with the desolation of the coldest desert night, and everything in the garden was stripped to the vines and withers.

    The impotent fury in his voice died down in an echo, leaving the martial chef fallen upon his knees between an upturned loaf pan, a sous-vide bag torn open, and half-empty jar of pickle brine rolling across the floor.

    Certainly he knew the danger was real, the call from across spacetime from a far-off ally nearer to his ears than ever before. In spite of everything he knew the seriousness of the matter that faced them all despite his hospitable smile.

    "...all these ingredients...lost..."

    Yet In some silly way, the shape of things to come was never pronounced to him quite so much as it was in this moment. Many a feast was planned here, a toast and celebration for those gathered. Those moments where they came together that alone had been worth raising a glass to. Perhaps that was why he'd put so much of himself into the Lookout's kitchen, to give them all a reason to come back together and share these memories. Sure, the Saiyans ate more than their fair share, and Jinzi would be hefting a bill, but every dish that went out was his personal ode to a friend, a comrade, a love to let them know they mattered.

    Gone...everything...it's all...gone...

    Then Zaofan, he knew that from this moment, there would be no returning to what once was, and tears slowly fell from the corners of his eyes.
    Last edited by grampagen; 11-28-2021 at 10:38 PM.

  6. #606

    Default

    After arriving at the Lookout, the first thing Praxat did was tidy up parts of the Lookout. A little bit, later Praxat walks towards the direction of the kitchen.

  7. #607
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Perfect, SWS was too busy with Totoma to notice what Sarada was doing. She continued pumping the air full of her ki pollen unabated until the air above the battlefield was covered with a crimson fog. If she couldn't fight a GoD directly, then indirectly was the only way to go. Seems Totoma was making some headway before she stopped him, she realized upon watching his charge attack barrel into her and actually push her back before she managed to brace herself. At that, Sarada knew what she had to do.

    She summoned a portion of the ki pollen and coalesced it together into a pair of rings, then sent them downward. With Supreme Hunter, she forced the cuffs around SWS' wrists and tried to force her hands before her back to give Totoma a wide open avenue to continue his attack.
    They do exactly that, her hands bound behind her back.

    She quirks an eye ridge and glances up, before smirking at Totoma.

    ďKinky.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #608
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "...two dozen, well!" Zaofan nodded, appraising the drones as they came in. Round globes hovering by an antigravity device, these had come invaluable when they'd gone off to meet the leaders of planets across the wider universe.

    When paths diverged and he'd had to deliver a message by proxy, he'd send out one of these. One was enough to light up for a crowd.

    "...I can't promise I'll bring these back in one piece, but I think they'll help broaden our reach. I owe you another one."

    Assembled in the spice pocket at his waist with many other capsules, his smirk suddenly faded as he looked over the Capsule Corp building and the survivors. Jinzi at least had been with them since the beginning, the info trickled down to the specialists on staff. But Karis, she'd fallen asleep at the end of one nightmare, only to wake up in the midst of all of this.

    What more can you take from us, Sakin? Because you lost everything, you'll steal your sustenance, even from the innocent...

    As the world fell apart around them, he at least knew the Earth wouldn't go without a fight.

    "Listen, from the sound of things, I know it looks bad, but we might be one of the lucky ones. You've gotta hold it down, Jinzi, while we go and get our universe back," he said, "our friends are out there, we've got to find them, and we'll bring this to an end..."

    He trailed off for a moment and grit his teeth. "If it comes to it though, and I'd never say this lightly...if things go south, find Eva, use that last wish. And then...it might be the one time to break the glass."



    Unfortunately, on the cusp of reaching deep within himself to meet their darkest hour, the chef hadn't anticipated a particularly pointed, additional blow to his morale would rattle him to his core.

    Plates were scraped clean, the empty meat locker howled with the desolation of the coldest desert night, and everything in the garden was stripped to the vines and withers.

    The impotent fury in his voice died down in an echo, leaving the martial chef fallen upon his knees between an upturned loaf pan, a sous-vide bag torn open, and half-empty jar of pickle brine rolling across the floor.

    Certainly he knew the danger was real, the call from across spacetime from a far-off ally nearer to his ears than ever before. In spite of everything he knew the seriousness of the matter that faced them all despite his hospitable smile.

    "...all these ingredients...lost..."

    Yet In some silly way, the shape of things to come was never pronounced to him quite so much as it was in this moment. Many a feast was planned here, a toast and celebration for those gathered. Those moments where they came together that alone had been worth raising a glass to. Perhaps that was why he'd put so much of himself into the Lookout's kitchen, to give them all a reason to come back together and share these memories. Sure, the Saiyans ate more than their fair share, and Jinzi would be hefting a bill, but every dish that went out was his personal ode to a friend, a comrade, a love to let them know they mattered.

    Gone...everything...it's all...gone...

    Then Zaofan, he knew that from this moment, there would be no returning to what once was, and tears slowly fell from the corners of his eyes.
    Jinzi nods.

    ďOn it.Ē

    óóóóó

    Eva gently places a hand on Zaofanís shoulder as Kai squats down next to him.

    ďItís not all a loss, Totoma. When I realized Auroc wasÖpillaging the kitchen, I snuck a few things out.Ē

    Kai hands Totoma a simple wooden case. Inside, the most rare and expensive herbs, spices, and various ingredients Zaofan had collected lay inside.

    ďI know itís only a fraction, but we can rebuild.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #609
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    After arriving at the Lookout, the first thing Praxat did was tidy up parts of the Lookout. A little bit, later Praxat walks towards the direction of the kitchen.
    The kitchen has been ransacked, Zaofan and Kai and Eva are there speaking to one another.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The kitchen has been ransacked, Zaofan and Kai and Eva are there speaking to one another.
    Praxat, who still has a blindfold covering her eyes. Listens to the conversation.

  11. #611
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods.

    “On it.”

    —————

    Eva gently places a hand on Zaofan’s shoulder as Kai squats down next to him.

    “It’s not all a loss, Totoma. When I realized Auroc was…pillaging the kitchen, I snuck a few things out.”

    Kai hands Totoma a simple wooden case. Inside, the most rare and expensive herbs, spices, and various ingredients Zaofan had collected lay inside.

    “I know it’s only a fraction, but we can rebuild.”
    "You couldn't just loot the grocery store?" Sasheem shrugged, sickened by the sight of an empty kitchen. It was as if a horde of Saiyans had torn through the place like a violent tornado. ....So it came as no surprise the culprit was his 'kin'. ....He really should've realized this would happen. "Not like anyone's there to tell you off."

  12. #612
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    He bats them away and charges towards Blizzar, a psychic energy blade held in his hand.
    "I quite believe it's time we wrapped this up," Blizzar stated. "Interesting, this duel of the psychics. Perhaps if you invested as much thought into running your own operations smoothly, you'd still have a casino eh?" he inquired, summoning up his TK orbs with his fists. He faked a jab with one, and uppercutted with the other orb," attempting to knock him into the giant flailing stick arms of the massive Durive who was busy ignoring everything around him as he tried and failed to practice some sort of....giant box robot katas.

  13. #613
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You couldn't just loot the grocery store?" Sasheem shrugged, sickened by the sight of an empty kitchen. It was as if a horde of Saiyans had torn through the place like a violent tornado. ....So it came as no surprise the culprit was his 'kin'. ....He really should've realized this would happen. "Not like anyone's there to tell you off."
    Eva straitens and looks at him.

    ďSasheem dear, can you help fix this up please? YourÖ.ancestor broke all the utensils even.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #614
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I quite believe it's time we wrapped this up," Blizzar stated. "Interesting, this duel of the psychics. Perhaps if you invested as much thought into running your own operations smoothly, you'd still have a casino eh?" he inquired, summoning up his TK orbs with his fists. He faked a jab with one, and uppercutted with the other orb," attempting to knock him into the giant flailing stick arms of the massive Durive who was busy ignoring everything around him as he tried and failed to practice some sort of....giant box robot katas.
    A clean hit sends the pissed Incenio straight into Durive’s swinging fist.

    There is no real sound in space, so Blizzar has to subsist on the psychic shout of main alone as Incenio’s body is crushed in on blow and pretty much vaporized.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #615
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,303

    Default

    There is an annoying tapping sound as Koorimaru steps into the kitchen area. He raises an eye ridge as he observes the ruin before looking at the assembled people.

    “Ochazuke? I presumed he’d be here by now.”

    He had remained silent, watching them all as they had secured the Lookout and flown around, keeping Earth safe. Now he seemed almost…jittery, unsure. Charco stand a nearby, eyeing him even as Dash lands not too far back.

    “And it seems the Saiyans have all gone too. Cheh.”

    He frowns and looks around.

    “Hmm…………to weaken and spread the defenders thin. Luring away from a different goal?”

    He glances at Eva and Kai, then at the pocket Zaofan has Asha’rah stored inside a capsule in.

    “Lots of targets here.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •