Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 620
  1. #376
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The blow lands, and for a single moment, Cancer simply stays there with no reaction.

    Then she suddenly disappears as a massive force shatters the area around and Cancer is sent, literally, blasting through atmosphere and out of the planets orbit.
    Sarada... blinked?

    That had... never happened before. She slowly stood up, looking at her fist with a pensive frown. She then look at the void in the clouds Cancer made when she was sent blasting off into space. "Wut?"

    Either she didn't know her own - new - strength or there was something else going on. Regardless, the fight probably wasn't over yet. She spread her new godly senses to try and find where Cancer stopped careening.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  2. #377
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada... blinked?

    That had... never happened before. She slowly stood up, looking at her fist with a pensive frown. She then look at the void in the clouds Cancer made when she was sent blasting off into space. "Wut?"

    Either she didn't know her own - new - strength or there was something else going on. Regardless, the fight probably wasn't over yet. She spread her new godly senses to try and find where Cancer stopped careening.
    She senses instead several Hakai balls falling down towards the planet.

    Seems Cancer can survive in space and intends on destroying the entire planet now.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Haru, realizing that physical assaults donít seem to work as well, floats back and whistles. The sound starts reverberating and Praxat suddenly feels disorientated, the whistling causing her to feel sick and off balance.
    Being disorientated and off-balance. Makes it harder for Praxat to focus her sense of electroreception. Making it harder to block out unwanted electromagnetic noise. Still even being disorientated, sick, and off-balance Praxat keeps on fighting Haru.


    Being disorientated, sick, and off-balance makes it difficult to fight Haru. Even with Praxat gradually becoming more powerful, the more ambient electromagnetic energy she stores and accumulates. As Praxat continues to store and accumulate ambient electromagnetic energy.

    Her mind slips further and further away. " Dash, there's something I need to tell you. I'm storing and accumulating ambient electromagnetic energy. Doing this is gradually making me more powerful, but it's having an effect on my mind," Praxat said.

    " The more ambient electromagnetic energy I store and accumulate. The more I feel my mind slipping further and further away," Praxat said.

  4. #379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    You land at home, and as you start to scan the area with your newly awoken senses, you realize what you see is not real. There is a psychic illusion, a mental Ďdonít lookí that has been laid over the area.
    It took some effort, but eventually he was able to pick up some sort of psychic effect imprinted on the area? Like a sort of mental compulsion that made one overlook a place, person, or thing. Even knowing about it, he was still affected a bit, and he found focusing on the area or the effect hard to do for any significant amount of time. Not that he was the most focused person out there, but his mind didn't wander that much.

    Alright, focus...

    First, Totoma focused his mind towards just... defending against mental interference in general, and while it took a while, he was able to begin mitigating the effect enough to focus on it specifically. Honing and focusing his psychic defenses gradually, he eventually reached a point where he could focus long enough to attempt to dispel it!

    ...but he didn't really know how?

    Uh.

    Fuck it, when it doubt, whip it out.

    Lacing his mental power with the will and intent of... disrupting other psychic effects in the area, Totoma built up power for a few seconds, the air rippling around him. And then, he did indeed 'whip it out', unleashing a disrupting wave of psionic energy that would... hopefully interfere with the 'don't look' psychic effect permeating the area. And maybe disorient whoever put it up, if they were still around.

    ...to be honest, he was kind of stumbling in the dark here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A lot was happening all at once. The sudden appearance of a tremendous power attracted Sarada's attention briefly before wisely turning it back to her opponent. It felt like Avoca.

    And Tasure?

    Ah, they fused. Sarada knew Avoca knew it, but Tasure must have also been shown the ritual when the others met for training. That was good.

    That was what she had been hoping for, someone to back her up. That half that fusion was Avoca was even better. With her debuffing skills - combined with Tasure's considerable skills - she was feeling a lot better about the battle.

    The fusion was incoming, as was more help from Maiz and Meagan. Their combined attacks cancelled out the Hakai orbs. Which was good.

    What was bad was Cancer was on her in an instant and raining blows on her at speeds far exceeding hers. She grunted as heavy shots drove her downward and into the ground. The hard dirt collapsed under the power, creating a crater with her at the epicenter.

    However, as painful as the onslaught was, she had a bloody smile on her face. She had Cancer right where she wanted her. And as she waited for the right moment to strike, she started channeling her God Ki through her body and into her arm. She closed her eyes and combined that pure God Ki with a portion of her own life force.





    There!

    Sarada reared back and launched a punch of her own, the very one Jack Knave taught her years ago after a bet.

    Dead

    Man's

    WRATH!




    Dead Man's Wrath + Prideful Spirit

    Prideful Spirit 3/3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The blow lands, and for a single moment, Cancer simply stays there with no reaction.

    Then she suddenly disappears as a massive force shatters the area around and Cancer is sent, literally, blasting through atmosphere and out of the planets orbit.
    "...damn." That was all that Tavoca could say to that.

    She didn't have long to admire, however, as she soon caught sight of several... ominous balls descending from the sky. Possibly Hakai, since they didn't look like normal ki.

    Well, hopefully that armor stuck through the fusion, somehow...

    Clenching her fists, Tavoca's aura flared, and her hair lengthened as she transformed into Super Saiyan 3! Taking a solid stance, she began focusing her energy, opening her mouth widely. Something... within her responded, as if recognizing what she was going to do, and a gentle glow began emanating from her...

    Unlimited Eat Works!

    Focusing on one of the balls, a mighty whirlpool of air and ki began trying to funnel the ball of Hakai into her waiting gullet, her fused Super Saiyan 3 power bolstered by the effects of the hozon-enhanced armor Avoca had been gifted, which had been preserved through the effects of the fusion, in some capacity. This was risky, no doubt, but now was as good a time as any to put that armor's effect to the test.

    ...although how it had persisted through the fusion, despite not being physically present was a mystery. Had the Threshling designed it that way, or was it a side-effect of that energy's nature? Either was plausible.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  5. #380
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She senses instead several Hakai balls falling down towards the planet.

    Seems Cancer can survive in space and intends on destroying the entire planet now.
    Cancer was still alive. That came as no surprise; she would have hoped a God of Destruction wouldn't be one-shot like that. "Damn it, is that Hakai?!" It seemed that Cancer had already gotten tired to the fight after taking one punch and decided to rage-quit.

    "SHE'S TRYING TO DESTROY THE PLANET WITH HAKAI!!" she bellowed to the Avoca/Tasure fusion, as well as Maiz and Meagan.

    She enfolded herself with a green barrier and rocketed upward. She passed through the planet's atmosphere in seemingly an instant. Floating through space, she let crimson ki bleed out of her hands and form a mist around her as she assessed what was going on. Alright, Hakai balls heading our way. I can't let any of them get passed me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "...damn." That was all that Tavoca could say to that.

    She didn't have long to admire, however, as she soon caught sight of several... ominous balls descending from the sky. Possibly Hakai, since they didn't look like normal ki.

    Well, hopefully that armor stuck through the fusion, somehow...

    Clenching her fists, Tavoca's aura flared, and her hair lengthened as she transformed into Super Saiyan 3! Taking a solid stance, she began focusing her energy, opening her mouth widely. Something... within her responded, as if recognizing what she was going to do, and a gentle glow began emanating from her...

    Unlimited Eat Works!

    Focusing on one of the balls, a mighty whirlpool of air and ki began trying to funnel the ball of Hakai into her waiting gullet, her fused Super Saiyan 3 power bolstered by the effects of the hozon-enhanced armor Avoca had been gifted, which had been preserved through the effects of the fusion, in some capacity. This was risky, no doubt, but now was as good a time as any to put that armor's effect to the test.

    ...although how it had persisted through the fusion, despite not being physically present was a mystery. Had the Threshling designed it that way, or was it a side-effect of that energy's nature? Either was plausible.
    The Fusion joined her and transformed into Super Saiyan 3.

    ...

    Unless Sarada was seriously mistaken, it looked like she was about to try Avoca's energy eating technique. ...On Hakai.

    A part of Sarada wanted to stop her. She was a Fusion, but she was still half her best friend! This better work. She decided to leave her to it. She had her hands full with the rest of the Hakai that were closing in on her planet.

    The mist shifted and coalesced into several crimson orbs. She sent those flying forward to counter the incoming Hakai.

    In the distance, Maiz was floating just on the edge of the upper atmosphere. She was still breathing heavily, but she still conjured what power she had left and sent several blasts to help deal with the incoming Hakai.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  6. #381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is a fight at Capsule Corp, the one in Cask is winding down (the Khanate down to 10% if it’s numbers, three grey mages, and two Tulpa Demons), and there are two other spots: one is at the Lookout (though the danger there is fading), and somewhere close to where Totoma’s family lived. Ochazuke gets a……flicker…..of something there.
    The descent through the clouds was as smooth as it could have been. Seated silently there, Ochazuke's ki stretched wide, and intertwining with the genius loci of the Earth, rapidly he found himself reoriented to his homeplanet's geographic margins, and with it the plight of the peoples below. The EDF in conjunction with their allies had fought back the advancing monstrosities. Given time, they'd keep up the pressure; though he had faith they would win, the calculated cost of their efforts would not be theirs to pay now.

    It would have to be quick, decisive...and there were only a select few he knew could pull this off. Reaching across the communicator band, he reached out to those who fought for Earth.

    "Zaofan, are you there?"

    ___

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He shrugs.

    “I plan on going back to the afterlife and my spot in HFIL when Sakin wins. And don’t doubt me, boy: he will win. I knew him at his peak, and there were only two people beyond him. Neither is here now, and while he’s weaker for sure, it’s still the equivalent of a full adult fighting a bunch of toddlers.”
    Zaofan's eyes slowly widened. He nodded, then slowly turned to shaking his head as he threw a few pointed gestures of his own.


    "You do that, Auroc. Go march off to the Home for Infinite Losers. And when you get back, you remember who put you there and why."

    You'd think dying a year ago would be enough to teach the guy a lesson...seems we need to speak a little louder.

    At then, with the raised signal in the communicators, he allowed himself a wide smirk. "I'd be quick about it, too."

    Cupping Etrina's thin shoulder with one hand and pinging the comms with the other, he spoke, "About time you arrived, brother, ha-ha! You wouldn't believe it, the Civilization of Honzu crawled out of the woodwork, but we made 'em kiss the sun!"

    _____

    Quietly, Ochazuke smiled as he heard Zaofan's voice. It cut through the sounds of violence that stretched across the globe.

    "How many on the Lookout with you?"

    "Um, let's see...Etrina, she's back - she's back! - and we met up with Charco and Sasheem. Totoma was here but just he took off without a word."

    "Why wouldn't he, there's still fighting to be taken care of. Every major continent has at least one battlefield. But if we drive through them, we can relieve our forces."

    "Heh, around the globe huh? No problem! Besides, I've been stuck up here all day, I need to stretch my legs."

    "Then push through them on the way to Jinzi and Adam at Capsule Corp. I'll make my way North and meet up with you there afterward."

    Between the martial brothers, the Heka Spark they held resonated.

    "Heh, don't keep me waiting too long, we have bigger fish to fry!" Zaofan's energy began to ripple through his body. "I know we all just got back together, but if we hit them all hard and fast, the sooner things will be safer here," he said, "With that, lady and germs, I'll race you to Capsule Corp!"

    A few sweet exchanges with Etrina later, he chef kicking off the Lookout as it ascended back to its height, his staff in hand as he fell. His aura kicked to life, the Fist of the Altered Beast redoubling his speed. Soon there was neither sound nor trace of him as Zaofan literally ran through one battlefield around the world to the next, tackling whatever threat he'd so happen to find with gusto.


    Aboard the Gotengo, Ochazuke selected the larger battles that required covering fire and relief. Thanks to the sophisticated calculations in the BGS-derived computer systems, arriving upon battlefields through miniaturized Stargates was simple. Ancient Kaiju sized demons that ripped through the ground were swiftly frozed by maser fire; those foolish enough to jump at the vessel fell upon a series of Flash Cutters issued from the Chi-cannons, followed by a laser array of Dodonpa mimic fire.

    Each band of fighters that was relieved now held the ground, and regrouped to back up others.

    Soon enough, the Gotengo had made it to Cask in the North Continent. The Covens' magicians held their barriers fast, and so Ochazuke drove the bow drill into the nearest Tulpa demon, driving the nullifying energies of Kongosho through it as he forced his way through.
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-23-2021 at 10:42 PM.

  7. #382
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Being disorientated and off-balance. Makes it harder for Praxat to focus her sense of electroreception. Making it harder to block out unwanted electromagnetic noise. Still even being disorientated, sick, and off-balance Praxat keeps on fighting Haru.


    Being disorientated, sick, and off-balance makes it difficult to fight Haru. Even with Praxat gradually becoming more powerful, the more ambient electromagnetic energy she stores and accumulates. As Praxat continues to store and accumulate ambient electromagnetic energy.

    Her mind slips further and further away. " Dash, there's something I need to tell you. I'm storing and accumulating ambient electromagnetic energy. Doing this is gradually making me more powerful, but it's having an effect on my mind," Praxat said.

    " The more ambient electromagnetic energy I store and accumulate. The more I feel my mind slipping further and further away," Praxat said.
    Dash nods.

    ďThan release it!Ē

    She channels her armor, splitting it into curved gauntlets that morph into blasters at the end.

    ďFire it at me and let me channel it! One shot one kill!Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #383
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    It took some effort, but eventually he was able to pick up some sort of psychic effect imprinted on the area? Like a sort of mental compulsion that made one overlook a place, person, or thing. Even knowing about it, he was still affected a bit, and he found focusing on the area or the effect hard to do for any significant amount of time. Not that he was the most focused person out there, but his mind didn't wander that much.

    Alright, focus...

    First, Totoma focused his mind towards just... defending against mental interference in general, and while it took a while, he was able to begin mitigating the effect enough to focus on it specifically. Honing and focusing his psychic defenses gradually, he eventually reached a point where he could focus long enough to attempt to dispel it!

    ...but he didn't really know how?

    Uh.

    Fuck it, when it doubt, whip it out.

    Lacing his mental power with the will and intent of... disrupting other psychic effects in the area, Totoma built up power for a few seconds, the air rippling around him. And then, he did indeed 'whip it out', unleashing a disrupting wave of psionic energy that would... hopefully interfere with the 'don't look' psychic effect permeating the area. And maybe disorient whoever put it up, if they were still around.

    ...to be honest, he was kind of stumbling in the dark here.





    "...damn." That was all that Tavoca could say to that.

    She didn't have long to admire, however, as she soon caught sight of several... ominous balls descending from the sky. Possibly Hakai, since they didn't look like normal ki.

    Well, hopefully that armor stuck through the fusion, somehow...

    Clenching her fists, Tavoca's aura flared, and her hair lengthened as she transformed into Super Saiyan 3! Taking a solid stance, she began focusing her energy, opening her mouth widely. Something... within her responded, as if recognizing what she was going to do, and a gentle glow began emanating from her...

    Unlimited Eat Works!

    Focusing on one of the balls, a mighty whirlpool of air and ki began trying to funnel the ball of Hakai into her waiting gullet, her fused Super Saiyan 3 power bolstered by the effects of the hozon-enhanced armor Avoca had been gifted, which had been preserved through the effects of the fusion, in some capacity. This was risky, no doubt, but now was as good a time as any to put that armor's effect to the test.

    ...although how it had persisted through the fusion, despite not being physically present was a mystery. Had the Threshling designed it that way, or was it a side-effect of that energy's nature? Either was plausible.
    Your psychic powers rip out and eventually shreds the illusion.

    Your house is in ruins. The upper floor has collapsed into the first, smoke curls slowly in the air, and you see blood in the kitchen area and what appears to be a clump of Karine’s hair.

    ————

    Unlimited Eat Works combined with the armor allows you to pull down one of the balls and, slowly, consume it. However, the sheer will and power needed to contain the Hakai is….breathtaking. It’s pushing your fusion to the max and, once consumed, your fusion is forced apart so the two halves are saved from having ingested too much and exploding. Had you tried that without being a fusion, you would have died.

    But you did stop one of the three.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hellís Brigade; 10-24-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #384
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Cancer was still alive. That came as no surprise; she would have hoped a God of Destruction wouldn't be one-shot like that. "Damn it, is that Hakai?!" It seemed that Cancer had already gotten tired to the fight after taking one punch and decided to rage-quit.

    "SHE'S TRYING TO DESTROY THE PLANET WITH HAKAI!!" she bellowed to the Avoca/Tasure fusion, as well as Maiz and Meagan.

    She enfolded herself with a green barrier and rocketed upward. She passed through the planet's atmosphere in seemingly an instant. Floating through space, she let crimson ki bleed out of her hands and form a mist around her as she assessed what was going on. Alright, Hakai balls heading our way. I can't let any of them get passed me.



    The Fusion joined her and transformed into Super Saiyan 3.

    ...

    Unless Sarada was seriously mistaken, it looked like she was about to try Avoca's energy eating technique. ...On Hakai.

    A part of Sarada wanted to stop her. She was a Fusion, but she was still half her best friend! This better work. She decided to leave her to it. She had her hands full with the rest of the Hakai that were closing in on her planet.

    The mist shifted and coalesced into several crimson orbs. She sent those flying forward to counter the incoming Hakai.

    In the distance, Maiz was floating just on the edge of the upper atmosphere. She was still breathing heavily, but she still conjured what power she had left and sent several blasts to help deal with the incoming Hakai.
    Meagan joins and together, with Maiz, they manage to stop one with all the creation energy they have, but the effort will knock both out, or darn close to it.

    As for Sarada, your crimson orbs shatter against the last Hakai ball (the biggest) that veers towards you instead of the planet. It even seems to pick up speed.

    There is no evidence of Cancer anywhere.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #385
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The descent through the clouds was as smooth as it could have been. Seated silently there, Ochazuke's ki stretched wide, and intertwining with the genius loci of the Earth, rapidly he found himself reoriented to his homeplanet's geographic margins, and with it the plight of the peoples below. The EDF in conjunction with their allies had fought back the advancing monstrosities. Given time, they'd keep up the pressure; though he had faith they would win, the calculated cost of their efforts would not be theirs to pay now.

    It would have to be quick, decisive...and there were only a select few he knew could pull this off. Reaching across the communicator band, he reached out to those who fought for Earth.

    "Zaofan, are you there?"

    ___



    Zaofan's eyes slowly widened. He nodded, then slowly turned to shaking his head as he threw a few pointed gestures of his own.


    "You do that, Auroc. Go march off to the Home for Infinite Losers. And when you get back, you remember who put you there and why."

    You'd think dying a year ago would be enough to teach the guy a lesson...seems we need to speak a little louder.

    At then, with the raised signal in the communicators, he allowed himself a wide smirk. "I'd be quick about it, too."

    Cupping Etrina's thin shoulder with one hand and pinging the comms with the other, he spoke, "About time you arrived, brother, ha-ha! You wouldn't believe it, the Civilization of Honzu crawled out of the woodwork, but we made 'em kiss the sun!"

    _____

    Quietly, Ochazuke smiled as he heard Zaofan's voice. It cut through the sounds of violence that stretched across the globe.

    "How many on the Lookout with you?"

    "Um, let's see...Etrina, she's back - she's back! - and we met up with Charco and Sasheem. Totoma was here but just he took off without a word."

    "Why wouldn't he, there's still fighting to be taken care of. Every major continent has at least one battlefield. But if we drive through them, we can relieve our forces."

    "Heh, around the globe huh? No problem! Besides, I've been stuck up here all day, I need to stretch my legs."

    "Then push through them on the way to Jinzi and Adam at Capsule Corp. I'll make my way North and meet up with you there afterward."

    Between the martial brothers, the Heka Spark they held resonated.

    "Heh, don't keep me waiting too long, we have bigger fish to fry!" Zaofan's energy began to ripple through his body. "I know we all just got back together, but if we hit them all hard and fast, the sooner things will be safer here," he said, "With that, lady and germs, I'll race you to Capsule Corp!"

    A few sweet exchanges with Etrina later, he chef kicking off the Lookout as it ascended back to its height, his staff in hand as he fell. His aura kicked to life, the Fist of the Altered Beast redoubling his speed. Soon there was neither sound nor trace of him as Zaofan literally ran through one battlefield around the world to the next, tackling whatever threat he'd so happen to find with gusto.


    Aboard the Gotengo, Ochazuke selected the larger battles that required covering fire and relief. Thanks to the sophisticated calculations in the BGS-derived computer systems, arriving upon battlefields through miniaturized Stargates was simple. Ancient Kaiju sized demons that ripped through the ground were swiftly frozed by maser fire; those foolish enough to jump at the vessel fell upon a series of Flash Cutters issued from the Chi-cannons, followed by a laser array of Dodonpa mimic fire.

    Each band of fighters that was relieved now held the ground, and regrouped to back up others.

    Soon enough, the Gotengo had made it to Cask in the North Continent. The Covens' magicians held their barriers fast, and so Ochazuke drove the bow drill into the nearest Tulpa demon, driving the nullifying energies of Kongosho through it as he forced his way through.
    Auroc snorts, waves, and he and the Maven disappear through her magic portal.

    Zaofan races through battlefield after battlefield, stopping and helping beat back any attackers, until he arrives at CC.

    There is a fierce battle between CCís defenders (and hey, Shiro and Midori are here alongside Adam and Wilhelm and that Dr. Wheelo!) fighting two of the hybrids the Doctor created. A bit away, Praxat and Dash and some mechs fight two more.

    Meanwhile, the Gotengo removes a Tulpa demon and the Cask forces rally and push the remaining Khante back and back, a grey mage falling as Hops, the half Saiyan they rescued while back, alongside Aleka and Chou? tackle the other two Tulpa demons, leaving the last Grey mages vulnerable.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Your psychic powers rip out and eventually shreds the illusion.

    Your house is in ruins. The upper floor has collapsed into the first, smoke curls slowly in the air, and you see blood in the kitchen area and what appears to be a clump of Karine’s hair.

    ————

    Unlimited Eat Works combined with the armor allows you to pull down one of the balls and, slowly, consume it. However, the sheer will and power needed to contain the Hakai is….breathtaking. It’s pushing your fusion to the max and, once consumed, your fusion is forced apart so the two halves are saved from having ingested too much and exploding. Had you tried that without being a fusion, you would have died.

    But you did stop one of the three.
    The whole experience of unfusing was... odd. For Tasure, at least, the experience of fusion was dream-like. She remembered what happened, but it felt... impersonal, as if she herself hadn't actually experienced it. In a way, that was the truth, and yet... her consciousness re-emerging from that quasi dreamlike state so suddenly was jarring. Nothing she couldn't handle, of course, but it raised... metaphysical questions she was not prone to pondering.

    Still, not the time.

    Standing up unsteadily, she glanced over at Avoca. "...you good? Seems we managed to actually eat one of those attacks, thanks to that armor of yours still affecting the fusion. Shame we defused though..."

    That manuever was risky, but it seems, despite what she believed to be a considerable power difference--even when their fusion was at full power--Avoca's armor combined with the power of a fusion could manage it... just barely. Had they just been a bit weaker, though... Tasure shuddered to think of the consequences.

    "...think you can make use of the energy our fusion swallowed, or is it gone?"

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    ...he did it, although the haphazard way he'd done it had given him a bit of a headache.

    Worse, however, was what he saw. While there had been signs of... something having gone down, those were probably just from his mom training or something. This, however, was...

    The house was destroyed, but that didn't matter. In the kitchen there was blood, and a clump of Karine's hair.

    It was becoming harder and harder not to panic, and Totoma had to take a moment to calm himself yet again.

    ...damn it, I should've just came directly here instead of trying to show off in front of the others.

    Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

    After he was calm(er), Totoma held the lock of hair in his hand and tried to, once again, try to pick up any sort of psychic impressions from it. With something concrete from someone involved in... whatever happened--especially someone he had a... kizuna.... with...

    ...

    Maybe...

    Shifting his efforts, he attempted to combine his psychic senses with his Kizuna w/ Karine, Chaz, and Eva to create a sensory link between himself and his family.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  12. #387
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As for Sarada, your crimson orbs shatter against the last Hakai ball (the biggest) that veers towards you instead of the planet. It even seems to pick up speed.

    There is no evidence of Cancer anywhere.
    !!!

    Sarada knew what was happening. Cancer was trying to drive her away from the planet to leave the rest of them vulnerable.

    Cowardly, conniving bitch!

    Sarada had no choice. She knew that she didn't have anything that would let her survive a Hakai blast of that size and didn't even want to try. Immediately, she took off, away from the planet. Her speeds reached light speed near instantly and even exceeded it as she flew away and led the blast away from Ruco and the others. Think! If it's a homing blast, then it'll follow me anywhere I go. ...Unless I disappear suddenly. It was then that she hatched an escape plan.

    She spread her senses and searched for a world that was uninhabited. The universe was massive; empty worlds were an abundance. There! She found one and turned on a dime toward it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

  13. #388
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    The whole experience of unfusing was... odd. For Tasure, at least, the experience of fusion was dream-like. She remembered what happened, but it felt... impersonal, as if she herself hadn't actually experienced it. In a way, that was the truth, and yet... her consciousness re-emerging from that quasi dreamlike state so suddenly was jarring. Nothing she couldn't handle, of course, but it raised... metaphysical questions she was not prone to pondering.

    Still, not the time.

    Standing up unsteadily, she glanced over at Avoca. "...you good? Seems we managed to actually eat one of those attacks, thanks to that armor of yours still affecting the fusion. Shame we defused though..."

    That manuever was risky, but it seems, despite what she believed to be a considerable power difference--even when their fusion was at full power--Avoca's armor combined with the power of a fusion could manage it... just barely. Had they just been a bit weaker, though... Tasure shuddered to think of the consequences.

    "...think you can make use of the energy our fusion swallowed, or is it gone?"

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    ...he did it, although the haphazard way he'd done it had given him a bit of a headache.

    Worse, however, was what he saw. While there had been signs of... something having gone down, those were probably just from his mom training or something. This, however, was...

    The house was destroyed, but that didn't matter. In the kitchen there was blood, and a clump of Karine's hair.

    It was becoming harder and harder not to panic, and Totoma had to take a moment to calm himself yet again.

    ...damn it, I should've just came directly here instead of trying to show off in front of the others.

    Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

    After he was calm(er), Totoma held the lock of hair in his hand and tried to, once again, try to pick up any sort of psychic impressions from it. With something concrete from someone involved in... whatever happened--especially someone he had a... kizuna.... with...

    ...

    Maybe...

    Shifting his efforts, he attempted to combine his psychic senses with his Kizuna w/ Karine, Chaz, and Eva to create a sensory link between himself and his family.
    The energy appears to be gone from either of you.

    óóóóóó

    The sensory link flares to life and you sense they are still alive.

    But not on Earth anymore. They had been taken.

    You do also, amidst the rubble, find a dead Arcosian body with strange black markings.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #389
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    12,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    !!!

    Sarada knew what was happening. Cancer was trying to drive her away from the planet to leave the rest of them vulnerable.

    Cowardly, conniving bitch!

    Sarada had no choice. She knew that she didn't have anything that would let her survive a Hakai blast of that size and didn't even want to try. Immediately, she took off, away from the planet. Her speeds reached light speed near instantly and even exceeded it as she flew away and led the blast away from Ruco and the others. Think! If it's a homing blast, then it'll follow me anywhere I go. ...Unless I disappear suddenly. It was then that she hatched an escape plan.

    She spread her senses and searched for a world that was uninhabited. The universe was massive; empty worlds were an abundance. There! She found one and turned on a dime toward it.
    It chases after you at speed, and while it is slower, it homes in frighteningly fast. It turns and heads towards where you turned.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #390
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    15,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Unlimited Eat Works combined with the armor allows you to pull down one of the balls and, slowly, consume it. However, the sheer will and power needed to contain the Hakai is….breathtaking. It’s pushing your fusion to the max and, once consumed, your fusion is forced apart so the two halves are saved from having ingested too much and exploding. Had you tried that without being a fusion, you would have died.

    But you did stop one of the three.
    Tavoca's separation felt jarring, like suddenly being shaken awake after a deep sleep. Avoca was sure if there was any definite way to get used to it, but she hoped so. She squeezed her eyes closed and shook the cobwebs out of her head. The entire experience felt... odd. She remembered everything, but it was like she was watching a TV show rather than experience it for herself. The disassociated memories of the Fusion's thoughts and actions was probably the most jarring thing about it all.

    It was fun, but definitely something she had to get used to. At least we managed to stop one of them. And she got confirmation. If she tried Unlimited Eat Works before, even with the enhanced armor, she would have been killed. Perhaps it was the size or maybe Hakai was just that powerful. She was inclined to think the latter. That was something she couldn't and wouldn't try again. All that realization did was reaffirm just how above regular mortals those Gods were, if they're energy was that powerful. No wonder she made playthings out of me and Parsley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    The whole experience of unfusing was... odd. For Tasure, at least, the experience of fusion was dream-like. She remembered what happened, but it felt... impersonal, as if she herself hadn't actually experienced it. In a way, that was the truth, and yet... her consciousness re-emerging from that quasi dreamlike state so suddenly was jarring. Nothing she couldn't handle, of course, but it raised... metaphysical questions she was not prone to pondering.

    Still, not the time.

    Standing up unsteadily, she glanced over at Avoca. "...you good? Seems we managed to actually eat one of those attacks, thanks to that armor of yours still affecting the fusion. Shame we defused though..."

    That manuever was risky, but it seems, despite what she believed to be a considerable power difference--even when their fusion was at full power--Avoca's armor combined with the power of a fusion could manage it... just barely. Had they just been a bit weaker, though... Tasure shuddered to think of the consequences.

    "...think you can make use of the energy our fusion swallowed, or is it gone?"
    "Yeah, I'm fine." She glanced upward and just barely caught the fading remnants of Sarada's aura as she retreated away from the planet, taking the largest blast with her. "Tch." Cancer was nowhere to be seen, but without Sarada, they were vulnerable.

    Tasure asked if she could make use of the energy Tavoca swallowed. "I... don't know..." She frowned and searched within herself to see if there was any Hakai left in her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The energy appears to be gone from either of you.
    "Nope. It's gone," she said with a sigh. "If Cancer's still around, we're fucked."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •