Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 756
  1. #616

    Default

    Praxat takes out two capsules from her GP uniform's right pocket." Is there anything I can do to help? I have a handy supply of cleaning equipment and an excellent non-toxic adhesive that would be great for fixing kitchen utensils on hand," Praxat said.

    Praxat then points at Koorimaru, Charco, and Dash to acknowledge their presence.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-02-2021 at 01:22 PM.

  2. #617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Heh, sounds like Sarada must have trained hard to earn that one. Let it not be said she doesn't keep her promises!," Zaofan nodded, and for a moment, it seemed the dread and fear slid off him, "Although..."

    At Tasure's suggesting they fuse immediately elicited a stiff blink and small chuckle. He cleared his throat, and swiftly he looked Tasure over.

    "...I thought I'd repeated this often enough, but perhaps Avoca missed the memo during Parsley and Sarada's training while Ochazuke and I mastered the trials of Illargi. Fusion cannot be wielded bluntly as a weapon. How are two people supposed to come together if they're entirely outside of each other's heads?...though you're looking about five pounds lighter since the last time I saw you, and these are indeed pressing times."

    Unless docking tails had become the latest fashion trend, that is. Wonder if that transfomartion was how Cancer got close enough to do the grisly deed.

    "Well, come, we'll continue this conversation at the Lookout."

    And so with a movement as easy as thought, he returned to Eva's base of operations and immediately made a beeline to the kitchen where...

    "...no...no!!!'

    It took only an instant, but footprints dotted in crumbs wove each and every where. Atop the marble counters there were streaks of sauce, upturned pie tins and shattered casseroles flecked with the last morsels of baked-on cheese. Zaofan felt the hairs bristle on the back of his neck, and with great trepidation, turned his eyes to the fridge which lay on its side. Floating over the floor, he prod it once, and dozens of glass jars tumbled out: empty, but for the last streaks of chocolate pudding where they were licked clean.

    "Hrrrk...grrrfffrrggkkkhhh....~!!!"

    But Sasheem had been fighting alongside them, which meant this was a misdeed done by only one other so cruel in his nature...



    "...AUROC---!!!!!"
    Fusion could not be wielded bluntly as a weapon?

    Tch. That was a mindset alien to her. Most of her techniques were crafted with the primary purpose of ending fights quickly and efficiently. One could say that she did nothing but wield her techniques as weapons. Given that mindset, she was probably ill-suited for a technique like fusion. At least for now.

    Tasure sighed. She really needed more friends besides Maiz, Bekon, and... well, Voya was dead, and he had been more of a father figure than an actual friend? Aiden... maybe?

    Tch. Not the time. She could worry about... socialization later.

    Soon enough, they were back at the lookout, to refuel, and were met with what could only be described as a war crime. To say she was disappointed was an understatement, but she again held her tongue. Seeing (one of) his kitchen(s) ransacked and destroyed like this... well, no cook would take it easily. It was akin to destroying a scholar's personal library or a warrior's trophy room. It showed an utter lack of respect.

    "...Auroc, huh. Could have sworn he was dead," she said. "If you want, I can help with cleanup... in more than one sense."

    Zaofan didn't strike her as the 'revenge' type, but hey, no harm in offering to help him beat the stuffing out of someone. Especially if that person was Auroc.

    Who was literally full of stuffing at the moment, judging from the bits of stuffing laying around.

    Fuck, she loved that shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is an annoying tapping sound as Koorimaru steps into the kitchen area. He raises an eye ridge as he observes the ruin before looking at the assembled people.

    “Ochazuke? I presumed he’d be here by now.”

    He had remained silent, watching them all as they had secured the Lookout and flown around, keeping Earth safe. Now he seemed almost…jittery, unsure. Charco stand a nearby, eyeing him even as Dash lands not too far back.

    “And it seems the Saiyans have all gone too. Cheh.”

    He frowns and looks around.

    “Hmm…………to weaken and spread the defenders thin. Luring away from a different goal?”

    He glances at Eva and Kai, then at the pocket Zaofan has Asha’rah stored inside a capsule in.

    “Lots of targets here.”

    She overheard... tch, Koorimaru was here. Somehow, he'd completely overlooked that she, a Saiyan, was here as well.

    "Hmph, the one that taught my boy that portal trick. Thought you'd slunk off to die in a gutter years ago," she said. She was vaguely familiar with him beyond what Totoma had told her. Infamous technique hunter/thief. Fairly strong, but, like almost all of his kind, he was ultimately little more than untrustworthy vermin.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 12-02-2021 at 03:11 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  3. #618
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva straitens and looks at him.

    “Sasheem dear, can you help fix this up please? Your….ancestor broke all the utensils even.”
    A vein popped in Sasheem's forehead for half a second. "Clean...?" he asked with a slowly simmering indignity. "Eh, guess it's not a big deal," he shrugged, his tone uncharacteristically pleasant enough for it to be obvious he was going to opt to follow these orders in the most absurd manner possible. He flicked his finger several times, sending blasts of ki to eradicate the debris and broken equipment that were just small enough not to cause any significant damage to the kitchen.

    It was the best part of this floating pitstop, so of course, it'd remain intact. The smears upon the floor, however, were gonna have to be someone else's problem. Probably Ronin Kai's. "Your welcome," he sneered at Eva. "Get someone else to shop for your replacements through. There's few bigger issues in the world...no, the universe, than an old chewed up gumball cleaning out your kitchen, but whatever's goin' on right now with Sakin is one of those sparse few exceptions."

  4. #619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The boar strikes straight on.

    She catches the energy boar and it does push her back, but she only uses one hand and after about fifty feet, the charge stops and she is unharmed, holding it in place. She smirks.

    “I like you. I think I’ll kill you last and use you to my fill, boy. Maybe give your husk to Cancer afterwards.”
    Okay, casually stopping his attack was not what he expected. He was probably way in over his head here, but he still had a few more tricks up his sleeves.

    The... flirting (?) he could do without. Not that 'I'll kill you last' was flirting by most standards, but the way she said it...!

    Setting that aside, Totoma prepared to amp himself up using the Full Boar technique, when...

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They do exactly that, her hands bound behind her back.

    She quirks an eye ridge and glances up, before smirking at Totoma.

    “Kinky.”
    SWS's hands suddenly bound themselves behind her back. He had no idea why, but it didn't seem to be a trick, so...

    "Full Boar!" yelled the Just Saiyan, his aura, relatively calm before, bursting into a green flame that spread almost instantly to engulf the, er, boar. Spreading his arms, the flaming boar exploded, half of the attack compressing itself into each of his hands. Smashing his hands together, he pushed the two raging spheres of energy together until they fused into a barely-contained and controlled attack. He held it at his side in what anyone who had fought with him would recognize as the signature stance of the Kamehameha. His aura flared...

    "x10 Full Boar Kamehameha!" he intoned, throwing his hands forward at SWS at nearly point blank range, the compressed Inoshishiken-turned-Kamehameha exploding into a torrent of raw power just as she smirked at him.



    God or not, nothing would escape unscathed from a kamehameha like this!
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 12-03-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  5. #620
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There are no more enemies beyond the one Blizzar is fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A clean hit sends the pissed Incenio straight into Durive’s swinging fist.

    There is no real sound in space, so Blizzar has to subsist on the psychic shout of main alone as Incenio’s body is crushed in on blow and pretty much vaporized.
    The remainder of Blizzar's battle with the last Incenio was quick and ended brutally, with the undead Arcosian being vaulted into the... giant box thing's spinning arms. With his death, the last of the Galaxy Police's threat was over. Parsley closed her eyes and let her ax vanish from her grasp. The battle was over and soon the adrenaline gained therefrom would be also. She would have no choice but to continue facing the reality of the situation. She mentally sighed and headed for the interior of the GP base. If nothing else, checking on the policemen and inquiring of their wellbeing would give her something to do to delay the inevitable just for a little while longer.

    Avoca remained behind and instead flew toward Blizzar. She flashed him a thumbs up and then pointed to the ship that she and Parsley arrived on.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  6. #621
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The steady galloping of hooves crushing upon snow provided a steady rhythm to help the Nevadian clear his head. It had been all he could manage to carve a summoning sigil into the sleet beneath him, his body still wracked with pain.
    -----------------------------------

    In a burst of light, the Lord of The Sunlit Plains had appeared, looking curiously upon his apprentice. The Nevadian had expected words of scorn and disappointment. Instead, Crazy Horn walked closer to him, his horn mere inches from the Nevadians shoulder.

    A gentle blue energy shot forth, enveloping the Nevadian. He could feel the pain melt away, his mobility returning to him once more.

    A sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he struggled to his feet, shivering and shuddering.

    Held noticed there was something different about his friend. Where the Unicorn's features were once bare, a face plate of silver now protected it.

    The rest of his body was concealed by a cloak of some sort, dyed in ebony. From this angle, the Nevadian could barely see hints of silver armor on the legs and neck as well.

    Held titled his head quizzically.

    "A gift." the Lord of The Sunlit Plains explained simply, "Whis and Vados bestowed this upon me to commemorate our meeting."

    Held smiled.

    "...Crazy Horn." He said simply, nodding his head, " Let's go join the others."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    He could feel his strength returning with each step the mighty unicorn took, it's healing energy reinforcing his body.

    He paid no mind to the frigid winds, the sight of his Shingan focused on his body, attempting to discern what had occurred. He could see the healing energy of Crazy Horn undoing a considerable degree of damage, aided by....Something somewhat unfamiliar to him.

    He frowned. He was uninjured earlier, and the only thing he did was power up---

    .....Don't tell me...My body wasn't used to that level of power, was it? I guess it makes sense. I know Hilda said she made some adjustments to it---whatever that means--but I guess it wasn't quite enough.... Not that I can blame her. I didn't even expect to obtain this level of power anytime soon...I assume whatever she did is what's helping me recover.

    "You can sense it as well." Crazy Horn said finally, grave concern dripping from every word spoken, "Something that is anathema to the natural order of this universe has emerged."

    "...Yeah. It happened not too long ago." Held confirmed, "I was going to investigate with the others, but I guess I should have stretched before powering up...."

    A snort escaped the nose of the armored steed, "I suppose it could not be helped. It was not something that we had considered, after all."

    Looking into the sky, the Nevadian could see a streak of red, cleaving through the endless white like a blade.

    The Galloping.

    "There we go." Held replied with a smile, as Crazy Horn descended into the sky. The Galloping came to a stop, floating in mid air as the cargo doors opened.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Zaofan tilt his head forward, eyes alit with mischief as he tapped two fingers to his forehad.

    "I think the people of Yardrat-sei might disagree...though to be fair I don't recall hanging out with you half as much as I'd like for this to be a problem," Zaofan shrugged.

    Stealing techniques...well it happens to the best of us, i suppose.

    "I'd also suggest you take some time to recover. No need to push yourself and port around that distance when we already have a means to get there."

    Counting off the available fighters in the area, he folded his arms for a moment.

    Sasheem, Praxat over here...Ochazuke, Erosa in the North...which leaves Etrina and...

    Instantly, Zaofan's smile flattened and his eyebrow twitched.

    "...Totoma took off again, didn't he? Great," he muttered, "The nerve of that guy...but if he's got confidence, suppose it can't be helped. If he's got a mind to do something then surely he'll deliver."

    Pinging every available fighter on the comms, he added an addendum to his previous call.

    "Jinzi's safe, and things are settling down on Earth, so soon, we'll be heading to space. Let's rendezvous at the Lookout, and this time we won't leave until everyone's assembled."

    Curiously, some of the channels only seemed to return static. For a moment, thoughts of the worst fluttered in his mind.

    No, we've come too far to fail now.
    "Eh?" The Nevadian tilted his head in surprise as he heard the familiar voice of his good friend in his ear. It took him a moment to remember that he had placed the communicator back in his ear not too long ago. It wasn't too surprising he forgot, he had gone nearly a year without it.

    Not that remembering would have done much good, when he could scarcely move his unconscious face until a few minutes ago. Still...

    Crazy Horn landed gracefully upon the cargo bay floor, and Held jumped off of his companion, darting to the cockpit as the cargo door closed behind them.

    "I'm glad to hear things haven't gotten too crazy just yet..." Held responded to Zaofan at last as he took the pilots seat of the Galloping. "I guess I forgot to stretch after being out of practice for so long!"

    Zaofan said to meet up with them at the lookout, that's easy enough.

    The engine of The Galloping roared to life as Held pushed a button. The lookout was programmed into the ships computer by default. It was hardly a location requiring any effort on his part at this point. Auto-Pilot is was.

    "I'm on my way!" He continued, as the ship made a sharp right turn before bolting upwards through the stratosphere towards the lookout.

  7. #622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva gently places a hand on Zaofan’s shoulder as Kai squats down next to him.

    “It’s not all a loss, Totoma. When I realized Auroc was…pillaging the kitchen, I snuck a few things out.”

    Kai hands Totoma a simple wooden case. Inside, the most rare and expensive herbs, spices, and various ingredients Zaofan had collected lay inside.

    “I know it’s only a fraction, but we can rebuild.”
    When Evangeline approached with the meagre portion she could spare, Zaofan looked over the contents. The last strands of saffron clung to the cork of the vial, a knob white truffle sealed in another. Bits of fleur de sel set themselves like snowflakes, stilled from their humble origins risen and gathered by hand from the surfaces of shallow mineral pools to a suspended moment behind the glass - the moment they got free, they would dissolve instantly as a garnish.

    Zaofan dabbed the corners of his eyes and reached for them shakily, then hesitated. Taking her hand, he slowly, but firmly, closed the case once again.

    "Thank you, but it's not about me. It's...this place, and this kitchen...," he stammered, his tone subdued, yet the way he struggled to find the words was very much unlike him.

    "...when we first came to the Lookout five years ago, you remember. There wasn't much here. Nobody expected much of this place, and if it weren't for the promise of getting stronger under your guidance or the promises made...well, there was an enemy to fight then, right? For a lot of us it wasn't even personal so there was even less reason to stay."

    With a sniffle, he dabbed his face in his sleeve before he continued.

    "You've given a lot of yourself for this world, Eva. Until very recently, you've been playing it very close, and with every crisis, that's a fresh opportunity for a test. And when that was done with, it feels like Earth was just a stop in the road onto a higher plateau to leave behind. It's different for us, this is home. But through it all, we've made a lot of good friends and comrades, haven't we? Can't just spend all that time training l so I started cooking again, and..."

    The derelict kitchen spoke louder than any of Zaofan's words could.

    "...that wasn't just to pass the time. I wanted to give everyone...a-a reason to come back."

    Auroc took that from him. Wounds close, bruises heal.

    This had hurt him.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    A vein popped in Sasheem's forehead for half a second. "Clean...?" he asked with a slowly simmering indignity. "Eh, guess it's not a big deal," he shrugged, his tone uncharacteristically pleasant enough for it to be obvious he was going to opt to follow these orders in the most absurd manner possible. He flicked his finger several times, sending blasts of ki to eradicate the debris and broken equipment that were just small enough not to cause any significant damage to the kitchen.

    It was the best part of this floating pitstop, so of course, it'd remain intact. The smears upon the floor, however, were gonna have to be someone else's problem. Probably Ronin Kai's. "Your welcome," he sneered at Eva. "Get someone else to shop for your replacements through. There's few bigger issues in the world...no, the universe, than an old chewed up gumball cleaning out your kitchen, but whatever's goin' on right now with Sakin is one of those sparse few exceptions."
    "...you're right, Sasheem."

    Shakily, he stood up, and his balance was wobbly.

    "Things are bad, but thanks to all of us, we pulled through. Other worlds, they may not be so fortunate. Everything they've built up, instantly, could've been turned over old enemies, or things from other universes scheming to take what they desire..."

    Though his eyes were dull and glassy, Zaofan's tone hardened.

    "It's kind of funny, but over all these years, every enemy we've encountered thought they had it all figured out. If they can threaten something with annihilation, they could control it, absolutely, force it to be what they want it to be. One thing's for sure, though. Until we do something about Sakin, this is not going to stop."

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

    Soon enough, they were back at the lookout, to refuel, and were met with what could only be described as a war crime. To say she was disappointed was an understatement, but she again held her tongue. Seeing (one of) his kitchen(s) ransacked and destroyed like this... well, no cook would take it easily. It was akin to destroying a scholar's personal library or a warrior's trophy room. It showed an utter lack of respect.

    "...Auroc, huh. Could have sworn he was dead," she said. "If you want, I can help with cleanup... in more than one sense."

    Zaofan didn't strike her as the 'revenge' type, but hey, no harm in offering to help him beat the stuffing out of someone. Especially if that person was Auroc.

    Who was literally full of stuffing at the moment, judging from the bits of stuffing laying around.

    Fuck, she loved that shit.
    "...when we get to the other side of this, there'll be plenty of dishes to be done," Zaofan smiled uneasily, but his hands, folded into his pockets, hadn't stopped shaking. "But Auroc...he's already gone back to a place nobody here should follow."

    Even with the knowledge that this would have been, effectively, the Proto-Majin's last meal, there was an ache that lingered he hadn't felt since the aftermath of his long journey to Baradur. The time they'd lost, the moments he let slip by, a piece of that would be lost forever.

    "Face it, for a creature that came straight out of HFIL, there's nothing more we can do to him, because already he has nothing left to lose."

    She overheard... tch, Koorimaru was here. Somehow, he'd completely overlooked that she, a Saiyan, was here as well.

    "Hmph, the one that taught my boy that portal trick. Thought you'd slunk off to die in a gutter years ago," she said. She was vaguely familiar with him beyond what Totoma had told her. Infamous technique hunter/thief. Fairly strong, but, like almost all of his kind, he was ultimately little more than untrustworthy vermin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is an annoying tapping sound as Koorimaru steps into the kitchen area. He raises an eye ridge as he observes the ruin before looking at the assembled people.

    “Ochazuke? I presumed he’d be here by now.”

    He had remained silent, watching them all as they had secured the Lookout and flown around, keeping Earth safe. Now he seemed almost…jittery, unsure. Charco stand a nearby, eyeing him even as Dash lands not too far back.

    “And it seems the Saiyans have all gone too. Cheh.”

    He frowns and looks around.

    “Hmm…………to weaken and spread the defenders thin. Luring away from a different goal?”

    He glances at Eva and Kai, then at the pocket Zaofan has Asha’rah stored inside a capsule in.

    “Lots of targets here.”
    Slowly, Zaofan turned towards the sickly, pale-yellow, freshly resurrected elephant in the room. The strange, echoing pulse in each of Koorimaru's footfalls as he stepped forward put him on edge before, but here, in his shattered sanctum gastronome...

    ...that was it, he'd never seen him in the kitchen before. Why, he'd never so much as seen the guy eat a morsel, much less willingly move this close to the group at large. Even so, for him, this was offputting. Strange times indeed.

    Old habits, however, seemed to linger, as the air grew thick with animosity. The blood feud between Saiyans and Arcosians was not lost on Tasure, while Koorimaru himself spoke of his martial brother.

    "It'd be easy enough for you to find out if you didn't discard your communicator, along with the rest of us," Zaofan replied.

    Sniffing sharply, his mind snapped to focus. Though he hadn't much more than his experiences to draw upon, the chef had not been idle in his training over the last year; acquiring his fighting skills through sheer guts and hard work, reading Koorimaru's body language, that turn in his expression, he understood immediately there was something lingering under the surface, and with it a subtle revelation.

    When the enemy contracts, I expand.

    "He said he'll be here, so he'll be here. Unlike you, showing up out of the blue, he has a world to save. When the Universe needs someone to fight for it, he's always stepped up, and moving forward without abandoning anyone, that takes time. What did you do? Last I heard from Inanna and Parsley, you were the one with the target on the back of your head."

    His hands slowly unfurled from his pockets, and a hint of the depths of his ki reserves began to coalesce; like most of the Earthling defense, he'd only gotten started and hadn't even begun to exert himself.

    "...you want me to call him for you, you'd better stop beating around the bush."

  8. #623
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is an annoying tapping sound as Koorimaru steps into the kitchen area. He raises an eye ridge as he observes the ruin before looking at the assembled people.

    “Ochazuke? I presumed he’d be here by now.”

    He had remained silent, watching them all as they had secured the Lookout and flown around, keeping Earth safe. Now he seemed almost…jittery, unsure. Charco stand a nearby, eyeing him even as Dash lands not too far back.

    “And it seems the Saiyans have all gone too. Cheh.”

    He frowns and looks around.

    “Hmm…………to weaken and spread the defenders thin. Luring away from a different goal?”

    He glances at Eva and Kai, then at the pocket Zaofan has Asha’rah stored inside a capsule in.

    “Lots of targets here.”
    "....Lots of targets that shoot back." Koorimaru would feel a tap against his back as something solid pressed against it, followed by Etrinas calculated voice. "Funny thing about shooting first in a room expecting to be shot....the first shot is predictable, the retaliation not so much."

    Etrina delivers a barely noticeable tap with the end of her staff to the Arcosians back and then proceeded to step past him into the kitchen. "...I can assure you, the one who shoots first here and damages my dear Zaofans Kitchen is going to wish they hadn't..."

    Having stepped past him the mage accelerated her walking into she had crossed then room and swung herself, rather uncharacteristically, around to Zaofan side and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Sorry for keeping you waiting....I was doing some renovations in one of the other rooms and didn't get your call."

  9. #624
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The remainder of Blizzar's battle with the last Incenio was quick and ended brutally, with the undead Arcosian being vaulted into the... giant box thing's spinning arms. With his death, the last of the Galaxy Police's threat was over. Parsley closed her eyes and let her ax vanish from her grasp. The battle was over and soon the adrenaline gained therefrom would be also. She would have no choice but to continue facing the reality of the situation. She mentally sighed and headed for the interior of the GP base. If nothing else, checking on the policemen and inquiring of their wellbeing would give her something to do to delay the inevitable just for a little while longer.
    "Ah, your highness!" P-Sta greeted Parsley as she arrived. He bowed his head graciously. "I must thank you and Avoca for your timely arrival! Truly you were a tremendous help in turning the tide!" He turned around towards a portable floating computer behind him. "We have many injuries among us but we'll survive! Most of the GP has been sent out to help combat any other forces who've managed to rally behind this Sakin character's words and seek to do harm! For now we hope to rendezvous with Earth. Unless you have a better suggestion?"

    Avoca remained behind and instead flew toward Blizzar. She flashed him a thumbs up and then pointed to the ship that she and Parsley arrived on.
    Blizzar nodded and headed towards the ship. "Among our assailants, I've managed to turn at least one fleet into allies," Blizzar noted. "Someone to call upon should the need arise...and it will. How fares your Saiyan worlds? I expect you have no shortage of enemies seeking revenge."

  10. #625
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Ah, your highness!" P-Sta greeted Parsley as she arrived. He bowed his head graciously. "I must thank you and Avoca for your timely arrival! Truly you were a tremendous help in turning the tide!" He turned around towards a portable floating computer behind him. "We have many injuries among us but we'll survive! Most of the GP has been sent out to help combat any other forces who've managed to rally behind this Sakin character's words and seek to do harm! For now we hope to rendezvous with Earth. Unless you have a better suggestion?"
    When Parsley arrived, it was P-Sta who gave the update she had been looking for. Several officers were injured, but no casualties. Most of them had been dispatched to give much needed aid to different worlds who may have been overrun by any lingering denizens of Otherworld or creatures from beyond their universe. That, she assumed, included Enoki, whom she couldn't feel at the base. "Good," she said simply.

    "My suggestion was also to convene with those on Earth, so we're of the same mind. We also need to head to Reshlan to help Sarada and Nevanlinna." She received the telepathic message the latter sent, along with that warning that there was a God of Destruction there. A harrowing situation that she wasn't willing to let only two or three people suffer through for very long. She Who Stalks was not someone to take lightly.

    She turned around and headed for her ship. "Let's go. We don't have any time to waste."

    Blizzar nodded and headed towards the ship. "Among our assailants, I've managed to turn at least one fleet into allies," Blizzar noted. "Someone to call upon should the need arise...and it will. How fares your Saiyan worlds? I expect you have no shortage of enemies seeking revenge."
    "Nice job. More allies is good right about now," Avoca responded. She didn't know how trustworthy anyone willing to attack the GP in the first place really was, but she did know they weren't in any position to turn away anyone who at least claimed they were willing to help. If nothing else, they would serve as a bunch of warm bodies to throw at any cannon fodder Alakazah or Sakin may have had.

    As for the Saiyans, she answered, "As far as I know, we survived well enough. Tundra's forces were convinced to turn back by Ochazuke's speech earlier. I and Parsley were attacked by a God of Destruction. She almost killed us and managed to make off with our daughter." She frowned, a mixture of anger at herself and distraught sadness. "Sakin has our daughter." Parsley was barely keeping it together, meaning Avoca had to be strong enough for the both of them. It wasn't the first time she had been in that position, but the last time hadn't been nearly as dire as the time they currently found themselves. The adrenaline from battle helped, but those only lasted for so long. Once they were over, reality forcibly reminded them of what they were missing.

    Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Parsley firing up the ship. She sighed and turned to board, and gestured for Blizzar to follow. Not that he would need any. "I assume you were told about the visions Earth's dragon showed them a few months ago?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 12-05-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  11. #626
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Okay, casually stopping his attack was not what he expected. He was probably way in over his head here, but he still had a few more tricks up his sleeves.

    The... flirting (?) he could do without. Not that 'I'll kill you last' was flirting by most standards, but the way she said it...!

    Setting that aside, Totoma prepared to amp himself up using the Full Boar technique, when...

    .



    SWS's hands suddenly bound themselves behind her back. He had no idea why, but it didn't seem to be a trick, so...

    "Full Boar!" yelled the Just Saiyan, his aura, relatively calm before, bursting into a green flame that spread almost instantly to engulf the, er, boar. Spreading his arms, the flaming boar exploded, half of the attack compressing itself into each of his hands. Smashing his hands together, he pushed the two raging spheres of energy together until they fused into a barely-contained and controlled attack. He held it at his side in what anyone who had fought with him would recognize as the signature stance of the Kamehameha. His aura flared...

    "x10 Full Boar Kamehameha!" he intoned, throwing his hands forward at SWS at nearly point blank range, the compressed Inoshishiken-turned-Kamehameha exploding into a torrent of raw power just as she smirked at him.



    God or not, nothing would escape unscathed from a kamehameha like this!
    As the attack fades, the smoke clears, and SWS stands there. Her skin was gone, her clothes, gone. Her Ki binders, blown apart. What stands before Totoma is a skinless horror, but the teeth and eyes gleam even as the muscles almost….squirm and glisten in the light.

    “Oh, my. That was….amazing. Well done for a mortal.” She says, voice scratching and raw sounding.

    In an instant her skin regrows and covers the demoness, her nudity giving her no pause as she cups her free hands at her side.

    “Ka………….”

    Her voice intones in its sultry overlays, eyes flickering as shadows gather in her hands. Her tail sneaks out and wraps around Totoma’s chest and arms, pinning them to his sides.

    “…..me…….”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #627
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    A vein popped in Sasheem's forehead for half a second. "Clean...?" he asked with a slowly simmering indignity. "Eh, guess it's not a big deal," he shrugged, his tone uncharacteristically pleasant enough for it to be obvious he was going to opt to follow these orders in the most absurd manner possible. He flicked his finger several times, sending blasts of ki to eradicate the debris and broken equipment that were just small enough not to cause any significant damage to the kitchen.

    It was the best part of this floating pitstop, so of course, it'd remain intact. The smears upon the floor, however, were gonna have to be someone else's problem. Probably Ronin Kai's. "Your welcome," he sneered at Eva. "Get someone else to shop for your replacements through. There's few bigger issues in the world...no, the universe, than an old chewed up gumball cleaning out your kitchen, but whatever's goin' on right now with Sakin is one of those sparse few exceptions."
    “Indeed, thank you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #628
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Fusion could not be wielded bluntly as a weapon?

    Tch. That was a mindset alien to her. Most of her techniques were crafted with the primary purpose of ending fights quickly and efficiently. One could say that she did nothing but wield her techniques as weapons. Given that mindset, she was probably ill-suited for a technique like fusion. At least for now.

    Tasure sighed. She really needed more friends besides Maiz, Bekon, and... well, Voya was dead, and he had been more of a father figure than an actual friend? Aiden... maybe?

    Tch. Not the time. She could worry about... socialization later.

    Soon enough, they were back at the lookout, to refuel, and were met with what could only be described as a war crime. To say she was disappointed was an understatement, but she again held her tongue. Seeing (one of) his kitchen(s) ransacked and destroyed like this... well, no cook would take it easily. It was akin to destroying a scholar's personal library or a warrior's trophy room. It showed an utter lack of respect.

    "...Auroc, huh. Could have sworn he was dead," she said. "If you want, I can help with cleanup... in more than one sense."

    Zaofan didn't strike her as the 'revenge' type, but hey, no harm in offering to help him beat the stuffing out of someone. Especially if that person was Auroc.

    Who was literally full of stuffing at the moment, judging from the bits of stuffing laying around.

    Fuck, she loved that shit.




    She overheard... tch, Koorimaru was here. Somehow, he'd completely overlooked that she, a Saiyan, was here as well.

    "Hmph, the one that taught my boy that portal trick. Thought you'd slunk off to die in a gutter years ago," she said. She was vaguely familiar with him beyond what Totoma had told her. Infamous technique hunter/thief. Fairly strong, but, like almost all of his kind, he was ultimately little more than untrustworthy vermin.
    “Cheh, I prefer the term surviving, woman. I always survive.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #629
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Eh?" The Nevadian tilted his head in surprise as he heard the familiar voice of his good friend in his ear. It took him a moment to remember that he had placed the communicator back in his ear not too long ago. It wasn't too surprising he forgot, he had gone nearly a year without it.

    Not that remembering would have done much good, when he could scarcely move his unconscious face until a few minutes ago. Still...

    Crazy Horn landed gracefully upon the cargo bay floor, and Held jumped off of his companion, darting to the cockpit as the cargo door closed behind them.

    "I'm glad to hear things haven't gotten too crazy just yet..." Held responded to Zaofan at last as he took the pilots seat of the Galloping. "I guess I forgot to stretch after being out of practice for so long!"

    Zaofan said to meet up with them at the lookout, that's easy enough.

    The engine of The Galloping roared to life as Held pushed a button. The lookout was programmed into the ships computer by default. It was hardly a location requiring any effort on his part at this point. Auto-Pilot is was.

    "I'm on my way!" He continued, as the ship made a sharp right turn before bolting upwards through the stratosphere towards the lookout.
    He makes it in little time, and can sense Zaofan, Dash, Charco, Eva, Kai, Koorimaru, Etrina, and Tasure there right now.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #630
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When Evangeline approached with the meagre portion she could spare, Zaofan looked over the contents. The last strands of saffron clung to the cork of the vial, a knob white truffle sealed in another. Bits of fleur de sel set themselves like snowflakes, stilled from their humble origins risen and gathered by hand from the surfaces of shallow mineral pools to a suspended moment behind the glass - the moment they got free, they would dissolve instantly as a garnish.

    Zaofan dabbed the corners of his eyes and reached for them shakily, then hesitated. Taking her hand, he slowly, but firmly, closed the case once again.

    "Thank you, but it's not about me. It's...this place, and this kitchen...," he stammered, his tone subdued, yet the way he struggled to find the words was very much unlike him.

    "...when we first came to the Lookout five years ago, you remember. There wasn't much here. Nobody expected much of this place, and if it weren't for the promise of getting stronger under your guidance or the promises made...well, there was an enemy to fight then, right? For a lot of us it wasn't even personal so there was even less reason to stay."

    With a sniffle, he dabbed his face in his sleeve before he continued.

    "You've given a lot of yourself for this world, Eva. Until very recently, you've been playing it very close, and with every crisis, that's a fresh opportunity for a test. And when that was done with, it feels like Earth was just a stop in the road onto a higher plateau to leave behind. It's different for us, this is home. But through it all, we've made a lot of good friends and comrades, haven't we? Can't just spend all that time training l so I started cooking again, and..."

    The derelict kitchen spoke louder than any of Zaofan's words could.

    "...that wasn't just to pass the time. I wanted to give everyone...a-a reason to come back."

    Auroc took that from him. Wounds close, bruises heal.

    This had hurt him.



    "...you're right, Sasheem."

    Shakily, he stood up, and his balance was wobbly.

    "Things are bad, but thanks to all of us, we pulled through. Other worlds, they may not be so fortunate. Everything they've built up, instantly, could've been turned over old enemies, or things from other universes scheming to take what they desire..."

    Though his eyes were dull and glassy, Zaofan's tone hardened.

    "It's kind of funny, but over all these years, every enemy we've encountered thought they had it all figured out. If they can threaten something with annihilation, they could control it, absolutely, force it to be what they want it to be. One thing's for sure, though. Until we do something about Sakin, this is not going to stop."



    "...when we get to the other side of this, there'll be plenty of dishes to be done," Zaofan smiled uneasily, but his hands, folded into his pockets, hadn't stopped shaking. "But Auroc...he's already gone back to a place nobody here should follow."

    Even with the knowledge that this would have been, effectively, the Proto-Majin's last meal, there was an ache that lingered he hadn't felt since the aftermath of his long journey to Baradur. The time they'd lost, the moments he let slip by, a piece of that would be lost forever.

    "Face it, for a creature that came straight out of HFIL, there's nothing more we can do to him, because already he has nothing left to lose."





    Slowly, Zaofan turned towards the sickly, pale-yellow, freshly resurrected elephant in the room. The strange, echoing pulse in each of Koorimaru's footfalls as he stepped forward put him on edge before, but here, in his shattered sanctum gastronome...

    ...that was it, he'd never seen him in the kitchen before. Why, he'd never so much as seen the guy eat a morsel, much less willingly move this close to the group at large. Even so, for him, this was offputting. Strange times indeed.

    Old habits, however, seemed to linger, as the air grew thick with animosity. The blood feud between Saiyans and Arcosians was not lost on Tasure, while Koorimaru himself spoke of his martial brother.

    "It'd be easy enough for you to find out if you didn't discard your communicator, along with the rest of us," Zaofan replied.

    Sniffing sharply, his mind snapped to focus. Though he hadn't much more than his experiences to draw upon, the chef had not been idle in his training over the last year; acquiring his fighting skills through sheer guts and hard work, reading Koorimaru's body language, that turn in his expression, he understood immediately there was something lingering under the surface, and with it a subtle revelation.

    When the enemy contracts, I expand.

    "He said he'll be here, so he'll be here. Unlike you, showing up out of the blue, he has a world to save. When the Universe needs someone to fight for it, he's always stepped up, and moving forward without abandoning anyone, that takes time. What did you do? Last I heard from Inanna and Parsley, you were the one with the target on the back of your head."

    His hands slowly unfurled from his pockets, and a hint of the depths of his ki reserves began to coalesce; like most of the Earthling defense, he'd only gotten started and hadn't even begun to exert himself.

    "...you want me to call him for you, you'd better stop beating around the bush."
    Eva nods.

    “I understand completely. Well said, Zaofan.”

    After Zaofan stops talking, Koorimaru looks at him with his intense eyes, tail swishing behind him.

    “I am…nervous, Zaofan. I am nervous that Remnant will find me again, I am nervous that all but one Saiyan isn’t here but instead waging war on far flung worlds, battles against gods that they cannot likely win against without backup.”

    He narrows his eyes.

    “Think me low all you like, think me coward or traitor or fool, but I am here, now, asking for help and willing to help. I would prefer Ochazuke be here because unlike most, he sees to the heart of the matter and always seems to know how best to leverage a strike.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •